Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
obviously direct trains are preferred, but i used to commute from LI to atlantic terminal pretty regularly and it is really simple to transfer at jamaica.....most times you literally just have to walk across the platform and there is a train waiting or there in under 5 minutes....no biggie

i don't know the answer to your question, but thought that should alleviate some doubt you and other people may have

Thanks my friend...very much appreciated

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Am I better off just going to Ronkonkoma train station or would there be enough service from say Patchogue to Jamacia?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Anyone ever sit in Sec 112/121?

My seats are in 121. Personally I think they're the best value going. You have a full view of the ice, you are close but have enough elevation that you have a good perspective.

They are roughly equivalent to the back of the 200s/front of the 300s at the Coliseum.

I was a little concerned when I bought them as I hadn't sat in the actual seat that I was buying (when I visited, I bounced around), but I checked them out at the blue/white game and they were great. I didn't make a preseason game but my wife took our kids and they confirmed they were really good.

Also a bonus - right next to a bathroom. Also right by the Dean St. entrance which is great as well.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Does anyone know what seats give you access to the Honda Club? Is it any "Ice Pass" ticket or solely Ice Pass Tix in Sections 15-17.

Anyone have any experience/luck with obtaining a Club pass for an individual game as sweetner to upgrade?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Am I better off just going to Ronkonkoma train station or would there be enough service from say Patchogue to Jamacia?

Patchogue probably requires a transfer at Babylon and then perhaps another at Jamaica to get to Atlantic Terminal.

Most certainly for the ride home.

Ronkonkoma station is probably just a xfer at Jamaica.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Restaurant where Isles have their pregame meal -- Broccolinos on Dean St, right next to arena.

BroadwayJay*

how do you know that ya stalker?

Stalker? He's been hiding in the backseat of Matt Martin's car surviving off sweat drippings off his hockey bag for less than two weeks.

He who is without sin...

davmann

May 8, 2013
Torrevieja
Hey guys!

I'm a Swedish isles fan who's looking at a trip in February and am planning to go to 4 home games during my stay.

My question is this: my dad recently moved to NY and I will be staying with him. The thing is he lives a bit north of the city (in Dobbs Ferry) so I'll be commuting to the games. Since it will be my first trip to NY I have no idea about how long it takes, what routes to take or if it's even possible to go back there after a game ends at 9:30 PM?

I wouldn't mind getting a hotel room for one night after one of the games if there's something happening amongst the fans after the game but I won't pay for 4 hotel nights when I have somewhere to live for free.

LGI!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hey guys!

I'm a Swedish isles fan who's looking at a trip in February and am planning to go to 4 home games during my stay.

My question is this: my dad recently moved to NY and I will be staying with him. The thing is he lives a bit north of the city (in Dobbs Ferry) so I'll be commuting to the games. Since it will be my first trip to NY I have no idea about how long it takes, what routes to take or if it's even possible to go back there after a game ends at 9:30 PM?

I wouldn't mind getting a hotel room for one night after one of the games if there's something happening amongst the fans after the game but I won't pay for 4 hotel nights when I have somewhere to live for free.

LGI!

Dobbs Ferry has a Metro North station that will get you to Grand Central (where you can take the 4-5 subway right to Barclays). It's the Hudson Line and will probably take 40-50 minutes tops. Last train back is at 1:30am IIRC so you should be set there.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Dobbs Ferry has a Metro North station that will get you to Grand Central (where you can take the 4-5 subway right to Barclays). It's the Hudson Line and will probably take 40-50 minutes tops. Last train back is at 1:30am IIRC so you should be set there.

....and figure 30 minutes from Barclays to Grand Central so you should be able to get on a 10:15pm train to Dobbs Ferry, or thereabouts.

If you have the means and the inclination, you should definitely consider getting a hotel and spending a night in Brooklyn though. Depending on your interests, there is a ton of stuff to do.

davmann

May 8, 2013
Torrevieja

Oh I didn't realize it was that easy. Awesome, I'll make sure to get my plane tickets ASAP then.

....and figure 30 minutes from Barclays to Grand Central so you should be able to get on a 10:15pm train to Dobbs Ferry, or thereabouts.

If you have the means and the inclination, you should definitely consider getting a hotel and spending a night in Brooklyn though. Depending on your interests, there is a ton of stuff to do.

I'm gonna think about this. The thing is that in the 2 week span I'm planning on going we don't play a single friday or saturday night game. I'd love to hang around if there are any Isles fans doing something after a game but since we won't play on a weekend I don't know if there'll be anything going on.

Oh and one more question:

Regarding tickets, I'm guessing I'm better off waiting a while and buying tickets closer to the games or will they be at their cheapest right now?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Oh I didn't realize it was that easy. Awesome, I'll make sure to get my plane tickets ASAP then.

I'm gonna think about this. The thing is that in the 2 week span I'm planning on going we don't play a single friday or saturday night game. I'd love to hang around if there are any Isles fans doing something after a game but since we won't play on a weekend I don't know if there'll be anything going on.

Oh and one more question:

Regarding tickets, I'm guessing I'm better off waiting a while and buying tickets closer to the games or will they be at their cheapest right now?

Wait. February may be a different animal but tickets in general (for everything not just Islanders) are cheapest on the day of game/event. As long as you don't need a one specific section, hold off and buy them as the game approaches.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
btw i thought there was a no-smoking policy at the venue, but i smelt cigarettes walking through the lower level last night and asked an usher standing by the door if there are smokers around? they said that a lot of them smoke in the stairwells since they cant go outside :laugh:

I couldn't believe a venue employee would allow that and openly give away information on something that shouldn't be happening! It made me think of the NVMC and the trashy things that were tolerated inside (or just outside) the building :laugh:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
btw i thought there was a no-smoking policy at the venue, but i smelt cigarettes walking through the lower level last night and asked an usher standing by the door if there are smokers around? they said that a lot of them smoke in the stairwells since they cant go outside :laugh:

I couldn't believe a venue employee would allow that and openly give away information on something that shouldn't be happening! It made me think of the NVMC and the trashy things that were tolerated inside (or just outside) the building :laugh:

That's horrible!

(which stairway was it?)

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
NYR fan but went to Isles last night as I wanted to check out a game in Brooklyn and my kid wanted to see Johnny Gaudreau (he's had better games lol).

Just wanted to pass along that the Dean Street entrance to Barclays is the best way to get in and out quickly. If you're coming from Manhattan take the 2 or 3 train and get off one stop past Barclays at Bergen St. Walk one block back down Flatbush Ave. and right on to Dean St. Entrance is somewhat hidden behind scaffolding which probably explains why we seemed to be the only people using it.

Obviously not as close to LIRR but I know for Nets games that the main entrance is a total **** show close to game time. Easy enough to walk up Flatbush and it puts you inside at the no-obstructed views end of the building.

It's also a lot easier to get in and out of Bergen St station than the larger Atlantic Ave/Barclays station.

2 train was 16 minutes from Penn btw.

cheers.

Last edited:

davmann

May 8, 2013
Torrevieja
Wait. February may be a different animal but tickets in general (for everything not just Islanders) are cheapest on the day of game/event. As long as you don't need a one specific section, hold off and buy them as the game approaches.

Sounds great. I'll hold off on getting tickets then.

See you guys in February!

NJTIXX

Mar 3, 2011
Doors Open?

Does anyone know what time the doors open for the Islanders Games? I've been to Nets and it's 90 minutes but I haven't found anything regarding tomorrow's game. I was going to use to AMEX entrance didn't know if that lets you in earlier.

Thanks...

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
Does anyone know what time the doors open for the Islanders Games? I've been to Nets and it's 90 minutes but I haven't found anything regarding tomorrow's game. I was going to use to AMEX entrance didn't know if that lets you in earlier.

Thanks...

The 7 pm games doors open at 6pm, the 1 pm game opened at noon, but I think the 730 games also open at 6. Don't hold me to the last one, although I feel relatively confident

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Is it just me or am I the only one who's not feeling the organ this year?? I love Paul Cartier, but I think it just reminds me way too much of nvmc. Who knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad