Post-Game Talk: Nashville @ San Jose - Game 5: The Big Game Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I disagree. He has had ideal matchups and deployment. He has been very good, but he has made plenty of mistakes. He has clearly evolved his game this year and in the playoffs, developing into a legitimate #2-#3 defenseman. That said, he is still definitely behind Weber/Josi.

This maybe more that I have been rather critical of Josi/Weber all playoffs so them playing not to their calibre has likely caused me to heap more praise onto both Ekholm/Ellis.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Nobody take this the wrong way because overall I'm still happy with the trade but I can kinda see why Columbus got really frustrated with Johansen.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Nobody take this the wrong way because overall I'm still happy with the trade but I can kinda see why Columbus got really frustrated with Johansen.

He's in his pass only mode which, quite frankly, sucks. He's slowing down to a crawl whenever he hits the blueline when he has the puck. He's playing an east/west game in the offensive zone right now. He's too predictable when he plays this way. He has a great shot which he hardly ever uses enough. He needs to adopt the Jamie Benn model (pass/shoot about equally) of play all of the time instead of leaning toward the Adam Oates model (shoot only as a last resort).

The NHL should adopt the 2-3-2 format-at least in series where the teams are 1500 or more miles apart. There's no reason to add 10 hours of travel time in 3 days when games are this important.

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
He's in his pass only mode which, quite frankly, sucks. He's slowing down to a crawl whenever he hits the blueline when he has the puck. He's playing an east/west game in the offensive zone right now. He's too predictable when he plays this way. He has a great shot which he hardly ever uses enough. He needs to adopt the Jamie Benn model (pass/shoot about equally) of play all of the time instead of leaning toward the Adam Oates model (shoot only as a last resort).

The NHL should adopt the 2-3-2 format-at least in series where the teams are 1500 or more miles apart. There's no reason to add 10 hours of travel time in 3 days when games are this important.

I'd be in favor of every series being 2-3-2 tbh. I just like the format better.
Kinda sad the NBA changed it.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I think his legs are dead like most of the forwards. I am not worried. He is learning new linemates on the fly this post-season, and everything is just a bit off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad