Name a Random Past Blackhawks Player

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Radim Vrbata....I remember being pissed when he got traded because I thought he oozed skill. I was right, but he was always really bad defensively and a floater.

Pavel Vorobiev

also, everyone's favorite whipping boy Rene Bourque

And I'm proud of remembering this guy: Michael Holmqvist

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianE

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Radim Vrbata....I remember being pissed when he got traded because I thought he oozed skill. I was right, but he was always really bad defensively and a floater.

Pavel Vorobiev

Never knew he played for Hawks, pretty sure he played for Av's and maybe even hoisted a cup.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Curt Fraser (Fraser dropped a few guys with a single punch - after that no one fought him). He could play too.
Tom Lysiak, Behn Wilson

Edit: just found one: curt fraser farrish - Google Search
One of the clydesdales, Fraser was strong and tough.

Here's a clip against Terry Ruskowski, Roscoe holds his own to show how strong and tough that little bugger was too!

Yeah Fraser was tough. Do guys remember when Battlin Billy broke his jaw with one of those famous baseball swings? he was out for quite awhile. Loved Roscoe but i think when Mt. Orval showed up that was it for him here, Tessier hated him.

Last edited:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
One of the clydesdales, Fraser was strong and tough.

Here's a clip against Terry Ruskowski, Roscoe holds his own to show how strong and tough that little bugger was too!

On the second clip, the fight between Fraser and Bobby Smith, couldn't believe Fraser quit swinging once Smith fell, almost like today's fights. Some of those 70's & 80's clips players kept on swinging even when they were down and tangled with the linesman.

Also wondering who was in the broadcast booth with Tallon?, sure wasn't Foley's voice.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
On the second clip, the fight between Fraser and Bobby Smith, couldn't believe Fraser quit swinging once Smith fell, almost like today's fights. Some of those 70's & 80's clips players kept on swinging even when they were down and tangled with the linesman.

Also wondering who was in the broadcast booth with Tallon?, sure wasn't Foley's voice.

Ken Wilson from the old Sportsvision days!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Pavel Vorobiev

Vrbata was a total mercenary. Didn’t shoot as often as he should have but he had some pretty filthy hands. He’s tied third all time with Patrick Kane in shootout goals scored with 45. Toews is second with 48 and Frans Nielsen is first with 49.

I’m pretty sure Vrbata was in first for awhile.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
He went to work for Blues after that, he was the Hawks announcer at the time.

For some reason i don't remember that. I recall Foley for quite awhile solo before Tallon came along, Foley had Dennis Hull chip in on occasion and once in a great while an injured Hawk, Savvy did a good job and enjoyed it.

On the radio in Middle 70's was Pettit, late 70's McWilliams, after Andy then Bud & Lou then nobody for awhile, then Foley, then eventually Foley & Tallon.

Was Wilson on TV?

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Christian Ehrhoff
EP-160329572.jpg&updated=201603230909&MaxW=800&MaxH=800&noborder

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
For some reason i don't remember that. I recall Foley for quite awhile solo before Tallon came along, Foley had Dennis Hull chip in on occasion and once in a great while an injured Hawk, Savvy did a good job and enjoyed it.

On the radio in Middle 70's was Pettit, late 70's McWilliams, after Andy then Bud & Lou then nobody for awhile, then Foley, then eventually Foley & Tallon.

Was Wilson on TV?

Wilson was on TV Sportsvision.

My friend and I still chuckle at McWilliams, especially his line of " Here comes Mulvey sashaying down the ice"

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Brian Bollig because I just saw him at the Rosemont outdoor rink.

Eric Daze because my son often plays against his team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad