Post-Game Talk: Nashville @ San Jose - Game 5: The Big Game Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I come in peace. Don't let a few annoying sharks fans let you think we're all like that. Like every fanbase, most of the annoying ones are the ones that complain and moan and post like crazy, while us rational don't engage in that.

That all said, if we lose, I'm rooting for you guys.

Here's to hockey, and my eventual trip to Nashville!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
As an outsider who didn't watch many Preds games this year, what would you Preds fans say is the Preds biggest need?

What would you have liked to see the add?

A third pair upgrade over Jackman. Bitetto has been surprisingly adequate on that pair, but Jackman at this point should be a 7th defender. He can still play, but probably shouldn't be an every night guy.

Another legitimate 2nd line center. Ribeiro has done nice things in his time with the Preds, but he's really gone down hill. I believe the team has the wingers in the top-6 and RyJo gives us the top center we've always needed. I think we need a talented young kid with some jump to center the second line. Maybe Forsberg slides over at some point, but then the answer changes to another scoring winger.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
I come in peace. Don't let a few annoying sharks fans let you think we're all like that. Like every fanbase, most of the annoying ones are the ones that complain and moan and post like crazy, while us rational don't engage in that.

That all said, if we lose, I'm rooting for you guys.

Here's to hockey, and my eventual trip to Nashville!

I'm all for moaning, I just think it should be relegated to the home board!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
In the fist period they said something to the effect of Sharks have won the face off battle in all the games so far except for games three and four that were slanted in nashville's favor.

Um. What?

I heard that too. My wife pointed out that the comment made no sense.

Yogi Berra speak.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
A third pair upgrade over Jackman. Bitetto has been surprisingly adequate on that pair, but Jackman at this point should be a 7th defender. He can still play, but probably shouldn't be an every night guy.

Another legitimate 2nd line center. Ribeiro has done nice things in his time with the Preds, but he's really gone down hill. I believe the team has the wingers in the top-6 and RyJo gives us the top center we've always needed. I think we need a talented young kid with some jump to center the second line. Maybe Forsberg slides over at some point, but then the answer changes to another scoring winger.

All of this, and a drastically different bottom six. We just didn't get any depth scoring this year. We need some of the young guys to step up or something.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Fisher has been much better than Ribs in these playoffs IMHO.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Whatever happens the next game (or two) the Preds got further than I thought they would. I thought they would be one and done. Really hope the Preds can pull off a win in Game 6 and Game 7 but doesn't look good especially with the way they played in this game. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Hoping they can prove me wrong. If we are going to win we really need our younger/other lines to step up. The Fisher line can't do it all on their own.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Preds are making the Sharks look like they have 6 or 7 skaters out there, especially in the neutral zone. Better passes guys! Don't just chip the puck out.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Whatever happens the next game (or two) the Preds got further than I thought they would. I thought they would be one and done. Really hope the Preds can pull off a win in Game 6 and Game 7 but doesn't look good especially with the way they played in this game. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Hoping they can prove me wrong.

Yeah im not mad, I originally thought we'd lose round one in 5 games.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
When we are losing there is one thing that gives me comfort. I watch these sharks and just know that they aren't gong much farther. This is not a Stanley cup winning team.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, they are gonna come up short again with this same core group.

If we have to get eliminated, I would much prefer it be to the eventual champions.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The only good about this game is that we really didn't play well in this game at all. I'm expecting a better effort next game cause it's basically do or die.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
No doubt, but over the course of an 82 game season Fisher is a 3rd liner at this point in his career. And he's only got another season left probably if his contract is any indication, it's been a couple years since he said he was only going to play another couple of years.

Than the Preds really do need a #2 center and a #3 to replace Fisher.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Agreed. I don't think it's over yet though. My guess is we win game 6 and lose in 7, but it's far from over.

I've been having flashbacks to 2004 vs the Red Wings... Play okay and lose the first two, then come home and win some entertaining games before the Wings kicked it up a notch and really controlled 5 and 6 for the series win.

Hope i'm really wrong and we get another game 7!

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Well, what can you say? This was bitterly disappointing, no doubt about it. But if you want to be honest about it its not all that unexpected. History shows, for whatever reason, teams winning marathon OT games almost always lose the next game.

This game is pretty similar to game 3, so we have had 3 tight games, and 2 that were not (although admittedly this one was even more of a blowout than ours in game 3).

Just have to suck it up and win game 6 and roll the dice in another game 7. We are in the exact same position we were in against Anaheim....

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The Blues will feast on this sharks team. I can't even believe that I'm saying that but I just feel like its the truth.

I think the Sharks are better than Dallas and would beat them. I do think the Blues are the team to beat, but I don't think it will be easy for them at all. Sharks are capable of beating them, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad