Nashville Predators Hockey Talk 2023-2024 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Beauvillier is fast and chaotic, but I have not seen much past that. He seems like a decent forechecker with his speed, so maybe he's a better option to play as a scratch/rotation on the energy line if they ever have an injury to one of the wingers. I think Zucker has adjusted much better and still has some surprising wheels on him.

I would prefer to see Glass in for Beau at this point, but I would be mildly surprised to see any lineup changes until we drop a game.
Purely on P/G, Glass is sitting at 1 point every 3.6 games for us. Beauvillier is at 1 point every 6 games. While that's cherry picking a stat, small sample size, etc., it's not necessarily wrong to think Glass would be an upgrade. o_O

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Purely on P/G, Glass is sitting at 1 point every 3.6 games for us. Beauvillier is at 1 point every 6 games. While that's cherry picking a stat, small sample size, etc., it's not necessarily wrong to think Glass would be an upgrade. o_O
Glass hasnt been great on the defensive end of things either. Im not sure one is an upgrade over the other either way tbh. It took quite a while for Glass to contribute on the scoresheet. His 1st point was game 9, 2nd was game 14, and 3rd point was game 23 for him this season. Then there is the team worst goal differential. The recent hattrick shouldnt erase the entire season of lackluster play

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
This season's squad has remained healthy compared to last season's where we lost Josi, Duchene, Johansen, and Forsberg. We have Josi and Forsberg getting their points without necessarily out there chasing points which they were accused of here during their record years. Then, and arguably most importantly, we have a team that is holding itself accountable since the debacle coming out of the all star break. It wasn't just Trotz and Bruno grounding the team ... it was the voices of RoR and McD that stood out in their internal critique and assessment of the team's play.

All of those combine for a team that is finally separating itself from last season's edition in the standings.

Reactions: Softball99

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The April 9th matchup vs Jets at home may end up being for all the marbles (3rd in div)

And to that, I don't care.

First 20 games of the season: "This team sucks! Blow it up!"

Halfway point: "I can't believe I forgot rule #1, first 20 games don't count! WTF did this team come from?"

Trade deadline: "So....anyone know a good recipe for crow? Central, not scared of. Pacific, that worries me."

Now: "The magic number is 13. And the Preds are looking at the playoff teams like my fat ass is looking at a buffet. Bring it."

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The April 9th matchup vs Jets at home may end up being for all the marbles (3rd in div)
Maybe but to pass them requires taking six more points than they do in the span of 11 games ... with Vegas, Colorado and Boston all coming up in our next four.

There are no good seeding options. WC means VAN, COL, or DAL depending how things shake out over the next few weeks. Eeek into #3 and its COL or DAL. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: PredsV82

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Maybe but to pass them requires taking six more points than they do in the span of 11 games ... with Vegas, Colorado and Boston all coming up in our next four.

There are no good seeding options. WC means VAN, COL, or DAL depending how things shake out over the next few weeks. Eeek into #3 and its COL or DAL. Enjoy the ride.
Enjoy the ride indeed.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Have to say that of the 3 new players the team brought in this year, Schenn was the one I did not like the most. He looked slow and out of place. During this run I have to say that he has impressed me with his play. Not flashy but steady, grinding, decent defense. The overall team defense has drastically improved during this run. were not just outscoring teams we are keeping them from scoring as well. The schedule will be brutal down the stretch with these next 8 games in particular: Vegas, AZ, Avs, Bruins, Blues, NYI, Devils and Jets. What are we hoping/wishing for winning during this stretch? 4-4 or 5-3? Would love to go 5-3 or better.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Have to say that of the 3 new players the team brought in this year, Schenn was the one I did not like the most. He looked slow and out of place. During this run I have to say that he has impressed me with his play. Not flashy but steady, grinding, decent defense. The overall team defense has drastically improved during this run. were not just outscoring teams we are keeping them from scoring as well. The schedule will be brutal down the stretch with these next 8 games in particular: Vegas, AZ, Avs, Bruins, Blues, NYI, Devils and Jets. What are we hoping/wishing for winning during this stretch? 4-4 or 5-3? Would love to go 5-3 or better.
8-0 with an overtime win against the blues.

• Wow
Reactions: weeze

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I think it was the Florida game where the announcers said we’ll love Schenn’s game once the playoffs start. I don’t disagree with this.

Reactions: Southstarpreds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad