Names for new Seattle team

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I dunno.:dunno: It might be, and that's my point. This is all subjective of course, but to me "Seattle Kraken" sounds like the name of team that plays an obscure sport in an obscure league. Like something a Ultimate, "Slamball" or Quidditch team would be called.

I think that's the unfamiliarity of the name.

I had never heard of it myself. But when I heard people say Seattle Kraken I wanted to know what it was, and I found out. I think people would want to know what it is whereas most would not even google search "Seattle Evergreens" once.

That and the fan art for it is already taking off, it has a special appeal. If I know Seattle people at all, they value weird/original over the familiar.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I think anybody with even a cursory knowledge of the state of Washington is acutely aware of what Rainers would be referring to.

Speak for yourself.

First, kind of a light-hearted post, not expecting anyone to take it very seriously. Second, how many people have even a cursory knowledge of Washington? You kind of proved my point: You didn't even spell Rainiers correctly.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I like this concept.

nfOGnTX.jpg

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I like this concept.

nfOGnTX.jpg

I dig these. Not so much the Crimson but I think the could make the shade brighter.

I just want a logo that doesn't have the Space Needle in it like most of them do. My number one choice is Thunderbirds, even if the team owners let them use the logo that'd be too good for the NHL team as it's probably one of the best WHL logos out there. If not, then I'm all in for Totems, Sockeyes or Emeralds. I doubt it will be Sasquatch or Kraken.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
On the real though, I thought Seattle Lumberjacks would have been brought up as a name

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Sockeyes sounds like a great name for an ECHL or CHL team. Doesn't sound like a NHL team name at all. Outside of the Totems all these names sound terrible. As to the whole PC nonsense around using the Totems, it's less offensive than the Blackhawks whose logo is an actual human face and much less offensive than many team names in the MLB and NFL. Totems don't refer to an actual human or group of humans like all the offensive Native American team names do. Totems are an object, and if the team is smart they could do it tastefully and respectfully while paying homage to a classic team from the area and the history of the area itself.

With all that said. I expect something stupid and ridiculous like the Silver Kraken or some other nonsense.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How about, Seattle Lucky Recipients Of Solid NHL Players For 1st Year Success....

Too long?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Honestly, I've seen some horrible colors. There needs to be forest or emerald green, and probably a grey or black. This is literally the color of the area for 8 months a year here.

Sockeyes doesn't fit. Emeralds, Evergreens, something with mountains like Cascades or Mountaineers (literally the famous group that teaches people how to climb here in the PNW), Ascent, or something like Steelheads or Thunderbirds. Lastly, or something about the Sea. Admirals, Wake, Surge, Storm Surge, Flood, Rip Tide, etc. These jerseys would also look nice. Easy colors.

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Honestly, I've seen some horrible colors. There needs to be forest or emerald green, and probably a grey or black. This is literally the color of the area for 8 months a year here.

There is rumors that it's already decided, red and black.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad