Nashville Predators Ticket Thread

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I am shocked more STHs haven’t raised absolute hell over it. It will come back around though. They have slowly pivoted away from taking care of the loyal fans.

they can do that but i see it coming to an end soon. it’s gonna take a portion of STHs to say enough of this shit. Season tickets are an investment and this will probably be the year where they start to become a bad investment ($$$ wise).

You've got that right. I definitely don't buy a full season to make money but I also know I'm not going to make every game for a variety of reasons. The past few years have been great in terms of unloading tickets we can't use and I'm one of those who is really just trying to get my money back and not make money from them. May have more trouble with that this season though inflation could help I guess.

Anyway, another the other obvious BS part of this announcement/policy is that supposedly by turning them in for the Preds to sell you are doing your part to keep the arena "Gold". But I haven't yet figured out how them selling it directly via Ticketmaster makes that any more certain than a STH selling it via resale on Ticketmaster. I guess they just think we're dumb. Or they're really just referencing "gold" like pirate treasure or a dragon's hoard.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Another disadvantage is there are a lot of people that split their tickets with other people. It's better than a 1/2 season plan where you don't get to pick and choice your games. How do you transfer to these games to the other person for these games?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Another disadvantage is there are a lot of people that split their tickets with other people. It's better than a 1/2 season plan where you don't get to pick and choice your games. How do you transfer to these games to the other person for these games?

The true account owner who "owns" the tickets would have to share their account info. Just like if you want to give away any of these tickets to a friend the only way to do it is by sharing your account information.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The Preds were one of the first but other teams followed suit. Once they started the digital tickets they realized there's more money to be had by limiting transfers.
it’s a business. i get it but don’t take advantage of the ones that kept you afloat.

look at Seattle kraken tickets. All taken up by re-sellers. The people that enjoy the game the most are the ones negatively affected by these policies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Are we one of the few teams that do this or is it a league wide (sports wide?) thing?
I mean, I guess if you KNOW there are 17,000 die-hard radical fans salivating for tickets and able to put their life aside and not be missing any games and not caring about re-selling... then, I guess you want those 17,000 nutcases in the building for "atmosphere". :dunno:

Seems a bit of a risky gamble still, here. There are certainly many people who want to be STHs, as evidenced on our forum here... but that's under the operating paradigm that they do have lives and can't make EVERY game and would like to be able to transfer unused tickets. Do the Preds really want to push those fans out trying to chase an even more ravenous horde? Seems like a very dicey business plan to me. :dunno:

People might say something on a questionnaire or phone poll, but in real life when thousands of $$$ are on the line... hope they aren't misreading the room here.

Reactions: LCPreds

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
With the dramatic price increases and all of these new restrictive policies, I would love to know what the renewal rate has been going into this season. And also, once all the dust settles, how many season ticket holders do the Preds have when compared to the Cup Final/President's trophy period. I will be absolutely shocked if it is not a HUGE drop. It would be one thing if this were the Cup final "honeymoon" time period and we were a leading Cup contender. But heading into what will possibly be the least competitive 2-3 year period the Preds have had in probably 15 years?? Yikes at the timing on that.

Despite being in Birmingham, 3 hours away, we have been full season ticket holders for the past several years, knowing that we won't be able to make even half of the 41 regular season home games.

But this year our season ticket holder status is going to end for a variety of reasons. But even if we had no other issues, the inability to do anything with all of those so called 'Gold' games except turn them back in to the Preds would be an absolute deal breaker.

It is all very disappointing and I do think the Preds are absolutely misreading the room, to reference an earlier comment in this thread.

I still wonder about those Gold games though- since the tickets cannot be resold or even transferred, does that mean there will be NO resale market whatsoever on the best games on the schedule this season?? Unless we change our mind on season tickets, this will be the first time in a long time we will be buying tickets on a game by game basis, so no resale market for weekend games will be a HUGE problem for us, since those are basically the only games we can go to being 3 hours away.......

Uggghhh at the whole situation....

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
You probably will be able to get tickets fairly easily for most games. There is the ticket exchange after all. I am keeping my FST because I can afford it and I need the social interaction games provide. I do appreciate that I am now in the minority. I do hope folks let the FO know about their displeasure.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You probably will be able to get tickets fairly easily for most games. There is the ticket exchange after all. I am keeping my FST because I can afford it and I need the social interaction games provide. I do appreciate that I am now in the minority. I do hope folks let the FO know about their displeasure.

But regarding the ticket exchange- all of those weekend "Gold" games- how are they gonna be on the ticket exchange if STH are not allowed to sell or transfer??

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
But regarding the ticket exchange- all of those weekend "Gold" games- how are they gonna be on the ticket exchange if STH are not allowed to sell or transfer??

They won’t be. Preds will be selling them all direct. They’ve gotta be the ones to make the money off the tourists.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Before they started getting so strict about reselling I had a conversation with someone who had paid their entire season's worth of tickets with resales to Chicago and one other team, I THINK it was the Blues but maybe it was Red Wings. I can't remember now if it was when we played them 3 or 4 times at home, but still, 6-8 games paid for the 34 or 36 games left to attend. But he did sell to the enemy team and you remember how that got sometimes. He wasn't the only one doing this and the Preds 1) wanted in on that and 2) were hearing about the mass enemy influx from fans! When they drown out your own anthem and take over the arena it ruins the experience for especially casual home fans who absolutely did not pay top dollar to go to a game at United Center, they paid for Bridgestone (or whatever it was then). So I'm of mixed mind. Should you be able to sell or transfer your ticket to anyone? Yes, but I don't particularly like the consequences sometimes.

I also remember in the old days we could buy a set number of tickets for whatever the STH rate would be at that level. So if I sat in the rafters but was a FSTH I could buy a lower bowl ticket for whatever the FSTH price would be in that section. Those were the days. My sister and I would always get tickets for our immediate family, usually Red Wings, for a Christmas game. Can't afford to do that now, even for rafters! Now all they do is give you the ability to buy tickets at Box Office rates before they go on sale to the public. She bought two tickets for a game back before Covid and they were more than we'd spent together for the 6 extras we got in the early days!

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Yeah, the perks have really dropped off. I used to buy a couple of seats in the old 10-game flex pack. That turned into buying one FST in the nosebleeds because I could buy individual tickets to the games I really wanted to go to and come out within $50 of the cost of the flex packs, plus get the FST rate on playoff games so ended up saving money. And that eventually turned into one good FST seat, then two great FST seats, and now two FST seats up in the 300 sections because prices went so nuts after the Finals run. I was down in the lower bowl for that run; moved up to the 300s the following season when the prices jumped. I do miss the slightly better leg room.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I definitely remember the old Blackhawks situation and the reason for "Keep the Red Out". I'm not going to lie and say I never sold Blackhawks games. To be quite honest it was extremely profitable and it kept me away from that environment. Yes that was probably 2 more red jerseys in the crowd but by then it was already so full of red 2 more didn't matter. There was a point where those weekend games against Chicago always turned into a minor league hockey environment where I knew there would be at least one fan fight in the stands and I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. Especially when I could make a huge dent in the overall ticket package price.

That was the genesis for this situation. But now I think it's driven by greed on the part of the organization and isn't really about keeping those unruly Maple Leaf, Capitols, Canadiens, and Flyers fans out of the building. Hate to say it but they will get a wake up call if the team doesn't perform and folks decide to bail. It's too late to keep the customer once they've already left and tell you why on the exit survey.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
But now I think it's driven by greed on the part of the organization and isn't really about keeping those unruly Maple Leaf, Capitols, Canadiens, and Flyers fans out of the building. Hate to say it but they will get a wake up call if the team doesn't perform and folks decide to bail. It's too late to keep the customer once they've already left and tell you why on the exit survey.

Absolutely no doubt about this- it 100000% is not about keeping opposing fans out of the building anymore. It has been a pretty long time since that has been a problem...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I used to have my season tickets in 104 but I bought a 10 pack in the rafters so the kids could bring friends. I used those for playoff tickets and declined those in 104. Figured it out and if we made the 3rd round the savings off the price for lower bowl playoff tix would have paid for the extra ticket package. We didn't but it was still a pretty good deal.

cwlanders

Jun 7, 2021
Finally decided to take the plunge into 2 FST's a few months ago. Getting that email about the "Gold Games" as some of the first official communication from the team was definitely a bummer. I will say there is a decent overlap with Gold games and games I plan on going to since I bought the tickets to see the best games, not make the most money back. However, I guess i'm going to be limited to selling to friends and family that i'm comfortable giving account access to or trading a Saturday blackhawks game for a Thursday Sabres game and helping the team make a bunch of money.

Reactions: Adz

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Somebody may have mentioned it, but I think you should be able to credit your account for the Gold games that you can't attend? Of course, you can't re-sell the Gold games for a profit now but at least you should be able to break even and use the money for a future game or season.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Somebody may have mentioned it, but I think you should be able to credit your account for the Gold games that you can't attend? Of course, you can't re-sell the Gold games for a profit now but at least you should be able to break even and use the money for a future game or season.
I agree. That gives the Preds your tickets for resale at box office and you don't get stiffed (any more than what you paid, anyway) for a game you can't attend. And if, for some reason, the tickets aren't selling you might even get a premium. Maybe they designated the wrong game to be gold. ;-)

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

That’s a good trade off if allowed. It did not say that in the email I received about the gold games but they don’t always share everything there.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Did anyone else happen to pay in full? I'm trying to see if I missed any further communication on these two benefits:

• 10 seat upgrade nights (ability to upgrade your season ticket location to the next available seating level; 10 seat upgrade nights per account)
  • Six bonus tickets (complimentary tickets to select Preds games; six bonus tickets per account) --- This one might have been on the monthly pay option as well.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I was able to turn my Kraken ticket into an extra for the Montreal game, (a certain Habs fan is going attend :naughty:). I turned in my Carolina ticket into an extra for another game. I doubt the Preds will be able to sell mine because it is a single ticket. So you can “flip” the Gold games with the Preds.

Reactions: Adz

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Did anyone else happen to pay in full? I'm trying to see if I missed any further communication on these two benefits:

• 10 seat upgrade nights (ability to upgrade your season ticket location to the next available seating level; 10 seat upgrade nights per account)
  • Six bonus tickets (complimentary tickets to select Preds games; six bonus tickets per account) --- This one might have been on the monthly pay option as well.

I reckon they'd send us emails with dates and info but I haven't seen any yet. Don't forget about the plain RR sweater also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad