Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
It was very crowded on the way there too on the babylon line.. Had to run past 5 cars just to find a spot to squeeze into the aisle. I'm going to try driving this time and see how it works.

Anyone know of any garages nearby/cost?

I still feel driving is the best way.

You can reserve parking here, but many people say you should have no problem finding street parking.

http://www.parkwhiz.com/?gclid=CN3owceB6cACFSdk7Aod90MAxw

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
We're doing a vacation rental in Queens later this year and the fastest way to Manhattan is to take the J line east to Jamaica station. Is there any reason that I should be concerned about transferring there (including, potentially, at night)?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
We're doing a vacation rental in Queens later this year and the fastest way to Manhattan is to take the J line east to Jamaica station. Is there any reason that I should be concerned about transferring there (including, potentially, at night)?

none, its safe (and busy as heck)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

The E is faster. It goes to midtown. The J takes a long, winding route to lower Manhattan.

Jamaica is not exactly the garden spot of the city. Be advised.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY

Hey, I am a Queens native and live by the J line.. If you wanna take the J to Broadway Junction and hop on the A train and that drops you off express on lower manhattan (as does the J train) Otherwise J-E brings you into midtown quicker.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

If Barclays is your destination from Jamaica, use the Long Island Railroad (commuter rail). A few dollars more expensive than the subway fare but the travel time is an unbeatable 15 minutes from Jamaica to Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn.

BroadwayJay*

If Barclays is your destination from Jamaica, use the Long Island Railroad (commuter rail). A few dollars more expensive than the subway fare but the travel time is an unbeatable 15 minutes from Jamaica to Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn.

Do they even check tickets for that ride?

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Another note, nhl 2014 season started October 8. According to Barclays calendar, BC is booked for concerts mid-week. Most likely home opener is Saturday evening October 10. Friday is open and Monday as well. One has to think the NHL will give Isles a premium night opener such as Saturday vs. a weekday. Usually the league loads up with games that first Saturday night.

BroadwayJay*

Just a note - these are season tix prices - not general market pricing, which is usually 20-35% higher.

My season tickets were cheaper than those prices. But I suppose they've bumped them up since.

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
Good Italian food at a reasonable price. Cataldo's Restaurant 554 Vanderbilt Ave. Vanderbilt and Dean St.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
While not in Downtown Brooklyn, there's a great hockey bar with decent food and a great selection of beer in Bay Ridge. It's accessible by the R-train from Barclays, which takes about 20 minutes. It's named the Windy City Ale House. They're all Blackhawks fans, and much of the menu and the beer selection has a Chicago motif, but they have a love for all hockey.

I've gone there when the Hawks weren't playing and they were more than happy to put the sound on the Islander game (which would've been on a TV regardless). They seem to get a decent crowd of Islander fans, although there's more Ranger fans.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Hmmm.... Ok so quick question here to all your people who take the train on the regular. Me and some friends are trying to go to SummerSlam in August at Barclays (yeah WWE problem with it?) and were wondering how much the train would cost there and back?

I live near the Patchogue/Medford area if that helps you guys with it...

Also how is the pricing with food? Just went to the Coliseum for the last ever time Monday for RAW and it hurt going there. Seeing the team store there just closed up and the Isles ads were still all over the place. Anyway I spent $6.25 on a HOTDOG. How's the food at Barclays?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->