Nashville Predators Hockey Talk 2023-2024 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Always fun to update this:

Since the 5-10 start, now 38-15-4 in last 57 games. That is a points pace of 115, which is President’s Trophy level stuff (NYR lead the league right now and are on a 114 point pace)

Now 20-4-3 in last 27 road games

In the 16-0-2 streak, have a goal differential of +41 (74 GF/33GA)

4.11 GF/G 1.83 GA/G

Have scored 4+ goals in 13 of the 18 games in the streak and allowed 2 or fewer in 14 of the 18

Now #12 in the league in offense (3.25 G/G) and #10 in defense (2.92 GA/G)

Lastly, we have finally started to get our home play going- before the streak were 14-15-0 at home. Since? 7-0-1 in last 8 home games. 36 goals scored/15 goals allowed

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
One more note that I found interesting- since we started the season 5-10-0, even if you take out the 16-0-2 streak, we are still playing at a 97 point pace (22-15-2)

So for me that is encouraging and a pretty clear sign that this team is a legit team and not just on a temporary hot streak. Since mid November we have been an elite team in every metric- and that is not a small sample size

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Ok stick with me for some bdub math (patent pending):

If R(racoon) is equal to Trash Panda

then

C(coyote) is equal to Dumpster Dogs

Solve for Frosties.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Ended as ugly as it started. The big question is what they do now. Lots of times teams hit the struggle bus after a run like that.
My guess is revert to the mean rather than extended losing or winning streak. We generally have played good hockey for a while now but a streak like that requires some luck also- other team missing top players, catching a team on the second night of a b-to-b, backup
goalie, blown challenge by the other team. I’m not knocking the streak at all. The basis was great play. I expect solid play as we ramp back up to the playoffs.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Schedule doesn’t let up for the next few games either. I think this is a great test for this team heading into the playoffs though so may actually be a blessing in disguise to have the streak end.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The worst players last night where the top players. Josi Forsberg Nyquist O'Reilly Saros all with bad games, McDonagh had a some bad spots but wound up even on the night because of good play. Barrie and Schenn abused and exposed. The PP might have gotten a couple of goals to extend point/goal streaks but that can't excuse -3 Josi, -4 Forsberg, -4 O'Reilly, -5 Nyquist.

The highlight of the night...Cody Glass at +1.🤪

Evangelista, Novak and Jankowski looked consistently dangerous again last night.

I'm amazed the Chris Mason actually admitted during the broadcast that Saros wasn't good and would want a few of those goals back.

Hopefully, they look at some video to see what went wrong then move on to the next game. The team is really missing Fabbro and Carrier on the backend, need to get them back but if they aren't ready I'd put Del Gaizo in for Barrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad