Post-Game Talk: Nashville @ San Jose - Game 5: The Big Game Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Polak is a turd for his massive attempted hit on Salomaki in the last minute.

Good for Jackman! Somebody needs to police the garbage by some Sharks.

The refs sure didn't do it tonight with the lack of crosschecking calls.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Regroup for game 6. We did it against the ducks we are capable. Give it everything you got on Monday and win or lose I'll be proud of them.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Arvidsson should be benched??? Whoa- I don't agree with that at all.

Bottom six has been completely ineffective. What is their role? He had a few good energy shifts last game but has anything that the third line done contributed to a win? Scoring? Turning momentum with a big hit? Etc?

When you look at the playoffs as a whole thus season, first one has been average, second line has been good, third line has been mostly invisible, fourth line has been what you would expect from a limited fourth line,

Just my opinion, it's how I see it, also, I haven't been a fan of him all season and he hasn't won me over this post season.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Arvidsson should be benched??? Whoa- I don't agree with that at all.

I agree too. Arvidsson hasn't score but has played his butt off and cause all kinds of issues for the Sharks by causing turn overs and just playing hard/taking bodies and playing good defensively, etc. Only problem I had w/ him was he was falling so much and seems to get knocked over easily, which causes him to lose the puck. I would take him over Ribiero at this point though.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
I agree too. Arvidsson hasn't score but has played his butt off and cause all kinds of issues for the Sharks by causing turn overs and just playing hard/taking bodies etc. Only probably I had w/ him was he was falling so much and seems to get knocked over easily. I would take him over Ribiero at this point.

Seriously though, that isn't saying much. We would take a traffic cone over Ribeiro at this point.

You

Jul 1, 2010
He should be benched/limited but we don't have anyone that would be an upgrade, or probably even a lateral move.

BowmanChapel

Jan 24, 2016
NBC play-by-play guy's delivery drove me crazy. I counted at least 6 times he started a sentence or begin to make a point, then stop and never finish.

Herky-jerky. Start and stop. Also known as "Broadcastus Interruptus."

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
NBC play-by-play guy's delivery drove me crazy. I counted at least 6 times he started a sentence or begin to make a point, then stop and never finish.

Herky-jerky. Start and stop. Also known as "Broadcastus Interruptus."

He was poor all game. He NEEDS a rest.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Bottom six has been completely ineffective. What is their role? He had a few good energy shifts last game but has anything that the third line done contributed to a win? Scoring? Turning momentum with a big hit? Etc?

When you look at the playoffs as a whole thus season, first one has been average, second line has been good, third line has been mostly invisible, fourth line has been what you would expect from a limited fourth line,

Just my opinion, it's how I see it, also, I haven't been a fan of him all season and he hasn't won me over this post season.

Our lines were more balanced with Fisher/Wilson on the 3rd line but Ribero decided to not show up so Lavy moved Fish and Wilson up with Neal and if he didn't we would have been shaking hands tonight. It made the 3rd line ineffective but we had to get some scoring.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It's hard to say because nobody really showed up tonight but dang man, you really thought you would see some fire or extra effort from Ribs. Not more of the same that got him benched.

Arvy brings speed, which is a desperate need. Unfortunately he also loses every board battle. Lavy needs to find a use for the one while mitigating the latter. I want to see Watson, Fiala or even Kamenev on Monday. Need fresh legs and nothing to lose.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
This team is tired. Just tired. The only team without a built in day off. They have had the most games in the tightest window of days, and they have doubled the travel of EVERY team in the league, and tripled/quadrupled or more most of the other teams. The Preds aren't practicing right now, they are recovering.

Gear up for game 6. The stars and veterans on this team are going to have to will them to victory. It starts with Rinne. It ends with Weber, Fisher, and Neal.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I agree too. Arvidsson hasn't score but has played his butt off and cause all kinds of issues for the Sharks by causing turn overs and just playing hard/taking bodies and playing good defensively, etc. Only problem I had w/ him was he was falling so much and seems to get knocked over easily, which causes him to lose the puck. I would take him over Ribiero at this point though.

Exactly correct- he is always causing havoc out there, and he came within inches of having the game winning goal in OT Thursday. When I watch him out there I always say to myself "I would hate him if he was playing against us".

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This team is tired. Just tired. The only team without a built in day off. They have had the most games in the tightest window of days, and they have doubled the travel of EVERY team in the league, and tripled/quadrupled or more most of the other teams. The Preds aren't practicing right now, they are recovering.

Gear up for game 6. The stars and veterans on this team are going to have to will them to victory. It starts with Rinne. It ends with Weber, Fisher, and Neal.

Could not agree more, and to me, this is an angle that is going completely under the radar for just about everyone. I don't think even our own fans realize just how much this team has been through in the past 23 or so days.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I will give Ribiero credit. He did help us in the regular season to get to the playoffs. My problem is now that it's at a higher level for the playoffs, Ribiero hasn't played to that level and I just don't see the intensity or urgency from him that I see from our other players minus this game though as everybody for the most part (except a couple players) came out flat and playing poorly in this game.

Last edited:

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Could not agree more, and to me, this is an angle that is going completely under the radar for just about everyone. I don't think even our own fans realize just how much this team has been through in the past 23 or so days.
I know just being involved from the stands or t.v. has about worn me out completely; I can't even begin to know how spent the guys must be, especially the veterans. ALL of us have to bring it Monday, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad