Rumor: Nash Submits No Trade List

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Zucc is going to be more expensive than Nash on their next deals.

At least with Nash, there is a role for a bottom 6 player even as he continues to age further. I don't see that with Zucc. Once it really starts to slip, its going to get ugly for him.

I'm not sure about either of those points.

I think Zucc has more ability to produce points going forward and will be able to do so even from a 3rd line should he find himself there.

As far as next contract, really I think it's too soon to know what either will get.

If I had to choose a player (not that I really want to see either of them re-signed) for the Rangers to have going forward, I'd pick Zucc.

Reactions: Loff

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Nash_GoalsPer60_5x5_last_7seasons.JPG

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Nash is the one forward who can strap his line on his back and drag them kicking and screaming to a goal on the team, cares a lot, and seems to really want to be here.

some of the attitudes to him are kinda pathetic

3yrs/9M total is a pipe dream though. fossilized Patrick Marleau got what 2/13 last year

Ok. I’ve been extra hard on Rick Nash for punking out in 2014, but why the hell would you think this.?

The whole Rick Nash thing has been weird. Time to move on.

Last edited:

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I don't see the "St. Louis" effect hitting Zucc. He's slippery, and not only that, he plays smart. Rarely if ever do you see him put himself in a position to be taken advantage of, regardless of his speed.

I could see him being a very effective player till he hangs up his skates. Not only that, I could see him as one of the "elder statesmen" we keep around to help guide the over-all mindset of this team going forward. Skill and tenacity. He never quits. He's lead this team in points for what, the fourth season in a row up to this point? The kid exemplifies how we should play here. Not only that, but how many times did he defer contracts to allow this team to sign other players?

I'm sorry, but this kid should be here till the end.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm honestly ready to move on from both Nash and Zuc. It's closer to 2020 than 2012 or 2014. Nash has about three years left as a shutdown 3rd liner who will also PK, PP, and get some top line time at various points in the season. Think of what Tzachuk did in Atlanta and St. Louis second stint.

Zuc is a very good player on a balanced squad but as the games get tighter and he becomes more of a main focus, he loses time and space. He's just too streaky for me and I honestly don't think he has another gear. He may have a few more 60 point seasons only if he plays the sidekick to a very physical superstar, but his limits have been reached.

People have to realize this team was very good for most of this decade but the only series they won in under 6 games was 2015 vs. Pittsburgh. It's time to get an angrier team this time around that maybe doesn't all go out to eat together, but will show up on the ice and go for the jugular.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Most of those guys actually produce on the powerplay as well.
I'm honestly ready to move on from both Nash and Zuc. It's closer to 2020 than 2012 or 2014. Nash has about three years left as a shutdown 3rd liner who will also PK, PP, and get some top line time at various points in the season. Think of what Tzachuk did in Atlanta and St. Louis second stint.

Zuc is a very good player on a balanced squad but as the games get tighter and he becomes more of a main focus, he loses time and space. He's just too streaky for me and I honestly don't think he has another gear. He may have a few more 60 point seasons only if he plays the sidekick to a very physical superstar, but his limits have been reached.

People have to realize this team was very good for most of this decade but the only series they won in under 6 games was 2015 vs. Pittsburgh. It's time to get an angrier team this time around that maybe doesn't all go out to eat together, but will show up on the ice and go for the jugular.
Nash epitomizes the lack of killer instinct on this team. We need more delinquents and less choir boys.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Having followed this team for years, and the recent record not completely withstanding, I remained to be convinced we would actually sell at this deadline. Hank's interview and now this, though, seems like it's bringing it all home rather.

Suppose there is a difference between Nash and Grabs going, to McD and Zucc being shipped out as well.

Things starting to happen, though. And one thing is for sure, it's a big couple of weeks to come for us until the deadline, and potentially more moves at the draft.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

Totally agree. I think a bid physical team like Anaheim could potentially create some space for Zuccarello to flourish but he’s not their type.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Most of those guys actually produce on the powerplay as well.

Nash epitomizes the lack of killer instinct on this team. We need more delinquents and less choir boys.

The strangest thing about Nash's tenure is how he's departed from the norm when it comes to big name acquisitions here in NY. In all the time I've been a fan, those types have either been loved or hated by the fanbase. Nash has been an outlier - the reaction to his time with the Rangers is "meh." The fact that he solicits no emotion is a problem.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't see the "St. Louis" effect hitting Zucc. He's slippery, and not only that, he plays smart. Rarely if ever do you see him put himself in a position to be taken advantage of, regardless of his speed.

I could see him being a very effective player till he hangs up his skates. Not only that, I could see him as one of the "elder statesmen" we keep around to help guide the over-all mindset of this team going forward. Skill and tenacity. He never quits. He's lead this team in points for what, the fourth season in a row up to this point? The kid exemplifies how we should play here. Not only that, but how many times did he defer contracts to allow this team to sign other players?

I'm sorry, but this kid should be here till the end.

You mean the St Louis who was still an elite player up until age 38?

A player who is able to do that is incredibly rare, let alone a short undrafted player. Theres a reason he is going to the hall of fame.

The problem for Zucc is that he is already showing signs of decline. Im sure some people will point to the roster, but the roster has nothing to do with his quickness not being there or for the first time ever, getting mauled along the boards.

He should have been moved over the summer and if he hasn't been moved by this summer, JG has f***ed up.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Zucc is going to be more expensive than Nash on their next deals.

At least with Nash, there is a role for a bottom 6 player even as he continues to age further. I don't see that with Zucc. Once it really starts to slip, its going to get ugly for him.

Zucc is the product of the team actually functioning. The team is not functioning. Who is he going to click with? AV won't even play a line togehter for more than 2 f***ing games.

With injuries, this entire season is a big mess.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The strangest thing about Nash's tenure is how he's departed from the norm when it comes to big name acquisitions here in NY. In all the time I've been a fan, those types have either been loved or hated by the fanbase. Nash has been an outlier - the reaction to his time with the Rangers is "meh." The fact that he solicits no emotion is a problem.
Counterpoint:
Oh cry me a ****ing river. You’re one of the highest paid athletes in a league where every single player, with less than 1% exception, changes teams multiple times in their career, most while earning less than you, many while playing better than you. It’s not like you won anything here or have some sort of legacy with the team. This isn’t a Bourque leaving Boston or Leetch leaving NYR scenario.

Reactions: lucky13 and Krams

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
My favorite player of all-time, reason I became a Ranger fan. He was the first pick in the first NHL draft I ever watched when I was 6, became a Jackets fan right away and once he got traded to NY I became a Rangers fan. I’ve formed such an emotional connection to the Rangers now and I couldn’t ever see myself cheering for another team. So I hope he wins the cup wherever he goes, glad I still have something to root for come playoff time, and the excitement of making trades and getting some good young prospects. So I guess it’s a win/win. Going to be sad to see him go :(

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
My favorite player of all-time, reason I became a Ranger fan. He was the first pick in the first NHL draft I ever watched when I was 6, became a Jackets fan right away and once he got traded to NY I became a Rangers fan. I’ve formed such an emotional connection to the Rangers now and I couldn’t ever see myself cheering for another team. So I hope he wins the cup wherever he goes, glad I still have something to root for come playoff time, and the excitement of making trades and getting some good young prospects. So I guess it’s a win/win. Going to be sad to see him go :(

At least you admit it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Neat, I like hearing stories like this.

Can I ask what's the attachment to JovoCop? Just a guy you liked?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Nash is probably a much more attractive piece than Kane. He might not be scoring as much as he used to, but he's a versatile player who can play in all situations. Not to mention you run less of a risk of upsetting the locker room.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Feels like I’m in the minority when I say I like Nash. He’s a good guy and has been hardworking as of late. Injuries have hurt him and so has his lack of hockey IQ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad