Name Thread v3.0 - Trademark Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
...Desert Knights with a brown & tan alt...

desert%20knights%20final%2004_1.jpg

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Still holding out hope that desert knights was a sick joke. I'd honestly prefer golden Knights and I still don't like that much.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
Let's hope that actual ones look half as good. Still love that logo.
Thanks BB. The helmet-banner's about a year and 1/2 old now. Knight-helmet logos are a dime a dozen out there. There's a lot of them. The banner makes this helmet a little unique. The spade tip is a slight reference to Las Vegas.
Still holding out hope that desert knights was a sick joke. I'd honestly prefer golden Knights and I still don't like that much.
As of now, it's looking like "Desert Knights" is the front-runner, Hans...but who knows? I'm wondering if the cart's in front of the horse when it comes to the "Something" part of "Something Knights". What I mean by that is, that usually a name is decided upon and then logos, colour schemes etc. are designed around the name. In this case, the "Something" part is almost irrelevant. So, I'm wondering if they'll choose the adjective that best suits the best logo/look they have. For example, if he logo has, let's say, a sun, or vulture wings, or a scorpion, etc. as its main element...then Desert Knights would be the choice. Anyway, they'll be just the "Knights" for most applications, IMO.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
Sin.Bin posted the official date is the 22nd sometime at night. Bettman will be there.

Merch will be on sale aswell.

It's a shame they haven't worked the team name, logos, etc... out before unveiling the expansion.

I was hoping when Foley stepped up to the podium back in June, he would reach under the podium and pull out a jersey for Bettman and/or himself as he announced the expansion team. Also, since that was the week of the NHL Awards in Vegas, Merch could have been ready for the event.

Holiday Shopping seems to come earlier every year and it would have been nice to have merch ready and available at least starting today (Nov 1st) if not mid October when holiday shopping starts to get rolling.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Silver Knights or die!

d9a93eeb03ffb5200bb488a768d681d2.jpg

While that is a badass shade of gray and would love it, I dont think having a cross on a jersey would ever fly on a professional sports jersey even though its a historically accurate crusader in that picture.

It would alieante the 10-15% of the athiest population in the US.

Personally as one of those aforementioned people, Im not necessarily against it though. It looks cool.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
While that is a badass shade of gray and would love it, I dont think having a cross on a jersey would ever fly on a professional sports jersey even though its a historically accurate crusader in that picture.

It would alieante the 10-15% of the athiest population in the US.

Personally as one of those aforementioned people, Im not necessarily against it though. It looks cool.

I am an atheist and I have been my whole life, this wouldn't bother me in the slightest, its fiction ffs.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Ok slight tangent: I was thinking that the cross would not be kosher due to religious people not liking it. Atheists wouldn't care, cross ham sandwich, whatever. But a dragon or hippogriff might work. Then my mind went to the mascot. Most teams have one, and I thought instead of a Knight walking around, the arena, they may go with a dragon mascot. Kids love dragons.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Ok slight tangent: I was thinking that the cross would not be kosher due to religious people not liking it. Atheists wouldn't care, cross ham sandwich, whatever. But a dragon or hippogriff might work. Then my mind went to the mascot. Most teams have one, and I thought instead of a Knight walking around, the arena, they may go with a dragon mascot. Kids love dragons.
Counterpoint:

The Islanders mascot is Sparky the Dragon

G_011515_SparkyTour-03_slide.jpg

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Counterpoint:

The Islanders mascot is Sparky the Dragon

G_011515_SparkyTour-03_slide.jpg

Ok I was thinking a cool dragon, not an arena football reject. Forgot about Sparky. But you can use the same creature I guess.
Just stay away from the Ice Man

atomsapple

Dec 28, 2014
Las Vegas Vegas Knights

Everyone will call them the Knights, but they get to market themselves as Vegas Knights without ever needing to spell out the city's name.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Las Vegas Vegas Knights

Everyone will call them the Knights, but they get to market themselves as Vegas Knights without ever needing to spell out the city's name.

Most people won't. What is so hard about this? The LA Kings are formally registered as the Los Angeles Kings. But everyone types out and says LA Kings. People will surely shorthand Las Vegas to LV or Vegas. They don't need to push some agenda to get people to do that. They're already lazy enough to do it without help.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I mean any mascot can be executed badly, would you choose this mascot for a team called the Devils?

060212-StanleyCupFinals-Game2-006.jpg

Edit: I'm an idiot. That is Lil NJ. **** talk him all you want, we hardly see him. The regular NJ mascot is much better lol

I'm really eager to see what you guys pick. I can't wait to see a game out there.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
We had (and have again) the Moose, so now we're stuck with a stupid, grinning Moose mascot for the Jets.

cfb4149cdee14ddffa6ec5a9b9b6f0ca.jpg

They should bring back Benny from the old days. I think most fans here would support that.

Benny-benny01-lg.jpg

SportsBird

Oct 31, 2016
Las Vegas Flamingos or Silver Knights

Been told by reliable source that I can trust that Foley narrowed it down to (2) Flamingos or Silver Knights will be the choice.

Las Vegas Knights is still a possibility if the organization decided it would be better than adding Silver but having Silver was strongly pushed and liked by many.

Flamingos was extremely popular with using that name the history of Las Vegas is included (read Flamingo Hotel) and various other reasons.

This information was given to me weeks ago so it could have changed but this information was accurate up to a point and looked like the direction the organization was working towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->