Name Thread v3.0 - Trademark Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Cut him some slack- he looked about 14 to me. As all these kids do. He probably knows two things- girls and hockey (playing it), end of story.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
Things are a little quiet out there so I thought I'd do up a few alternative uniform ideas for interest. Working with the assumed colour combo of gold, silver, black and red...

silver%20knights%20alts.jpg

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
1 a bit too Calgary.
2 pretty nice but wordmark logos are a bit lame.
3 pretty nice. But I know people will ***** about another black uniform.
4 like this one the best.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
1. Looks alright but I'm not a fan of how the sleeves are kind of checkered.
2. Looks great. Very easy on the eyes... but like HanSolo said, wordmark logos are not ideal.
3. Sorry but I hate the giant arrows (or are those V's for Vegas?), not to mention it's a black jersey.
4. Looks great. I'd be happy to buy and wear that sweater.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
1 a bit too Calgary.
2 pretty nice but wordmark logos are a bit lame.
3 pretty nice. But I know people will ***** about another black uniform.
4 like this one the best.

1. Looks alright but I'm not a fan of how the sleeves are kind of checkered.
2. Looks great. Very easy on the eyes... but like HanSolo said, wordmark logos are not ideal.
3. Sorry but I hate the giant arrows (or are those V's for Vegas?), not to mention it's a black jersey.
4. Looks great. I'd be happy to buy and wear that sweater.

...Thanks...good feedback!
...a few more heraldic-style options for an alt (kept the one on the right)

silver%20knights%20alts%2003.jpg

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Things are a little quiet out there so I thought I'd do up a few alternative uniform ideas for interest. Working with the assumed colour combo of gold, silver, black and red...

I like the logo on #3 here, could look good on the #4 uni set

...Thanks...good feedback!
...a few more heraldic-style options for an alt (kept the one on the right)

silver%20knights%20alts%2003.jpg

Sort of the same thing as above, I like the logo on #3, but perhaps it would work real well with the #2 and/or #4 uni set

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed

I'd vote #3, 2, 1, 4 in that order. the middle two are by far the best, IMHO (But I would prefer the Knight helmet on #3 instead)

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
That link gets us back to my much earlier comment that the desert color in the ice was a red flag for "Desert Knights", to which BB and a couple of other posters/mods poo-poo'd the idea as having no weight.

The fact that a "red rock" color has been cited as part of the color scheme more than suggests that "Desert Knights" will be the name.

I personally really, really prefer Silver Knights for so many reasons (Knights' armor color, Silver State of Nevada, Stanley Cup color, friggin' awesome jersey/helmet coloring).

But Desert Knights I fear - as I did a month ago - it will be. *sigh*

This is what the pads of the Desert Knights will probably look like:

701LwZg.jpg

See, I like that, and I prefer Desert Knights over Silver Knights. I just don't see how Knights in any way identifies with Las Vegas in the first place, but at least Desert Knights has the dual meaning going for it to somehow justify the use of Knights. And the desert aspect could be really cool & unique as far as colours go - moreso than Silver. Different strokes I guess.

I still think the name should have been Snake Eyes or something.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
Thanks guys...
Doing up "Alt" concepts is always a lot of fun, with there being fewer restrictions on what can and can't be done. (Maybe that's why this L.V. process has seemed so difficult...too many parameters).
Anyway, if it is to be "Desert Knights" perhaps a brown 'n tan set would be great for some sort of "Classic" night. Tan pants aren't that practical for regular use, but they give any uniform a classic, nostalgic, throwback look...

silver%20knights%20alts07.jpg

'Twould look good with that above set of goalie gear!

Last edited:

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Great work sparkychewbarky. I have a feeling that all these awesome jersey concepts will exceeded the official jersey released by the team.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think that tan and brown looks surprisingly good, it would be a nice change of pace from all the red teams out there and would give us a pretty recognizable look right off the bat. Being a goalie fan, it would also provide some potentially drool worthy set-ups.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Put me down as another person who likes the tan and brown even though it sounds bad on paper without seeing it.

I know, just think of the possibilities in this palette alone.

brown-paint-samples.gif

Of course, the world of beige can be very demanding. Anything less than a 100% commitment, and you might as well start selling vacuum cleaners door to door.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I think that tan and brown looks surprisingly good, it would be a nice change of pace from all the red teams out there and would give us a pretty recognizable look right off the bat. Being a goalie fan, it would also provide some potentially drool worthy set-ups.

Ok, ONE team in professional sports wears brown as a main color (and it just happens to be the name of the team, but I digress....)

Shouldn't that tell you something?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Ok, ONE team in professional sports wears brown as a main color (and it just happens to be the name of the team, but I digress....)

Shouldn't that tell you something?

That's why I said it was surprising, brown on paper doesn't seem exciting at all, but Sparky's design has me convinced it can work if done right.

Pssh, that just means we'll corner the market on all things brown, think of the marketing possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad