Seattle Young Fresh Fellows
Pacific Northwest Earthquake
Washington Squares

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Seattle Dragons.

Dragons are a spirit and a totem symbol. Could capitalize on the marketing in China. Dragons are a feared creature. Could have a great mascot.

Logo could be an S-shaped mean faced fire breathing dragon with ‘EATTLE’ hidden in the body. Primary colour red or green... red would more fearsome and cooler... or, green to symbolize the Emerald City.

You mean like this?
sp9cnm.png

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
All of your suggestions are WAAAY off base. If you've ever spent time in Seattle, the team name should be crystal clear.....

The Seattle Vagrants

Their mascot can be some 25yr old homeless person who hassles you for change as you enter the arena, and then cusses at you when you tell them no.

Reactions: Jtown and Sam Steel

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Folks here keep trying to think of names and imagery that will blend in unobjectionably with the surroundings. This is backwards. If you want something to take off in Seattle it helps to be creative and bold. Good marketing requires a little bit of weirdness. Seattleites don't like what they're consuming to feel normcore.

Honestly, I've seen some horrible colors. There needs to be forest or emerald green, and probably a grey or black. This is literally the color of the area for 8 months a year here.

That's not a plus for a jersey. No one's going to a game and saying "I don't know, I can't get into it, it doesn't look like the wet drizzly trees out there".

Green itself is fine in combination with bolder colors - the Seahawks neon, a brilliant emerald, some flash of light, etc... My apologies to your team, but one Minnesota Mild look is already one too many.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Folks here keep trying to think of names and imagery that will blend in unobjectionably with the surroundings. This is backwards. If you want something to take off in Seattle it helps to be creative and bold. Good marketing requires a little bit of weirdness. Seattleites don't like what they're consuming to feel normcore.

That's not a plus for a jersey. No one's going to a game and saying "I don't know, I can't get into it, it doesn't look like the wet drizzly trees out there".

Green itself is fine in combination with bolder colors - the Seahawks neon, a brilliant emerald, some flash of light, etc... My apologies to your team, but one Minnesota Mild look is already one too many.

I can tell you don't live here :laugh: people literally love the drizzle grey and green. Earthy, dull colors is all you see on the ferries, ubers, people walking. The clothes at REI are in fact the 'high fashion' here. Those colors are for the most part bland, and it's in vogue.

That doesn't mean that bold colors won't work, but it disproves your theory that it is a must. And no, you don't need to be weird here for things to take off. That's simply not true.

Lastly, it's the Minnesota Wild, friend.

And they have nice jerseys, most would agree.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Kraken were allegedly seen near Greenland and Scandinavia, not in the Pacific Ocean.

Sooo no to kraken.

Seattle Sasquatchs is the way to go

So how do you feel about Penguins in Pittsburgh?
Actually Sockeye Salmon doesn't exactly make me scream Seattle either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad