Names for new Seattle team

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I can tell you don't live here :laugh: people literally love the drizzle grey and green. Earthy, dull colors is all you see on the ferries, ubers, people walking. The clothes at REI are in fact the 'high fashion' here. Those colors are for the most part bland, and it's in vogue.

That doesn't mean that bold colors won't work, but it disproves your theory that it is a must. And no, you don't need to be weird here for things to take off. That's simply not true.

Lastly, it's the Minnesota Wild, friend.

And they have nice jerseys, most would agree.

I was just there for six years! Going back in three weeks.

"People love drizzle grey"? Drizzle grey is the thing I hear people complain most about living in Seattle. A sunny day is a godsend. I'll give you that personal attire isn't usually colorful. I've got some mild colored REI stuff myself (from the flagship REI with the little hiking path), I don't want to look like a bright Christmas tree when I'm on a hike. I also don't need to feel like I'm in the woods when I go to a hockey game.

The speed and intensity of hockey would work better with brighter colors, perhaps a green/blue, lime green or neon green combo like the Seahawks. You would of course agree that Seahawks colors are everywhere in town, with the neon green jumping out compared to everything else around.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I was just there for six years! Going back in three weeks.

"People love drizzle grey"? Drizzle grey is the thing I hear people complain most about living in Seattle. A sunny day is a godsend. I'll give you that personal attire isn't usually colorful. I've got some mild colored REI stuff myself (from the flagship REI with the little hiking path), I don't want to look like a bright Christmas tree when I'm on a hike. I also don't need to feel like I'm in the woods when I go to a hockey game.

The speed and intensity of hockey would work better with brighter colors, perhaps a green/blue, lime green or neon green combo like the Seahawks. You would of course agree that Seahawks colors are everywhere in town, with the neon green jumping out compared to everything else around.

In my opinion, the Seattle Emeralds would be a gem of a team. (See what I did there) They can keep the same color scheme as the other teams, have different shades of green that pops, and they are literally named after the city nickname. They keep the green theme yet do their own twist on it.

People would devour it.

I really like that name, as well as Steelheads, Thunderbirds, Admirals, Surge/ and Cascades/Ascent.

By the way, yes, unbelievably, people like the drizzle grey stuff. Not everyone but WAYYYY more people than you would think.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Has the name Seattle Sailors been mentioned? It's quite terrible but the kind of name that eventually doesn't sound so terrible.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
  • Seattle Starbucks (nice sponsorship deal and logo is cup of coffee).
  • Seattle Grunge (in game music all Nirvana all the time, and cheerleader uniforms right out of video).
  • Seattle Amazons (another nice sponsorship deal)
  • Seattle Defibrillators (invented there. Fans would hold them up and slap together for goals)
  • Seattle Blue Screens (thank you Microsoft)

I can think of funnier Mictisoft/Windows related nicknames....

Non humorous nicknames..

Cascades
Mountainmen
Earthquakes
Tsunami
Eruption
Bird name nicknames (Eagles, Swans)
Sealife names ( Orcas, Sealions, Geoducks)
Tribal names/Words used by local tribes in the area.
Chinooks. Chinook winds you may have heard came from the tribes in the area
Airplane reference since Boeing has a big presence there.
Military related phrases with the area having a large military presence.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
I don't see why they need a new name. Just bring back the old Metropolitans like the Sens did..

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Seattle Sockeye is actually an ultimate frisbee men's club team.
Either way though, I think that name is perfect. Do it Seattle.

Now we need to bring the Sonics back to the NBA.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

powerbomb

Apr 6, 2013
The Seattle Frasiers

When they want to pump up the crowd, the voice of Kelsey Grammer says, “Go ahead, Seattle. I’m listening.”

When someone takes a penalty, the voice of Kelsey Grammer sings, “Scrambled eggs all over my face!”

The alternate uniform will look like a suit and tie, maybe the captain and alternate captain will have a different colored tie to designate them.

The regular logo, of course, would just be Frasier Crane’s face:

GettyImages-1309914_0.jpg

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
I'd rather the Canucks go back to their old color scheme and Seattle goes blue/green rather than other way around.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Are there intentions to bring back the Super Sonics to the NBA? If not and if the name is available, just drop the super. Seattle Sonics.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Some great names suggested here... not sure I can think of anything really original.

I love “Metropolitans” but it will forever be abbreviated “Mets.” Does anyone really want that?

In keeping with precedent set by the “Toronto Maple Leafs,” I think “Sockeyes,” and “Krakens” could work.

In our present climate of hyper-sensitivity, “Whalers” would start a riot.

I guess “Seattle Emeralds” or “Seattle Thunderbirds” would get my vote.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My wife suggests “Seattle Buzz.” Probably because of their affinity for a certain caffeinated beverage.

Or bees. But most likely coffee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->