Confirmed with Link: Namestnikov to winnipeg

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Just a filler I hope. More to come.
On a side note, Namestnikov had a 20 team NTC.

It appears not EVERY player has the Jets on their list.

Attachments

• 913FBE04-A355-461A-B9DA-F93FB63267CA.png
    913FBE04-A355-461A-B9DA-F93FB63267CA.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 4

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So he was already retained at 50% when traded to San Jose right? So his cap hit is only 1.25m (if no retention by San Jose to us).

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Literally a move just to say you did something. Does nothing to make us a better team let alone any type of edge against the West playoff teams. Half in half out Chevy

Reactions: Fairview and hn777

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This trade is the epitome of meh. It at least pushes some bullshit down, but the asset management is funny. Imagine spending draft capital to acquire the guy that was traded for the guy that you waived months ago.
Except to trade Mickey for him back when he was waived we'd have had to take on his salary for more than 1/2 the season.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh good, a defensive winger who doesn't score - exactly what the Jets need.

I guess he replaces Kuhlman/Maenalainen but this is just depressing.

Reactions: hn777

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
The Eyssimont trade was done in order for the Lightning to gain cap space. Basically, Eyssimont had no value in the trade.

Namestnikov will play on the 3rd line with Lowry and, I'm assuming, Barron.

Namestnikov also had a 12 team no movement clause, so I'm wondering if that played into these two transactions.

Reactions: KingBogo
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Been Jets fan for 11 years living in Europe
Just my short response: I don’t want any russians on my team. Don’t want to see him in the Jets jersey.

I think I’ll pass all the games with him on the bench.

As a Ukrainian I’d just say, I’m not against all russians. It’s just I don’t like cowards. This vlad has been silent as a grave about his country waging war and committing genocide in Ukraine.
No respect. Nothing to say about his skills, it doesn’t matter to me atm.
Namestnikov not your typical Russian. He’s lived in North America since he was 8 months old. One of the reasons I was in on him during his draft year was his being fully acclimated to North America. Were a team to have lots of Russian prospects, an ideal teammate for them.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
In 11 years of drafting from rounds 4 to 7, only two players were notable (Copp and Hellebuyck).

Sorry, but draft picks in these later rounds are extremely low value… nothing to stress about.
take helle off this team the last 6 seasons and the jets would have been one of the worst teams in the league .
Jets turned Copp into Lambert who is the top prospect for the organization

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
This is literally my least favorite deal in Jets 2.0 history. Hypocritical. I don't want here from Chevy and how they value draft picks. Wasted a pick on a waiver caliber player.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Chevy is the king of “ slight upgrades “

This doesn’t make any sense . He’s barely better then what we have .

It’s like chevy is scared to actually win a cup

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Thanks for your post. As a Canadian of Ukrainian descent, I too have issues with "silent" Russians in the NHL. I tried to bring up Ovechkin and his views months ago and got a slap on the wrist from a mod, a one day suspension and a bit of probation. Hopefully your post and mine remain "in view".
Ovi is a whole other kettle of fish, considering his Putin fanboy status.

I don't deny I had some initial bad vibes, but I'm fine with a Russian in theory, especially given his history. I do think this trade is pointless though, and whenever someone says "make a trade for the sake of making a trade" this will come to mind.

If the 20 team NMC is accurate, then Chevy was probably just so excited to trade for someone like that he figured he had to make the deal, lol.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad