Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
thanks for confirming :laugh:

i guess it's all just part of the adjustment process and letting the past go.

After the playoffs I had sent an email to Brett Yormark saying in effect that we should bring the best of the Coliseum to Brooklyn. Two of those things are Roger Luce and Paul Cartier. I didn't think we were supposed to let go of the past, I thought we were supposed to enhance and build on it.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Can we talk about pre-gaming? I've only been to McMahons so far (pre-Predators game) and it was a very good scene. Anyone been to other spots? Finally getting a chance to hit a game without the kids so I should have some time to have a beer or three before the game.

HumphreyBrogart

Apr 12, 2007
Mineola, LI/ Hoboken
Can we talk about pre-gaming? I've only been to McMahons so far (pre-Predators game) and it was a very good scene. Anyone been to other spots? Finally getting a chance to hit a game without the kids so I should have some time to have a beer or three before the game.

Uncle Barry's
Montrose
Pacific Standard
4th Avenue Pub

Just walk down 4th or 5th avenue and there is no shortage of options. Sharlene's on Flatbush is one of my favorite bars in the area but it's more low key and not so much a sports bar or a rowdy place before a game. It's also a bit of a walk. Morgan's on Flatbush is a pretty decent BBQ spot. Not the best in Brooklyn but it was solid last time I went.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Uncle Barry's
Montrose
Pacific Standard
4th Avenue Pub

Just walk down 4th or 5th avenue and there is no shortage of options. Sharlene's on Flatbush is one of my favorite bars in the area but it's more low key and not so much a sports bar or a rowdy place before a game. It's also a bit of a walk. Morgan's on Flatbush is a pretty decent BBQ spot. Not the best in Brooklyn but it was solid last time I went.

Thanks....Was actually considering Morgans for today - especially as the weather is so nice. I've heard of most of those options above but haven't been to them on gameday. Do they all get a strong Islander crowd?

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

Montrose isn't bad but it's probably 1/10th the size of Mcmahons. Those are the only two i've been to so far.

It looks like a lot of the businesses in the area started hanging islander flags to jump on the extra revenue bandwagon. Saw a mexican spot across the street did the same..even the artichoke pizza place

HumphreyBrogart

Apr 12, 2007
Mineola, LI/ Hoboken
Thanks....Was actually considering Morgans for today - especially as the weather is so nice. I've heard of most of those options above but haven't been to them on gameday. Do they all get a strong Islander crowd?

Didn't see this before...of the places I listed I would say Barry's is the best move for a strong Islander crowd. I really don't know about any of the others.

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
Sabres fan looking to come to tomorrow's game, so many of the sections have "limited views" and prices that match. I am okay in the Upper Center sections like 206-207 or 226-225?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If you are going to the game tomorrow night be aware that the New York Marathon is tomorrow and there will be street closures early in the day in the Barclays Center area. There is also track work on the LIRR affecting the Ronkonkoma branch. Plan ahead and check the LIRR website.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
Hi all, I'll be going to a game at Barclays in the not so distant future. I think the section/row will be fine from what I gather but I want to make sure before I drop a nice bit of money on the seats.

Is Section 13 row 5 or 6 solid?

Thanks all!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Hi all, I'll be going to a game at Barclays in the not so distant future. I think the section/row will be fine from what I gather but I want to make sure before I drop a nice bit of money on the seats.

Is Section 13 row 5 or 6 solid?

Thanks all!

I'm not a particular fan of sitting that low unless you're directly behind the goal (I like that perspective personally) but I think the view you'd get from Sect 13/row 5 is probably the view you get from similar seats in other arenas. I don't think there is any Barclays-specific issue that you have to worry about there.

All things equal, I'd prefer 111-114 or 117-121 but that's a personal preference, I guess.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
im assuming the building will turn into mini montreal on Thursday and the door greeters will be welcoming people in french? bienvenue à Barclays Center. maybe we can even re-design the tickets for that night so it appears to be a montreal home game

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
im assuming the building will turn into mini montreal on Thursday and the door greeters will be welcoming people in french? bienvenue à Barclays Center. maybe we can even re-design the tickets for that night so it appears to be a montreal home game

Nah, I'm thinking Thursday's game is going to be a full-blown Canadiens home game. That is, of course, taking into consideration that the game is being played in Montreal. ;)

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
I'm not a particular fan of sitting that low unless you're directly behind the goal (I like that perspective personally) but I think the view you'd get from Sect 13/row 5 is probably the view you get from similar seats in other arenas. I don't think there is any Barclays-specific issue that you have to worry about there.

All things equal, I'd prefer 111-114 or 117-121 but that's a personal preference, I guess.

awesome thanks!

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
Hey guys going to the game tonight, with an Islander friend. We want to check out the arena and some of the atmosphere before hand. Where is the best place to go before a game, preferably walking distance?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Hey guys going to the game tonight, with an Islander friend. We want to check out the arena and some of the atmosphere before hand. Where is the best place to go before a game, preferably walking distance?

5th Avenue runs right into the arena and has a bunch of places to go. A few posts up details the options. I've been to McMahons which is perfect for pre-gaming. Two floors, tables in the back to eat, bar tables up front and an outdoor patio upstairs.

Someone mentioned Uncle Barrys gets a strong hockey crowd. I hit Morgan's BBQ the other day and it was very good. Right up Flatbush about 3 blocks from the arena. Very close.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
5th Avenue runs right into the arena and has a bunch of places to go. A few posts up details the options. I've been to McMahons which is perfect for pre-gaming. Two floors, tables in the back to eat, bar tables up front and an outdoor patio upstairs.

Someone mentioned Uncle Barrys gets a strong hockey crowd. I hit Morgan's BBQ the other day and it was very good. Right up Flatbush about 3 blocks from the arena. Very close.

Great call on McMahons! Went there and had a great time, cool atmosphere, nice people. Super close to Barclays as well. Thank you sir! :handclap:

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
rangers fan coming in peace....what perks are you entitled to in section 10 row 4?
calvin klein club? or anything else?..thanks for any replies

crasherino

May 9, 2013
rangers fan coming in peace....what perks are you entitled to in section 10 row 4?
calvin klein club? or anything else?..thanks for any replies

I'm not sure if you get Calvin Klein access from those seats - even in row 4. You may get Ice Pass benefits but that often depends on whether the seat is a Season Ticket. 7-9 definitely have the Ice Pass (for STHs) but not sure if 10 does as well.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Thinking of going to the game Monday against the yotes. Any suggestions as to where to look for free/street parking? My brother is pretty familiar with the area as he used to do a lot of work there...before the BC was completed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad