Nashville Predators Hockey Talk 2023-2024 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Taken individually last nights game was just a tough loss to a good team but as part of a three game losing streak it is definitely concerning. A three game losing streak in the playoffs means you’re most likely on your way out. Tomorrow nights game is going to be a huge test. Lose it and all of a sudden our playoff spot looks pretty precarious. A win over St. Louis kicked off the point streak so let’s hope we can get a win and get rolling again.

Reactions: herzausstein

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
WRT Fabbro

I think he is just drawing the short straw right now. For some reason, Brunette seems to like Schenn. Since start of Feb., he only has about 14 mins of even strength TOI per game (2nd lowest on the team for defense), he has the 2nd highest even strength goals against (0.66 GA/game). Fabbro is at 0.41 GA/game. I guess, Brunette prefers the intangibles Schenn brings (size, grit, etc.) Or he just really wants to keep McD Josi paired together which then puts Fabbro kindof into no mans land... though honestly Stastney Fabbro might be a solid 3rd pairing.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I have no desire to see Vancouver, we just have never matched up well against them.

I want no part of Vancouver or Edmonton, they will pick us apart like they usually do. Colorado we have played well this season, and if McD doesnt get booted tonight im sure they couldve won this one too.
was lurking around and saw this.

you guys have nothing to worry about vsing us lol. we’ve lost our killer instinct since the all star break and 30th in the league for PP since then and destined for an early exit. You guys are much better built than us.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
WRT Fabbro

I think he is just drawing the short straw right now. For some reason, Brunette seems to like Schenn. Since start of Feb., he only has about 14 mins of even strength TOI per game (2nd lowest on the team for defense), he has the 2nd highest even strength goals against (0.66 GA/game). Fabbro is at 0.41 GA/game. I guess, Brunette prefers the intangibles Schenn brings (size, grit, etc.) Or he just really wants to keep McD Josi paired together which then puts Fabbro kindof into no mans land... though honestly Stastney Fabbro might be a solid 3rd pairing.
McD-Josi is a good pairing for sure but I just don't get why we gave up on Josi-Fabbro. While Fabbro's numbers aren't impressive there is abundant evidence that Josi plays as well as he ever does with him and that alone is super valuable. It also frees McDonagh up to go to another pair strengthening our D depth. I get Fabbro didn't have the best game against the Avs, but its just weird how little leeway he seems to get.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
McD-Josi is a good pairing for sure but I just don't get why we gave up on Josi-Fabbro. While Fabbro's numbers aren't impressive there is abundant evidence that Josi plays as well as he ever does with him and that alone is super valuable. It also frees McDonagh up to go to another pair strengthening our D depth. I get Fabbro didn't have the best game against the Avs, but its just weird how little leeway he seems to get.
That is something Brunette would have to speak to. Even when Fabbro is in the lineup, he is only getting 14 or so even strength minutes (less than Schenn). No matter what we think of Fabbro - Brunette doesnt seem to see him as much better than Schenn.

Starting in feb:
He has the 2nd least amount of TOI/game (total) of any of the dmen that have played for us since February and that includes Del Gaizo and Stastney. Del Gaizo in his 4 games averaged 16:35 a game. Stastney has averaged 17:04 a game. Fabbro is at 15:55 in the 9 games prior to injury. He just edges out schenn who has 15:39. So two callups from Milwaukee were immediately given as much even strength time and more pk time per game than fabbro.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
IMG_1530.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PredsV82

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Pretty important game tonight against the Blues:

Both teams at 75 games played (7 games left) we have a 6 point lead in the standings. A win in regulation tonight would expand that to 8 points.

STL last games are against SJS, ANA, CHI, CAR, SEA, and DAL. 3 bottom feeders, 1 out of the playoffs, 2 near the top and DAL will probably be resting players so they have a rather chill schedule. We face NYI, NJD, WPG, CHI, CBJ, PIT. 2 bottom feeders, 3 battling for the last wild card (NYI, NJD, PIT) and a top 10. I expect this is going to be alot of competitive games. We beat STL in regulation tonight and we really just gotta take the bottom feeders and then nab a loser point somewhere to secure a playoff birth (or STL loses a point anywhere). Either way a win tonight in regulation sets the pace.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Pretty important game tonight against the Blues:

Both teams at 75 games played (7 games left) we have a 6 point lead in the standings. A win in regulation tonight would expand that to 8 points.

STL last games are against SJS, ANA, CHI, CAR, SEA, and DAL. 3 bottom feeders, 1 out of the playoffs, 2 near the top and DAL will probably be resting players so they have a rather chill schedule. We face NYI, NJD, WPG, CHI, CBJ, PIT. 2 bottom feeders, 3 battling for the last wild card (NYI, NJD, PIT) and a top 10. I expect this is going to be alot of competitive games. We beat STL in regulation tonight and we really just gotta take the bottom feeders and then nab a loser point somewhere to secure a playoff birth (or STL loses a point anywhere). Either way a win tonight in regulation sets the pace.
We still control our own destiny either way but would be really nice to turn around our losing streak by burying the team that is surging behind us to try and take out playoff spot.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
6 games left, Preds need 4 pts; (or a combo pf STL whoopsies and Preds pts). The schedule is mostly east and the Preds could play spoiler for a lot of East teams.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
The three game losing streak included losses to two teams competing for the Presidents' Trophy and we're still 7-3-0 in the last 10 ... above the team's average for the season to date.
The problem is we're about to have to playoff series against a team that is competing for the President's Trophy

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If the playoffs started today:

Dallas/LAK
Colorado/Winnipeg

Vancouver/Nashville
Edmonton/Vegas

I don't know if I am in the minority here, but sign me up for that- I will take it right now. Hope this holds up for us. I know Vancouver and Edmonton have both pretty much dominated us, but we are going to have a very tough matchup regardless.

But Vancouver is a young team with not much playoff success/experience and they have not been great lately. Much rather face them than Avs/Stars

And this allows us to completely avoid Dallas/Colorado until Conference final

I'll take these matchups right now- we will likely have to stay ahead of LA for WC1 for it to stick.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
If the playoffs started today:

Dallas/LAK
Colorado/Winnipeg

Vancouver/Nashville
Edmonton/Vegas

I don't know if I am in the minority here, but sign me up for that- I will take it right now. Hope this holds up for us. I know Vancouver and Edmonton have both pretty much dominated us, but we are going to have a very tough matchup regardless.

But Vancouver is a young team with not much playoff success/experience and they have not been great lately. Much rather face them than Avs/Stars

And this allows us to completely avoid Dallas/Colorado until Conference final

I'll take these matchups right now- we will likely have to stay ahead of LA for WC1 for it to stick.
Yeah Vancouver is pretty obviously the matchup we should want. That doesn't mean it will be easy series but it's far preferable to having to face Dallas. We did get dominated by Vancouver in our matchups this season but we also haven't played them since December and the first two games were in October. We're a pretty different team at this point so I don't read too much into that. Potential second round matchups are kind of a wash in my eyes too. Edmonton does own us but they also always seem to collapse in the playoffs.

Reactions: drwpreds and weeze

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I have no faith in selecting a "preferred" match up.
Remember the time we essentially lost a game on purpose so we would draw the Hawks in round 1? (Not talking about 2017, I think it was 2010)

We will have to play like we did during the point streak to win. Do that, and we beat anybody. Don't, and we won't beat anybody, no matter who.

All other things being equal the West coast series would suck for viewing and I still remember how gassed the Preds were in 2016 after back to back series against the Ducks and Sharks

This is one season I really am just happy to be here

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The problem is we're about to have to playoff series against a team that is competing for the President's Trophy

This is a bubble team …. has been for months. It’s an underdog against any of the potential first round opponents. We get Dallas, Colorado, or Vancouver depending how things shake out between them.

Secure a position … rest Forsberg for a couple of games, then take advantage of the 5 days between our game 82 and the potential start of the playoffs … and roll in as healthy as possible.

Reactions: PredsV82

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I have no faith in selecting a "preferred" match up.
Remember the time we essentially lost a game on purpose so we would draw the Hawks in round 1? (Not talking about 2017, I think it was 2010)

We will have to play like we did during the point streak to win. Do that, and we beat anybody. Don't, and we won't beat anybody, no matter who.

All other things being equal the West coast series would suck for viewing and I still remember how gassed the Preds were in 2016 after back to back series against the Ducks and Sharks

This is one season I really am just happy to be here
100%

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
This is a bubble team …. has been for months. It’s an underdog against any of the potential first round opponents. We get Dallas, Colorado, or Vancouver depending how things shake out between them.

Secure a position … rest Forsberg for a couple of games, then take advantage of the 5 days between our game 82 and the potential start of the playoffs … and roll in as healthy as possible.
Yeah we're a bubble team but I also think the expectation should be to win in the playoffs and that will take beating a very good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad