Confirmed with Link: Namestnikov to winnipeg

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm very impressed with this Namestikov, he's very fast, and plays with intensity, and goes to the net. I also believe he scores 15 - 20 goals a year, so this a big upgrade on our bottom six. Also Nino Neitereitter is a good add as well.

In all of this "no" valuable draft picks were given up by Chevy. We did well.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Jets 7 points up on the Flames games all even, up 6 points on the Predators and Nashville has 3 games in hand. Big win tonight for the Jets. Next up San Jose. Calgary goes to Dallas, and Nashville goes to Vancouver.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I wasn't to sure what Namestnikov was going to bring to the team on his first game but he knows what to away from the puck, skates in a straight line to where he wants to go and seems like a good reliable player. Upgrade to the bottom 6 which makes the team better when PLD and Perfetti come back.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Solid game from Biebs

1678022947581.png

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I wasn't to sure what Namestnikov was going to bring to the team on his first game but he knows what to away from the puck, skates in a straight line to where he wants to go and seems like a good reliable player. Upgrade to the bottom 6 which makes the team better when PLD and Perfetti come back.

Good analysis.

He certainly seemed to play within the system right from the puck drop and seemed always to be in the right place at the right time -- which in this team at this point in the season about as good as it gets for a small TDL add.

I would call his play "efficient." And that's not faint praise.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Agreed and i think he might even be able to move up into the top 6 if needed and it wouldn't hurt us.

Reactions: Dale53130 and GNP

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Not me. I said he’s scored 16 and 17 goals 2 of the last 4 years. He’s not the all in deal we wanted but it doesn’t mean he’s not better than anyone else we had in our bottom six. He can play middle six too.
You are spot on. What I wonder is what if he’s a potential all-purpose Swiss-Army knife that we could really use on lines 3 and 4, but when needed, there for us in a top-line role when asked. He seems like he has the energy to click. Maybe his past teams’ usage of him got him in a mindset to just stay on lines that didn’t exploit his energy and skill-sets. Those were my eye-tests on him over the years.
Now he’s been tested with a whole smorgasbord of other players.
Perhaps he’s just a frog that hasn’t been kissed. (Noted: interview with “Our lady of the Special Hands”)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd sign him for a couple of yrs at $2.5M -
He can move up and down the lineup and appears to make his linemates better -
He also strikes me as the type that would like this market - under the radar - but that's just my thoughts.

I'd wager at this point in his career he probably would like a stable home. I could see him easily signing a 3 by 3 type of deal. It seems the fit on the ice is quite good as well, which probably will also factor in at his age.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'd wager at this point in his career he probably would like a stable home. I could see him easily signing a 3 by 3 type of deal. It seems the fit on the ice is quite good as well, which probably will also factor in at his age.
Yeah, I was being cheap - I'd be good for anything around 2.5 to 3.5 x 3

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I like the Matty P comparison highlighted by @WolfHouse. A versatile guy who can move through the line up.

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 5.52.49 AM.png

Add to this TBL total in 2023 his 9 points so far with the Jets. This guy seems to do quite well with the right team mates. In a good year he can throw down 30 - 40 points - and he seems to fit in well so far.

Nice pickup, lets keep this guy.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Appears as though he is well liked and other players appreciate his intelligence and how he processes the game. He plays the kind of game where even on an 'off' night he is still smart defensively first, which doesnt leave a gapping black hole down the middle. Quite complementary to a playmaker like Wheeler and high-event player like Ehlers.

I would expect Chevy has succession planning for numerous spots and roles on the team and I don't think Names topples that applecart. I would suspect you price him in at a low end third line rate for a two year term. Organizationally that may work because after his ELC he does: 2yrs @ 3.8m (Stevie Y), 2yrs @ 4m (Jeff Gorton), and 2yrs @ 2m (Stevie Y). He has a lot of talent but the rubber has never really hit the road for full on payload. It isn't a knock on him, juts happens to be his trend

From his perspective I would guess there are a number of factors but chief among them would be stability. So maybe a push for a 3 or 4 year term so maybe something like 3 yrs @ 2.2m, akin to Appleton. His agent would highlight versatility in the line up and that coaches (Bowness) and GM's (Stevie Y) favour what he brings so maybe that increases the term a bit with a slight raise?

So maybe 3 yrs @ 2.2m may work for both sides. That said, we have no idea what Chevy's succession plan entails and where/if Names fits there.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I like the Matty P comparison highlighted by @WolfHouse. A versatile guy who can move through the line up.

View attachment 681338

Add to this TBL total in 2023 his 9 points so far with the Jets. This guy seems to do quite well with the right team mates. In a good year he can throw down 30 - 40 points - and he seems to fit in well so far.

Nice pickup, lets keep this guy.
Maybe a comparison to Matty P in versatility but not in style. Style wise I’d say he is closer to Statsny. Extremely well positioned and very smart. For those that wanted to listen when we picked him up those that knew his play said you could play him with anyone because of how well he can adapt to any system or role in that system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad