Rumor: Nash Submits No Trade List

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
GTFO seems a little harsh to me and I wasn’t really a fan of his.

I always felt he tried... loved being a ranger and sounded like a good teammate.

He’s breaking down and isn’t the same player... the one we needed him to be.

Thanks for your time here Rick and ur effort.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I actually think Nash will do well. If he is not being asked to be the go to scorer and ends up playing against lesser competition, I could certainly see him having a really good playoffs. To me it's sort of similar to Gaborik, the Kings had other players on or above his level, he could do his thing without facing the other teams best defenders consistently.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I actually think Nash will do well. If he is not being asked to be the go to scorer and ends up playing against lesser competition, I could certainly see him having a really good playoffs. To me it's sort of similar to Gaborik, the Kings had other players on or above his level, he could do his thing without facing the other teams best defenders consistently.

Nash is going to fill the Tomas Sandstrom for Detroit roll. He's a monster 3rd liner who can play against the opposition and move up in case of injuries.

Reactions: egelband

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
There is no reason to have ill will against Rick. He's been a disappointment overall but the effort has always been there and his attitude has been great.

Some fans are so annoying

Great summation of my feelings on the subject.

Nash has never been worth his cap hit (with us), but the man always gives max effort. I can honestly say that I've never seen such a talented player convert so little on so many chances. So yeah, Nash is a very frustrating player to watch, but that doesn't mean I wish him any ill in the future.

And regarding his no trade list, I would expect him to have left quite a few Metro teams off of it. Getting traded to a close team geographically helps his family situation. I doubt he crafted his list to spite the team. It just depends on if he prioritized winning, or geographic proximity, or something else. Either way, we'll find a taker if the deal is right. I haven't lost faith in Gorton yet.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
What're the odds Nash resigns 7/1 with us? I find it highly likely he signs a 3yr/3m deal and would be glorified.

Eh, I think he'll shop around. It'd be nice if he wanted to come back so much he'd take a discount, but hey we don't even know if the Rangers would like him to come back.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'll be sad to see him go. Didn't live up to the contract, but rarely do big-ticket guys. I know the lack of production in the Cup run was a killer, but even then, he was active, playing hard, just couldn't make it happen. That was a precursor of what was to come, of what he is now--a guy who can still create some amazing chances for himself but just can't bury them.

As the third or fourth option somewhere, I'm sure he'll do well for himself. Hopefully we get a nice return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad