Name Thread v3.0 - Trademark Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
"Neon Knights" could've been fun. Bright red, yellow/gold, white (maybe a shot of magenta here and there (to match the T-Mo)) on a midnight blue background....

neon%20knights.jpg

Not sure how the neon look would transfer to an embroidered/screened crest, but for print stuff it would be great.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
"Neon Knights" could've been fun. Bright red, yellow/gold, white (maybe a shot of magenta here and there (to match the T-Mo)) on a midnight blue background....

neon%20knights.jpg

Not sure how the neon look would transfer to an embroidered/screened crest, but for print stuff it would be great.

That's awesome. I hate the name, but the neon look logos are pretty boss.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm sure it doesn't mean much but I check on the trademark listings every now and then and I keep seeing stuff pop up for the Las Vegas Wranglers TM and several are live. I'm wondering if they're hoping the NHL team will encourage sales of Wranglers merch as a nostalgia/vintage play.

Jun 6, 2016
So semi officially Grey/Gold/Reddish Brown

Just seems so close to Arizona's idfk.

Jun 6, 2016
I'm also guessing our mascot will be a mix of some sort of traditional knight with a gladiator-esque look almost like battle worn.

calvegas04

Jun 23, 2016
Las Vegas
was hoping the frozen fury colors were a test for the Las Vegas team colors, they looked great on the ice and promo stuff (gold,black,white)

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Frozen Fury was happening regardless of what happened in June. The only thing you can take out of this is that the assistant President of something for the Kings passed the torch for Frozen Fury. Awesome. If they make Frozen Fury not suck in the future I'll be happy to include them in my season tickets at the time since I have no choice.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
I hate the name...

I agree BB. I'm not fussy on the name either, but the theme could've been fun.
Actually they can do some neon-inspired fan gear regardless of the name.
I cleaned the logos up a bit and added a word-logo inspired by the Peppermill of all things...

neon%20knights%2004.jpg

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Man some of this logos you guys are coming up with look really good. I'm very interested to see which name they decided one and what the scheme will be as far as logos and colors. By far one of the most exciting expansion teams for myself in quite a long time.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
FWIW, I overheard the Avalanche players talking on the way into the locker room. They said the LV team was the Desert Knights, it just hasn't been announced yet. How they would know is beyond me, just sayin'.

Jun 6, 2016
FWIW, I overheard the Avalanche players talking on the way into the locker room. They said the LV team was the Desert Knights, it just hasn't been announced yet. How they would know is beyond me, just sayin'.

Wish I knew the context of the conversation. If it was one of the names they heard mention or the one that was chosen.

I find it hard to believe more people don't know and I'm sure agents know people in the league who know people at Adidas that know and it's trickled down.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Wish I knew the context of the conversation. If it was one of the names they heard mention or the one that was chosen.

I find it hard to believe more people don't know and I'm sure agents know people in the league who know people at Adidas that know and it's trickled down.

The leaks (I imagine) are going to come the moment the name is decided upon and the logo is done. Once that happens, stuff gets released to manufacturers and retailers to produce and order. Secrets get harder to keep the more people know the secret.

I'm sure it will happen soon, keep an eye out for leaks out of places like Indonesia, China, etc. where they'll actually make a lot of this stuff.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
The leaks (I imagine) are going to come the moment the name is decided upon and the logo is done. Once that happens, stuff gets released to manufacturers and retailers to produce and order. Secrets get harder to keep the more people know the secret.

I'm sure it will happen soon, keep an eye out for leaks out of places like Indonesia, China, etc. where they'll actually make a lot of this stuff.

th

-or-

th

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm with you on that one.

If you want to start Llama-BattleBorn Sports Apparel with me we'll go after the contracts. :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Here's hoping that Avalanche player was wrong lol. I really can't stand that name. They'll just be the Knights to me.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Here's hoping that Avalanche player was wrong lol. I really can't stand that name. They'll just be the Knights to me.

Including Desert in the name just convinces me that Foley has never read a hockey message board or news story comments section. :laugh:

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
The context was talking about the arena in general. One guy didn't seem to know that a franchise would be playing here next year, the other was telling him. Like I said, it may not mean anything.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
An Avalanche player could have said that from some Internet surfing speculation. There are some strong opinions about possible names floating around.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
The context was talking about the arena in general. One guy didn't seem to know that a franchise would be playing here next year, the other was telling him. Like I said, it may not mean anything.

I think we have an early front-runner for Most Clueless Guy in the NHL. Seriously, how does anyone with even a passing involvement with hockey not know about the new team? I rate that three :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad