Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'm not sure if you get Calvin Klein access from those seats - even in row 4. You may get Ice Pass benefits but that often depends on whether the seat is a Season Ticket. 7-9 definitely have the Ice Pass (for STHs) but not sure if 10 does as well.

Does the inclusive food and beverage only apply for STH? Was looking at ScoreBig for tomorrow night's game and was thinking of pulling the trigger especially if the food is included.

Edit - I guess to add on, is there any way to tell that they are IcePass? Pain to go through every StubHub listing to check.

Last edited:

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Thinking of going to the game Monday against the yotes. Any suggestions as to where to look for free/street parking? My brother is pretty familiar with the area as he used to do a lot of work there...before the BC was completed.

Fulton for sure, and the surrounding side streets. You'll definitely get a spot. Worst case scenario, you'll pay a meter for a bit (less than 3 bucks, depending on how early). Meter parking ends at 7. Never failed to get a spot within 4 blocks. It honestly shouldn't be that hard. At this point I don't even plan out more than a 10 minute buffer prior to puck drop, haven't failed yet.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Fulton for sure, and the surrounding side streets. You'll definitely get a spot. Worst case scenario, you'll pay a meter for a bit (less than 3 bucks, depending on how early). Meter parking ends at 7. Never failed to get a spot within 4 blocks. It honestly shouldn't be that hard. At this point I don't even plan out more than a 10 minute buffer prior to puck drop, haven't failed yet.

Thanks!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Does the inclusive food and beverage only apply for STH? Was looking at ScoreBig for tomorrow night's game and was thinking of pulling the trigger especially if the food is included.

Edit - I guess to add on, is there any way to tell that they are IcePass? Pain to go through every StubHub listing to check.

The Ice Pass (i.e. inclusive food/bev) only goes to STHs. The tickets the Isles dumped to a broker(s) do not have that benefit. Neither do seats that are bought on an individual basis from the Islanders. Not sure how packages were dealt with tbh but I'm sure that was included in the material.

There is no real way to tell on SH whether a ticket has the Ice Pass. For starters though, definitely do not buy tickets that are part of over 4 tix together. Those almost certainly are not STs as they STHs could only buy 4 tickets together (although I'm sure if you had a family of 5 they'd make an exception). There is an occasional listing that has something along the lines under section of 13Eat which seems to indicate that they have the Ice Pass. But I've only seen that a few times and it was probably the same guy.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The Ice Pass (i.e. inclusive food/bev) only goes to STHs. The tickets the Isles dumped to a broker(s) do not have that benefit. Neither do seats that are bought on an individual basis from the Islanders. Not sure how packages were dealt with tbh but I'm sure that was included in the material.

There is no real way to tell on SH whether a ticket has the Ice Pass. For starters though, definitely do not buy tickets that are part of over 4 tix together. Those almost certainly are not STs as they STHs could only buy 4 tickets together (although I'm sure if you had a family of 5 they'd make an exception). There is an occasional listing that has something along the lines under section of 13Eat which seems to indicate that they have the Ice Pass. But I've only seen that a few times and it was probably the same guy.

That's what I figured. There's an option when you list tickets for all you can eat but I was clicking around on some of the 2-4 ticket listings and didn't see that in any of the comments.

ban

Mar 20, 2012
Sect 102? Lots of tickets available tonight, how bad is the obstruction? Looks like these are Islander seats they have on Stubhub, in groups of 10+.

Which "Obstructed View" sections are not too bad?

Thanks for any info

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Sect 102? Lots of tickets available tonight, how bad is the obstruction? Looks like these are Islander seats they have on Stubhub, in groups of 10+.

Which "Obstructed View" sections are not too bad?

Thanks for any info

i've never sat in 102 but i wouldn't risk it. probably can't see the net on your side

BroadwayJay*

i've never sat in 102 but i wouldn't risk it. probably can't see the net on your side

As far as Ranger fans are concerned, they're terrific seats. Enjoy yourselves.

I certainly don't care if they have a nice experience.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but try the chicken fingers and fries! They're freakin' awesome.

Seriously.

(However, it's not the chicken tenders from a franchise concession, I think it may be a regular, plain jane BC concession.)

For $10, that'll keep you full for the game!

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but try the chicken fingers and fries! They're freakin' awesome.

Seriously.

(However, it's not the chicken tenders from a franchise concession, I think it may be a regular, plain jane BC concession.)

For $10, that'll keep you full for the game!

ya know we actually tried them on opening night and it was really bad! they were cold and rubbery. must have just been b/c it was opening night and maybe that partic location was out of whack. i'm willing to give it a second chance..

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
ya know we actually tried them on opening night and it was really bad! they were cold and rubbery. must have just been b/c it was opening night and maybe that partic location was out of whack. i'm willing to give it a second chance..

Mine was really good. However, if you spent the hard earned cash already, you may want to skip. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them.. The second time I got the chicken tenders, it was at some "Southern" concession stand. The chicken had nothing "Southern" about it, hell even KFC is more Southern than that chicken.

Look for the chicken tenders and fries combo for I think $10. I forget what the concession was named, but I think it was a generic name, don't get the chicken tenders from the "Southern" concession, they are nowhere near as good.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Mine was really good. However, if you spent the hard earned cash already, you may want to skip. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them.. The second time I got the chicken tenders, it was at some "Southern" concession stand. The chicken had nothing "Southern" about it, hell even KFC is more Southern than that chicken.

Look for the chicken tenders and fries combo for I think $10. I forget what the concession was named, but I think it was a generic name, don't get the chicken tenders from the "Southern" concession, they are nowhere near as good.

Doesn't the name of the concession places get confusing? I feel like I've never seen two concessions with the same name, even if they have the same food

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island

The southern one was opened by the lady from the show the Chew, Carla Hall i think? Talked to her on the concourse in front of her concession. My daughter couldnt stand her chicken fingers though i didnt have the heart to tell Carla :laugh: However, the other chicken fingers got rave reviews from all my kids, pretty sure they have been getting them at paisano's burgers, not the butcher block one. main concourse behind section 29 i think.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
of what i have had, the cuban sandwich from havana and the boneless wings from buffalo boss have been my favorites

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
of what i have had, the cuban sandwich from havana and the boneless wings from buffalo boss have been my favorites

i agree, although the chicken bowl from habana was really good also...i always walk in the dean st entrance so i can go right to buffalo boss and get an order of OMG boneless wings :nod:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
i agree, although the chicken bowl from habana was really good also...i always walk in the dean st entrance so i can go right to buffalo boss and get an order of OMG boneless wings :nod:

Mrs. MJF swears by the mojo chicken bowl. It is her go-to meal at Barclays.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Mrs. MJF swears by the mojo chicken bowl. It is her go-to meal at Barclays.

I polished off the remains of my wife's chicken bowl last night - really good stuff.

I still think that the smoked brisket sandwich from BQE is the most underrated food stuff at the BC. Its really very good - especially considering the no-name source (unless BQE is a resto I'm not aware of).

Would like to give the Cuban a shot next time.

BroadwayJay*

I polished off the remains of my wife's chicken bowl last night - really good stuff.

I still think that the smoked brisket sandwich from BQE is the most underrated food stuff at the BC. Its really very good - especially considering the no-name source (unless BQE is a resto I'm not aware of).

Would like to give the Cuban a shot next time.

Brooklyn Banger is very good too, especially the one with the cheese inside the sausage.

I mean, basically everything is good. I've never had a bad meal at the Barclays and I've been to A LOT of Nets games.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Brooklyn Banger is very good too, especially the one with the cheese inside the sausage.

I mean, basically everything is good. I've never had a bad meal at the Barclays and I've been to A LOT of Nets games.

Saul (restaurant by the Brooklyn Banger owner) was one of my favorite restaurants. It used to be on Smith Street but now moved into the Brooklyn Museum - haven't been since it moved but heard its still good. He's got another place called Vanderbilt on...wait for it...Vanderbilt. If you're looking to sit down before a game/event at Barclays, its a great option. 4-5 minute walk down Dean Street. I've had the Bangers twice (but not the cheese one) and I've enjoyed them. Expensive for the size (like everything there), but very good.

The only food I have been less than really pleased with is the pizza, tbh. Found it unspectacular and really pricey - even for Barclays standards. Its too bad L&B isn't there anymore. Other than that, I've always been very happy with everything I've eaten, as have the people I've brought.

Haven't tried the burger at Boomer and Carton's - is much different than the Paisano Burger?

BroadwayJay*

Saul (restaurant by the Brooklyn Banger owner) was one of my favorite restaurants. It used to be on Smith Street but now moved into the Brooklyn Museum - haven't been since it moved but heard its still good. He's got another place called Vanderbilt on...wait for it...Vanderbilt. If you're looking to sit down before a game/event at Barclays, its a great option. 4-5 minute walk down Dean Street. I've had the Bangers twice (but not the cheese one) and I've enjoyed them. Expensive for the size (like everything there), but very good.

The only food I have been less than really pleased with is the pizza, tbh. Found it unspectacular and really pricey - even for Barclays standards. Its too bad L&B isn't there anymore. Other than that, I've always been very happy with everything I've eaten, as have the people I've brought.

Haven't tried the burger at Boomer and Carton's - is much different than the Paisano Burger?

I have not had the burgers. L&B was good, but you got about two slices for the price of a half sheet at the real thing. The taste was authentic though.

EDIT: As stated previously, I continue to boycott Williamsburg pizza out of spite. Perhaps I'll get over it someday and be able to get a slice there.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I have not had the burgers. L&B was good, but you got about two slices for the price of a half sheet at the real thing. The taste was authentic though.

EDIT: As stated previously, I continue to boycott Williamsburg pizza out of spite. Perhaps I'll get over it someday and be able to get a slice there.

Why would you? Might as well stand on your principle. There are things that test your moral convictions - Williamsburg Pizza (at least the BC version) is not one of them. 20 years from now, you can tell your kids "I haven't had a slice of pizza here since 2014!".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad