Nashville Predators Hockey Talk 2023-2024 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Fun little graph. Can you guess which line is the Preds?

Screenshot-2024-03-26-at-12.51.31%E2%80%AFAM.png

Like a damn rocket!

Reactions: bdub24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Forsberg looking likely to break the single season goal record. 14g-12a in his last 15 games which is just insane. 4th most points in the league over that span. He’s playing like a true superstar right now. Insane that this team is playing arguably the best stretch of hockey in its history now too. Never been more happy to have my takes be proven horribly wrong.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
"bRuNo/tRoTz dOnT kNoW hOw To MaNaGe"

"jOsI iS a BaD lEaDeR"
And I still don't think Josi should be captain, I don't give a dang how many points he scores. I've had that opinion long before this season.

ROR is the guy that should be wearing the C imo.

I also don't get hung up on people's previous thoughts. At the time most were saying that Trotz was talking about selling just about anything that wasn't tied down.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Forsberg looking likely to break the single season goal record. 14g-12a in his last 15 games which is just insane. 4th most points in the league over that span. He’s playing like a true superstar right now. Insane that this team is playing arguably the best stretch of hockey in its history right now. Never been more happy to have my takes be proven horribly wrong.
Well some of mine have yet to be seen. No one in that 1st round is going to be easy and if we walk in and get swept peoples view on this run will be shaded a bit differently than it is now.

I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show. I expect us to fizzle out before it's all said and done but if it doesn't then we'll great!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I came across this on YouTube about the recent stretch and the system the Preds use.

After watching that video, it occurred to me that Poile breaking his rule on no trade clauses was a god send. Josi and FF probably would have brought back a very good return of picks and prospects back in February when the team was clueless and looking to sell. Without those clauses Trotz would have been tempted to shop those 2 for a huge return.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I keep hearing chatter about Josi for the heart trophy. I’d argue that O’Reilly is the one player on the team that has made the biggest impact. He’s the one that has changed the complexion of this organization. His work ethic and play style has had the greatest impact on everyone else on this roster.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I keep hearing chatter about Josi for the heart trophy. I’d argue that O’Reilly is the one player on the team that has made the biggest impact. He’s the one that has changed the complexion of this organization. His work ethic and play style has had the greatest impact on everyone else on this roster.
Something stuck out to me in Josi’s interview after last night's game. He said in the past that the team might have just given up after the three goal deficit but this team didn't/doesn't. Moving out Johansen, Duchene and realigning Josi’s mindset toward team play is why this team is different. That credit goes to three people as far as I'm concerned, Trotz, Brunette, and O'Reilly.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
With ROR I just look at the game lastnight. He scores the second goal and everything on his face, and who knows he may have said it, was let's go get this thing.

Reactions: bdub24

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'm not really a big believer of a trap game, but if you subscribe to that line of thinking this one tonight certainly checks all the boxes after the big one Tuesday night and before a couple heavy hitters on Saturday/starting the week next week.

Reactions: bdub24 and PredsV82

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Something that was a little lost on me until last night. McDonagh is playing some ridiculous hockey right now as well. He's chipping in some significant offensive production and has turned into a rock for whatever line he's playing on this last stretch. He's got 14 points since the Dallas blowout which is half of his total point production on the season.

Not to respond to my own post, but interesting graph that just came across twitter:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad