Dec 29, 2014
WI
Steve Larmer
Greg Gilbert
Ed Olclyk
Stephane Matteau
Brian Noonan

Alex Karpovtsev

Nice! pretty sure Noonan "Looney toons" as we used to call him is still working at WGN radio. He used to coach kids hockey here in around the city, wonder if he's still at it? Won't forget that stretch of i think it was 3 games straight where he was the only Hawk player that scored, 4 in one game, two the next and then i think one the next before things got back to normal.

Larms, Foley always says the best Hawk that he ever saw that wore the indian head.

Edit: In 1991 Noonan got two hatty's in three games but don't recall if that was then. On another note Kaner got two hatty's in three games in 2017.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
My ankle to foot width makes it impossible to skate. My foot is super wide and my ankles are really skinny. I cant fit into a skate properly.

Certain skates actually can accommodate your foot so you CCM, Graf, and Bauer all have models that are built for a narrow heel and a width.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Bobby Orr, Grant Mulvey, Bobby Schmautz, Doug Jarret, Pit Martin, Chico/Wayne Maki, Bill White, Jerry Korab

Had no idea he played for Hawks, only recall him with B's. Martin wore # 7 & White # 2, way cool. I think Foley's first game behind the mic was the night Mulvey potted 5 in the old barn, was several games into the rs.

Wonder if Jarret also played for Minny?

Last edited:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
My ankle to foot width makes it impossible to skate. My foot is super wide and my ankles are really skinny. I cant fit into a skate properly.

Certain skates actually can accommodate your foot so you CCM, Graf, and Bauer all have models that are built for a narrow heel and a width.

BK i didn't realize that, my daughter quit figure skating because what KBS just mentioned, her feet hurt so bad she said that's it i'm done.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Andrei Trefilov

Stopped Sundin on a last minute penalty shot to seal a win at the Gardens in one of the first Hawk games I attended.

Reactions: BrianE

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Had no idea he played for Hawks, only recall him with B's. Martin wore # 7 & White # 2, way cool. I think Foley's first game behind the mic was the night Mulvey potted 5 in the old barn, was several games into the rs.

Wonder if Jarret also played for Minny?

Schmautz began his NHL career in Chicago and got tossed around a bit. I always liked his game - it was a shame he was traded away. Great grinder who could play. He finally was appreciated in Boston where he was close to a PPG player for a few seasons in the mid-seventies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I tried on the most expensive skates they had at Gunzo's and they didn't fit.....
The issue I have is lean within the skate, because of the fact that my ankles are so skinny.

Not even interested in playing anymore or learning how to skate. Hockey is too expensive and I already have way too many expensive hobbies.

Reactions: BrianE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad