Name Thread v3.0 - Trademark Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
It's terrible, but I'm barely excited about this season, I can't stop thinking about next one.

post-19890-Cartman-pacing-come-on-come-on-9VTm.gif

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Well, I don't like any of the names, but if i had to choose I'd go with silver knights I guess.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Well, I don't like any of the names, but if i had to choose I'd go with silver knights I guess.

I think that's the same place most people find themselves.

Of the three meh name possibilities, Silver is the best.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
I'm sure the name will grow on people after a while. I'm curious as to why they would wait if they have already decided on the name. However, I'm sure it will be a lot better than this:

(feel free to use as your avatar, put on t-shirts etc)

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm sure the name will grow on people after a while. I'm curious as to why they would wait if they have already decided on the name. However, I'm sure it will be a lot better than this:

(feel free to use as your avatar, put on t-shirts etc)

That logo actually has heart, unlike all the sterile and boring vegas mock-ups. They should do something like that.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
November 18th...Name, colours, logos. The Hockey News
That link gets us back to my much earlier comment that the desert color in the ice was a red flag for "Desert Knights", to which BB and a couple of other posters/mods poo-poo'd the idea as having no weight.

The fact that a "red rock" color has been cited as part of the color scheme more than suggests that "Desert Knights" will be the name.

I personally really, really prefer Silver Knights for so many reasons (Knights' armor color, Silver State of Nevada, Stanley Cup color, friggin' awesome jersey/helmet coloring).

But Desert Knights I fear - as I did a month ago - it will be. *sigh*

This is what the pads of the Desert Knights will probably look like:

701LwZg.jpg

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Meanwhile, the colors, Foley said, include an almost steel mesh-like overlay on the jerseys as well as colors that evoke the desert environment of Las Vegas, such as “red rocks".

Steel mesh-like overlay? OK, guess I should reserve judgment until I actually see it but I'm mentally preparing myself for Ewww.

dashripdot

Jul 18, 2010
Meanwhile, the colors, Foley said, include an almost steel mesh-like overlay on the jerseys as well as colors that evoke the desert environment of Las Vegas, such as “red rocks".

Steel mesh-like overlay? OK, guess I should reserve judgment until I actually see it but I'm mentally preparing myself for Ewww.

It sounded interesting at the time. The mesh reference was to chain mail, and if the visual is used to proper effect it would make for one of the more interesting sweaters in the NHL. However, since knights wore chain mail under their armor, using the effect would give the impression that these knights will be getting undressed. That doesn't bode well for the defensemen.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
It sounded interesting at the time. The mesh reference was to chain mail, and if the visual is used to proper effect it would make for one of the more interesting sweaters in the NHL. However, since knights wore chain mail under their armor, using the effect would give the impression that these knights will be getting undressed. That doesn't bode well for the defensemen.

I certainly understood the chain mail homage, I just think it's needlessly gimmicky. It would be like making the Jets jerseys look like the sleeves are attached with rivets, or having a feather motif for the Ducks. Spinal Tap put it best:

Again, reserving judgement... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad