Rumor: Nash Submits No Trade List

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I'll be sad to see him go. Didn't live up to the contract, but rarely do big-ticket guys. I know the lack of production in the Cup run was a killer, but even then, he was active, playing hard, just couldn't make it happen. That was a precursor of what was to come, of what he is now--a guy who can still create some amazing chances for himself but just can't bury them.

As the third or fourth option somewhere, I'm sure he'll do well for himself. Hopefully we get a nice return.
I think that run in 13-14 was so supremely unlucky it was insane. Say what you will about choking/not getting the job done(not you 2k2 specifically, but in general), 3 goals on 83 shots is so unlikely, especially for a scorer of Nash's caliber. Just wasn't meant to be I guess.
He was a beast though his first 3 seasons here, especially the lockout season, some of the most electrifying/dominant performances I can remember outside of Jagr.

Reactions: egelband

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Nash is the one forward who can strap his line on his back and drag them kicking and screaming to a goal on the team, cares a lot, and seems to really want to be here.

some of the attitudes to him are kinda pathetic

3yrs/9M total is a pipe dream though. fossilized Patrick Marleau got what 2/13 last year

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
From that twitter quote from Nash it sounds as if he's already out the door here. I wonder if it'll be announced before game time tonight.

:popcorn:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
They'll probably hold onto him until closer to the deadline for salary purposes, depending on the team

Unless the team trading for him doesn't care and wants him ASAP

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nash is the one forward who can strap his line on his back and drag them kicking and screaming to a goal on the team, cares a lot, and seems to really want to be here.

some of the attitudes to him are kinda pathetic

3yrs/9M total is a pipe dream though. fossilized Patrick Marleau got what 2/13 last year

There are some difference between Nash and Marleau. Nash scored 36, 38 and who knows this year (30-something) in the three years prior to free agency. This is largely due to injury, which is of some concern with him. Marleau scored 57, 48 and 46 points the three years before he hit UFA, while playing 82, 82 and (yup) 82 games. Marleau was substantially better, an iron man, and has generally been a good playoff performer. The only thing in Nash's corner is that he's younger and still plays a good 200-foot game. Maybe 3Y/$9M is wishful thinking but I don't think he gets Marleau money.

From that twitter quote from Nash it sounds as if he's already out the door here. I wonder if it'll be announced before game time tonight.

:popcorn:

Hard to see him getting moved the night that he submits his list, but yeah, it definitely seems to now be a matter of when and not if.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If I am rebuilding or retooling w/e the f*** you want to label it, Nash is absolutely one of the best Vets to have around young players. The guy is great in all 3 zones, has won Olympic gold, been to the SCF and is an all around great guy. If he will come back to NY for a pay cut, that's a no brainer, I don't understand why people think it would be a bad idea other than they're not even thinking about it beyond his name. The team clearly won't be trying to win next season so even if you think Nashe suks omg get out loser, then he still makes sense because he'll make the team worse and help them get a higher draft lottery spot.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the rumor prophecy I like is Nichushkin (as a component),
reunite Nash w Coach Hitch
Stars would be beasts adding Nash to Benn, Seguin, Radulov, Spezza

saw Nich live in Dallas in his rookie year, impressive talent overall, but especially for a guy 6'4"

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
the rumor prophecy I like is Nichushkin (as a component),
reunite Nash w Coach Hitch
Stars would be beasts adding Nash to Benn, Seguin, Radulov, Spezza

saw Nich live in Dallas in his rookie year, impressive talent overall, but especially for a guy 6'4"
IDK if I'd want to build a deal around a guy who you don't know when or if he'll come back to NA.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I ain't going to lie--his time with the Rangers has been disappointing to me. We needed more goals and more clutch play from him. Apart from that the rest of his game was usually pretty damned good.

You make the big $'s--then you need to deliver to the expectations that come with making the big $'s. That's especially true since the cap came into effect.

The remark about him being a jerk is just nonsense. I get it if you don't like him because he didn't produce how you expected. I just don't want to get into the personalities of people I've never actually met. If anything though Nash struck me as too laid back and we really needed a forward front, line and center who would strike terror into opposition defenses and we didn't see it often enough and IMO it helps a lot when your leading offensive player has a lot of personality. Goal scorers are in some respect like singers or lead guitarists in bands--they're cockier than shit. When they're meeting expectations the rest of team falls into place and take the roles that they need to. I read a lot of remarks about AV too. Fire him if you need to.......but it's not like he's sinned against anybody or that he needs to be punished. You fire him because the door has closed under his mentorship and you'll need a new guy to help reopen the door. That's why you fire AV and that's why you trade Nash--to move on from a place you don't want to be to a place that you do. Personal vendetta remarks are just dumb.

That said--do I hope Rick Nash wins a cup with his new team? I don't hate him but not really.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If I am rebuilding or retooling w/e the **** you want to label it, Nash is absolutely one of the best Vets to have around young players. The guy is great in all 3 zones, has won Olympic gold, been to the SCF and is an all around great guy. If he will come back to NY for a pay cut, that's a no brainer, I don't understand why people think it would be a bad idea other than they're not even thinking about it beyond his name. The team clearly won't be trying to win next season so even if you think Nashe suks omg get out loser, then he still makes sense because he'll make the team worse and help them get a higher draft lottery spot.

Actually I don't think you really do. A Rick Nash coming back to the Rangers is saying I'll help out your youngsters and that's fine but it also says I don't care about winning a Cup because going forward the next couple, three, four years the Rangers are not going to be seriously contending for a Cup. He doesn't have that much career left and if he wants to retire a champion he's going to have to piggyback on a second, third line on a real contender. If I was him that's exactly what I would try to do.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If I am rebuilding or retooling w/e the **** you want to label it, Nash is absolutely one of the best Vets to have around young players. The guy is great in all 3 zones, has won Olympic gold, been to the SCF and is an all around great guy. If he will come back to NY for a pay cut, that's a no brainer, I don't understand why people think it would be a bad idea other than they're not even thinking about it beyond his name. The team clearly won't be trying to win next season so even if you think Nashe suks omg get out loser, then he still makes sense because he'll make the team worse and help them get a higher draft lottery spot.
I don't think bringing him back as a third liner for a pay cut is a bad idea, but some of the ideas I've seen for a "pay cut" for him are still way too much for what he brings today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad