Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Hmmm.... Ok so quick question here to all your people who take the train on the regular. Me and some friends are trying to go to SummerSlam in August at Barclays (yeah WWE problem with it?) and were wondering how much the train would cost there and back?

I live near the Patchogue/Medford area if that helps you guys with it...

Also how is the pricing with food? Just went to the Coliseum for the last ever time Monday for RAW and it hurt going there. Seeing the team store there just closed up and the Isles ads were still all over the place. Anyway I spent $6.25 on a HOTDOG. How's the food at Barclays?

The one way off peak fare from Patchogue is $13.25. I would probably drive to Ronkonkoma and take the train from there. More frequent westbound service from Ronkonkoma, same fare.

As far as food goes, much better selection than the Barn but you'll be paying arena prices. It is what it is .

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
The one way off peak fare from Patchogue is $13.25. I would probably drive to Ronkonkoma and take the train from there. More frequent westbound service from Ronkonkoma, same fare.

As far as food goes, much better selection than the Barn but you'll be paying arena prices. It is what it is .

First of all thank you very much but when it comes to trains I am not the brightest. Somebody told me I would have to take the subway to Barclays (keep in mind this was just a quick convo). There is one train there for $13.25? Sorry for the stupid questions man :laugh:.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
First of all thank you very much but when it comes to trains I am not the brightest. Somebody told me I would have to take the subway to Barclays (keep in mind this was just a quick convo). There is one train there for $13.25? Sorry for the stupid questions man :laugh:.

No problem bro.

The one way off peak fare is the same from Patchogue, as well as Ronkonkoma, $13.25. That is for ALL trains that leave those stations going to Penn Station or Brooklyn during the off peak hours (which is basically after the morning rush hour and all weekend). So a round-trip to Brooklyn and back home will cost you $26.50.

You won't need to take the subway. Simply purchase your round trip ticket to Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn. Barclays Center is right upstairs and across the street from the station. You will probably have to transfer at Jamaica to a train going to Brooklyn. Same will apply to your trip home...probably have to change at Jamaica for a Ronkonkoma or Patchogue-bound train.

This link will help:
http://www.mta.info/

Click on the LIRR tab on the homepage.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
No problem bro.

The one way off peak fare is the same from Patchogue, as well as Ronkonkoma, $13.25. That is for ALL trains that leave those stations going to Penn Station or Brooklyn during the off peak hours (which is basically after the morning rush hour and all weekend). So a round-trip to Brooklyn and back home will cost you $26.50.

You won't need to take the subway. Simply purchase your round trip ticket to Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn. Barclays Center is right upstairs and across the street from the station. You will probably have to transfer at Jamaica to a train going to Brooklyn. Same will apply to your trip home...probably have to change at Jamaica for a Ronkonkoma or Patchogue-bound train.

This link will help:
http://www.mta.info/

Click on the LIRR tab on the homepage.

Thank you very much!

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
i know everyone is still a little bummed seeing the coliseum we all grew up with going away, with the ice scraped away and the banners taken down, but i'm excited as hell for brooklyn, i really can't wait. A new building, a new borough STILL on long island, and the team in a financially positive situation for the first time in about 30 years. I'm amped! LGI!!!

dcv2002

Jun 22, 2006
If and when I go to a game, I'll be driving either to the Babylon train station or the Mineola train station. Higher frequency of trainis going to those stations then Ronkonkoma...

From Mineola its about 35 minutes to Atlantic Ave. stop. From Babylon its 1 hour 15 minutes...

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
They're having anothe select-a-seat event on the 11th. I just ordered my seats section 20 row 16.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

food at the barn wasn't particularly cheap either. I'll gladly pay the extra few bucks at barclays for food that won't give me food poisoning or the runs :laugh:

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
food at the barn wasn't particularly cheap either. I'll gladly pay the extra few bucks at barclays for food that won't give me food poisoning or the runs :laugh:

dude, you didnt like the "chicken tenders" that were likely processed while dipietro had his first pair of hips?

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
dude, you didnt like the "chicken tenders" that were likely processed while dipietro had his first pair of hips?

or the same hotdogs that were rolling around on that machine from the home opener until game 6 vs washington :laugh:

****, i'm gonna miss that ****hole.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
or the same hotdogs that were rolling around on that machine from the home opener until game 6 vs washington :laugh:

****, i'm gonna miss that ****hole.

i remember i got real desperate during one of the playoff games and bought a chicken caesar wrap as i drank a lot n didnt really have anything to eat.....i opened up the wrap and it was literally lettuce, tomato, a glob of caesar dressing and maybe 1/2 an ounce of chicken in the entire wrap......not gonna lie, one part of me was happy that my chances of getting salmonella was lower

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
i remember i got real desperate during one of the playoff games and bought a chicken caesar wrap as i drank a lot n didnt really have anything to eat.....i opened up the wrap and it was literally lettuce, tomato, a glob of caesar dressing and maybe 1/2 an ounce of chicken in the entire wrap......not gonna lie, one part of me was happy that my chances of getting salmonella was lower

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you're a natural optimist!! Less chicken saves chucky money, but less likely you get sick!!

The safest bet was always grabbing one of those pretzel twists, it's almost impossible to undercook or **** one of those up. Just grab 20 of those tiny packets of mustard and you're good to go

denis

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Was going to share my story about seeing a humongous roach crawling up the wall in a food prep area in the building many years back, but decided not to. Suffice to say

1) Haven't bought food in the building since

2) Beware of food that's extra crunchy

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Was going to share my story about seeing a humongous roach crawling up the wall in a food prep area in the building many years back, but decided not to. Suffice to say

1) Haven't bought food in the building since

2) Beware of food that's extra crunchy

I knew the chili wasn't supposed to be crunchy! Damn it

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Here's a question for anyone that's been to Barclays for a Nets game -- are the interior staircases accessible during regular season games? The actual concourse escalators/stairs were hard to find, but it was really convenient being able to move up and down the concourse by popping through the exit doors on each level.

BroadwayJay*

Here's a question for anyone that's been to Barclays for a Nets game -- are the interior staircases accessible during regular season games? The actual concourse escalators/stairs were hard to find, but it was really convenient being able to move up and down the concourse by popping through the exit doors on each level.

Yes.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
...so did they start the direct trains yet or do you still have to change in Jamaica coming from eastern LI?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
...so did they start the direct trains yet or do you still have to change in Jamaica coming from eastern LI?

obviously direct trains are preferred, but i used to commute from LI to atlantic terminal pretty regularly and it is really simple to transfer at jamaica.....most times you literally just have to walk across the platform and there is a train waiting or there in under 5 minutes....no biggie

i don't know the answer to your question, but thought that should alleviate some doubt you and other people may have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad