Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Name of your sex tape
466C32BC-2440-4206-B9D7-0728B146FE7F.jpeg

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Ovi is a whole other kettle of fish, considering his Putin fanboy status.

I don't deny I had some initial bad vibes, but I'm fine with a Russian in theory, especially given his history. I do think this trade is pointless though, and whenever someone says "make a trade for the sake of making a trade" this will come to mind.

If the 20 team NMC is accurate, then Chevy was probably just so excited to trade for someone like that he figured he had to make the deal, lol.
In regards to the 20 team NTC, I believe I read somewhere that when a player is traded the new GM can choose not to honour that NTC so if this is true it’s entirely possible the Sharks chose not to honour that and therefore he had no choice in the matter. That said, maybe he figured why not if Sharks are going nowhere.

Kinda strange that a player of this caliber would get that much trade protection.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Just watching clips it’s apparent that he handles the puck much better than Kuhlman. Wonder what he’s like in shootouts?

I know it's tinkering round the edges, but I'd really like to see KK sent down or sit once Name arrives.

Yo-yo Harkins might add some speed and puck pursuit but don't see SakMan sitting no matter how many blown plays or boneheaded penalties.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't know what this Namestikov will be like ? haven't seen him play, but I sure do think they should be giving Axel ( AJF) a lot more ice time. He had 2 points against the Oilers, always hustles, great speed, has a good wrist shot, and is starting to score. He will easily outscore guys like Lowry, Kuhlman, and and Saku -- " so leave him in."

His shot is underrated, he just needs to build confidence.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just watching clips it’s apparent that he handles the puck much better than Kuhlman. Wonder what he’s like in shootouts?
Names is a much better player than KK, and most of our bottom 6. The board was disappointed when we got him, but he is actually a pretty big upgrade on what we have been running in the bottom 6. He is a former 1st round draft pick, same draft class as Scheifele with over 600 NHL games.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just jumping back to TB's motivation for trading Names for Mikey. The $500,000 cap space they gained even by retaining 1/2 of Names salary over Mikey's league minimum is all the wiggle room they have under the cap. As of today they have $507,467 space under the cap. This is barely enough to deal with roster adjustments due to injuries, also looks like they may have a $82,500 performance bonus to cover. Sometimes teams knowingly trade better players for worse players for cap reasons, and this looks like one of those situations. SJ obviously didn't need Names so makes sense flipping him for a 4th. Bottom line Jets got a relatively cheap upgrade in the bottom 6.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Names is a much better player than KK, and most of our bottom 6. The board was disappointed when we got him, but he is actually a pretty big upgrade on what we have been running in the bottom 6. He is a former 1st round draft pick, same draft class as Scheifele with over 600 NHL games.
Not me. I said he’s scored 16 and 17 goals 2 of the last 4 years. He’s not the all in deal we wanted but it doesn’t mean he’s not better than anyone else we had in our bottom six. He can play middle six too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad