Nashville Predators Hockey Talk 2023-2024 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Last post from previous thread:

We still cannot hold a two goal lead.

Gave up three against a team missing its top scoring defenseman / PP QB. Luckily Forsberg found a way to take over for a few shifts and get the puck past their backup goalie while Oettinger is out.

We are getting a struggling Ducks team next. ... but at Bridgestone where the Preds are struggling. Time to see which version shows up; Jekyll or Hyde.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I highly doubt Trotz is going to find the team another Ryan O’Reilly but can he find another Gus Nyquist at the TDL or this coming offseason?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
When your starting goalie is in you should be able to win most nights with 3 goals. When your back up is in you might plan on scoring 4 goals to win. It didn't surprise me a bit to see that the final score was 4-3.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
When your starting goalie is in you should be able to win most nights with 3 goals. When your back up is in you might plan on scoring 4 goals to win. It didn't surprise me a bit to see that the final score was 4-3.

With Lanks in the need is 4+ to win. He hasn't held the opposition to 2 or less since the game against the Hawks in mid November. He's given up 18 goals in his last five starts with his BEST being three goals allowed in that span.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Saros
GAA 3.01
SV% .901

Lankinen
GAA 3.14
SV% .901

Saros has had a real rough patch here with 4 games giving up 5 goals against that he has to battle past. Lankinen is sitting around his career normal numbers.

Last edited:

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I highly doubt Trotz is going to find the team another Ryan O’Reilly but can he find another Gus Nyquist at the TDL or this coming offseason?
We can see what or how FF9 can play with a true #1C. Shame it has taken this long to get one, sort of at the end of his career. Need one of the young kids to follow or find the next one if the Preds want to move up tiers!

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Reinhart could be a possibility… has familiarity with Brunette
If reinhart more wing or center?

Really want a strong 1/2 down the center. RoR is 32 and playing like 1C. After that we got Novak, who produces at a 2C rate (injury lost him some points). Would like a solid longterm upgrade here if possible. Someone that can slide up when RORs contract expires. Sissons is a good 3C and 4Cs grow on trees.

Longterm svechkov slides into 3C when breaking in, sissons down to 4C. New 2C slides up to 1C when ROR expires or loses a step. Svechkov slides up if he earns it. Glass in the mix as well if he regains his game/confidence.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I think he can play both but has been playing with Barkov on his wing

This is what I would do this off season:

- Trade for Kuzmenko: Fabbro, Trenin?? Whatever it takes

- Offer Reinhart his ask (we have the cap space)

- Trade Saros for some prospects and a 2025 1st (which would give us 3)

Forsberg-ROR-Nyquist
Kuzmenko -Reinhart-Novak
Tomasino-Parsinnen-Evangelista
Smith-Sissons-Afanasyev

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The last scratch kicked off a scoring spree for Trenin so lets hope that happens again. Hopefully Glass can finally get going this season. I've always been a big apologist for the kid but if he can't get it going soon it's hard to know what do with him.

Trenin/Sherwood are quickly finding themselves out of runway in nashville. Theyre pending UFAs and in and out of the lineup. Trotz is gonna have to make the choice to extend or cut bait at some point.

Big sexy is producing at the same rate as Trenin and brings alot of the same intangibles. If putting some Glass between Big Sexy and Tomasino works out, Trenin may find himself on the trade block.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Solid write up on the Preds defensive concerns...

Reactions: predhead1

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Not a bad read.

I actually wouldn't mind trading Schenn and Barrie for sure, along with Lauzon and either Carrier or Fabbro and bring up the youngsters, Livingstone and Stastney for sure. Whatever I did, I'd make room for those 2 nightly. I don't know they'll be better than any of the ones listed to trade but they're as good now with a ceiling to be better.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
Not a bad read.

I actually wouldn't mind trading Schenn and Barrie for sure, along with Lauzon and either Carrier or Fabbro and bring up the youngsters, Livingstone and Stastney for sure. Whatever I did, I'd make room for those 2 nightly. I don't know they'll be better than any of the ones listed to trade but they're as good now with a ceiling to be better.
you are still left with Josi doing some increasingly slow crazy move at, and turning the puck over at the blue line time after time that always results in a goal at least 2 times a game that no one ever talks about ! i swear whenever the other team scores I see 59 out there , he always gets a pass . I mean would it hurt this guy to lift every now and then this guy is skin and bones. getin slower I might add. Lauzon is startin to look like a French Scott Stevens some nights ! While the other guys are tip toen through the tulips. So while were throwing out the Flowers , lets keep our guns.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Solid write up on the Preds defensive concerns...

Our defense is a pretty underwhelming mishmash. We dont have a strong RHD so our best pairing tends to be McD Josi. Josi Fabbro isnt half bad though. Perhaps we dont go with that because that then sends McD down to a pairing with Schenn who is a third pairing thumper.

I dont know what Trotz has in mind but i suppose it has to start with what does Brunette want as his top pairing McD-Josi or Josi-Fabbro. If Fabbro isnt part of the top pairing, trade him. If he is, trade Lauzon. Barrie gets traded either way. Schenn is stuck either way. Dont think anyone is taking that contract from us but doesnt mean he has to be an every game type of player.

End the year with:

McD-Josi
Lauzon-Carrier
Stastney-Schenn
Or
Josi-Fabbro
McD-Carrier
Stastney-Schenn

The 2nd option is my preference personally but less likely because Lauzon is a more mobile speedy version if schenn and we can use that physicality. Look for an upgrade on carrier in free agency either way or see if molendyk impresses at camp again give him an extended tryout. If you kept fabbro and traded lauzon you could try something like

McD-Josi
Stastney-Fabbro
Molendyk-Schenn

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I say move whoever you can and bring the kids up, they aren't any worse.

That said if we are still in it at the deadline it's a moot point anyways.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Our defense is a pretty underwhelming mishmash. We dont have a strong RHD so our best pairing tends to be McD Josi. Josi Fabbro isnt half bad though. Perhaps we dont go with that because that then sends McD down to a pairing with Schenn who is a third pairing thumper.

I dont know what Trotz has in mind but i suppose it has to start with what does Brunette want as his top pairing McD-Josi or Josi-Fabbro. If Fabbro isnt part of the top pairing, trade him. If he is, trade Lauzon. Barrie gets traded either way. Schenn is stuck either way. Dont think anyone is taking that contract from us but doesnt mean he has to be an every game type of player.

End the year with:

McD-Josi
Lauzon-Carrier
Stastney-Schenn
Or
Josi-Fabbro
McD-Carrier
Stastney-Schenn

The 2nd option is my preference personally but less likely because Lauzon is a more mobile speedy version if schenn and we can use that physicality. Look for an upgrade on carrier in free agency either way or see if molendyk impresses at camp again give him an extended tryout. If you kept fabbro and traded lauzon you could try something like

McD-Josi
Stastney-Fabbro
Molendyk-Schenn
The org seems to have a big league hards on for Lauzon so i doubt he gets moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad