6. Seattle Foo Fighters
7. Seattle Guitar Heroes
8. Seattle Tinders
9. Seattle Sea Monsters
10. Seattle Metropolia

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Canucks need to switch back to black/orange/yellow so that the Seattle team can take blue and green.

Also almost all of these names suck. Emeralds and Totems are the only half decent ones; and theyre definitely not doing Totems.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Seattle Reign

Seattle Metro

nothing else really pops

Reign could be a play on words, like Rain(Seattle is rainy) or Reign supreme

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Seahawks and Mariners are perfect names for Seattle teams. Would like to see them go with something with a Marine/Ocean theme.

mattcookefan

Nov 6, 2013
Matt Cooke's house
Sockeyes sounds like a great name for an ECHL or CHL team. Doesn't sound like a NHL team name at all. Outside of the Totems all these names sound terrible. As to the whole PC nonsense around using the Totems, it's less offensive than the Blackhawks whose logo is an actual human face and much less offensive than many team names in the MLB and NFL. Totems don't refer to an actual human or group of humans like all the offensive Native American team names do. Totems are an object, and if the team is smart they could do it tastefully and respectfully while paying homage to a classic team from the area and the history of the area itself.

With all that said. I expect something stupid and ridiculous like the Silver Kraken or some other nonsense.
Hmm silver krakens. I like it!

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Seattle Dragons.

Dragons are a spirit and a totem symbol. Could capitalize on the marketing in China. Dragons are a feared creature. Could have a great mascot.

Logo could be an S-shaped mean faced fire breathing dragon with ‘EATTLE’ hidden in the body. Primary colour red or green... red would more fearsome and cooler... or, green to symbolize the Emerald City.

Last edited:

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Does anybody know how the kraken thing came about? How did that one poster decide that kraken would be a good name? Better question is, how did the Seattle owners know about the kraken thing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad