Confirmed with Link: Namestnikov to winnipeg

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Maybe a comparison to Matty P in versatility but not in style. Style wise I’d say he is closer to Statsny. Extremely well positioned and very smart. For those that wanted to listen when we picked him up those that knew his play said you could play him with anyone because of how well he can adapt to any system or role in that system.
Yes, very much like Stats wrt to playing style. Kind of sneaky fast too.

All this talk of Hercule, aka MP - gives me a reason to miss him, he was so solid. A detached retina in MTL and poufff - c'est tout, c'est ca, c'est fini.

agatha-christie-s-poirot-series-13_acorn.tv__2703_custom-0f4c5d23142b1afbca0ff934966f9fc35f369461-s1100-c50.jpg

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Maybe a comparison to Matty P in versatility but not in style. Style wise I’d say he is closer to Statsny. Extremely well positioned and very smart. For those that wanted to listen when we picked him up those that knew his play said you could play him with anyone because of how well he can adapt to any system or role in that system.
With the way he plays well with Ehlers his style reminds me more of Copp. He does a great job driving the net, pushing back the defense to give Ehlers access to the middle of the ice.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
This was an enjoyable thread. I wasn’t so sure either when the Jets got him. Glad when things work out. The Jets pro scouts pull it out again.

But Mikey who?

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This was an enjoyable thread. I wasn’t so sure either when the Jet got him Either. Glad when things work out. The Jets pro scouts pull it out again.

But Mikey who?
Yeah the pro scouts seemed to have had a good read on a couple players that are proving quite beneficial for a relatively cheap cost. Chevy had a low key good TDL.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd wager at this point in his career he probably would like a stable home. I could see him easily signing a 3 by 3 type of deal. It seems the fit on the ice is quite good as well, which probably will also factor in at his age.

Yeah, I was being cheap - I'd be good for anything around 2.5 to 3.5 x 3

His current contract is 1x2.5. Prior to that he was on a 2x2 contract. He hasn't done anything recently to justify any big raises. He also hasn't justified a lot of term. He will be 31 soon after next season opens. I suspect he would be happy with 2x2 again, or maybe a little more $$$, 2x 2.2.

He has played well and appears to be a good fit. No need to get carried away over a small body of work. I think his age dictates no more than a 2 year term and his play (over the last couple of years) dictates no more than 2.5/yr.

Interestingly, he had a M-NTC. He must have waived to come here.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'd like him to re-sign, but I'm just going to point out that him waiving to come here when there's only a couple months left on his contact and his alternative is to not play in the playoffs doesn't give me any extra hope that he's willing to re-sign.

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
I'd like him to re-sign, but I'm just going to point out that him waiving to come here when there's only a couple months left on his contact and his alternative is to not play in the playoffs doesn't give me any extra hope that he's willing to re-sign.
I don’t see many scenarios where he’s going to get to play with better players like Ehlers and to an extent Wheeler. I think Winnipeg is a good fit for him. He’s not going to be a top six Center on a contending team. If he’s willing to come back at a good price I’d love to have him back.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I don’t see many scenarios where he’s going to get to play with better players like Ehlers and to an extent Wheeler. I think Winnipeg is a good fit for him. He’s not going to be a top six Center on a contending team. If he’s willing to come back at a good price I’d love to have him back.
i like Namestnikov and think he fills in adequately here and there as a top-6er however i think season-long he's an ideal 3rd liner. you said it yourself, he's not a top-6C on a contender, if we want to contend & make noise in the POs we should be getting a superior player in that 2C spot. i would re-sign him but idk where he would play really with Perfetti coming back and Nino here. i think our top-9 is pretty full.

Reactions: kanadalainen

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Would be fine with running him as the #2 C once we get rid of PLD this summer. Would even be okay with him as 1C if we move on from both 55 and 80.

Edit: He is also wearing the pride jersies with the rest of the team, he was the only one that I had doubts about due to the Russian factor but now that he clears the "not an asshole" bar... all for re-signing him, even if the team is rebuilding.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Would be fine with running him as the #2 C once we get rid of PLD this summer. Would even be okay with him as 1C if we move on from both 55 and 80.

Edit: He is also wearing the pride jersies with the rest of the team, he was the only one that I had doubts about due to the Russian factor but now that he clears the "not an asshole" bar... all for re-signing him, even if the team is rebuilding.
Namestnikov grew up in the US, not in Russia. I think that plays a big part into the russian factor.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Namestnikov grew up in the US, not in Russia. I think that plays a big part into the russian factor.
Who was the hilarious person on the TV last game who said that they told Namesnikov that his English was very good, and he answered "I grew up in Michigan". Although the Jets winning, was fantastic, this was a highlight of the game for me :)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who was the hilarious person on the TV last game who said that they told Namesnikov that his English was very good, and he answered "I grew up in Michigan". Although the Jets winning, was fantastic, this was a highlight of the game for me :)

"I grew up in Michigan".
Yeah, and your English is pretty good. :laugh:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
His current contract is 1x2.5. Prior to that he was on a 2x2 contract. He hasn't done anything recently to justify any big raises. He also hasn't justified a lot of term. He will be 31 soon after next season opens. I suspect he would be happy with 2x2 again, or maybe a little more $$$, 2x 2.2.

He has played well and appears to be a good fit. No need to get carried away over a small body of work. I think his age dictates no more than a 2 year term and his play (over the last couple of years) dictates no more than 2.5/yr.

Interestingly, he had a M-NTC. He must have waived to come here.
I think he has done enough to warrant a raise - he's looked good with our group and is playing a solid role on the 2nd line.
I would pay him in that window and let them land on what makes everyone happen - it's not significant $'s and I think this player may come in very handy down the stretch and potentially even more so next season.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I would pump the brakes a bit. Sometimes players get a bump when freshly traded. I would be careful in offering anything more than 2 seasons. I'm not saying this is an example recency bias. But I remember Hustler (and some fans) saying we had a steal when we got Svechnikov and then the same with Gagner.

Edit: I was one the ones really poo pooing this trade. I concede I'm eating allot of crow right now. He has played way better than I thought he would.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think he has done enough to warrant a raise - he's looked good with our group and is playing a solid role on the 2nd line.
I would pay him in that window and let them land on what makes everyone happen - it's not significant $'s and I think this player may come in very handy down the stretch and potentially even more so next season.

Sure - but 15 games.
I'd give him up to 2.5, which is what he gets this year. I think that should be enough. For any more, I will withhold judgement. This season is not over yet.

He could end up having a big role next year when PLD is gone. But it would be as a stopgap.

Reactions: LowLefty

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Yes, very much like Stats wrt to playing style. Kind of sneaky fast too.

All this talk of Hercule, aka MP - gives me a reason to miss him, he was so solid. A detached retina in MTL and poufff - c'est tout, c'est ca, c'est fini.

agatha-christie-s-poirot-series-13_acorn.tv__2703_custom-0f4c5d23142b1afbca0ff934966f9fc35f369461-s1100-c50.jpg

This guy made 21 billion …….:laugh:

1680730538871.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad