Player Discussion Nail Yakupov Talk II - Say something, I'm giving up on you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Yak looking good in top 6. Stop me if you've seen this every time he's been in the top 6

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Thats a myth. KHL does secondary assists as well. Ive heard the RSL used to do that but the KHL sure doesn't.
All of European hockey is a lot stingier when handing out secondary assists. No league has ever flat out not done them they just don't hand them out like candy. You have to really be directly involved in the play to get one.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Honestly I thought yak looked great last night. Number of good, smart plays to keep possession. Seemed confident and as if he knew where to be.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Honestly I thought yak looked great last night. Number of good, smart plays to keep possession. Seemed confident and as if he knew where to be.

Yup, very good competitor. Starting to look really comfortable in his own end too.

I really hope we keep him. My favourite non McDavid oiler. Nice to see a player play with such passion

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Never been happier to hear about an Oiler asking for a trade.

The Nail Yakupov era of completely uselessness can finally end. I look forward to curiously Hockeydbing his KHL stat-line in ~3 years.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I fully support Yak. Good on ya kid. Hopefully you get your trade and get your shot. Totally undeserved treatment in Edmonton from all parties involved. Heres to hoping we get a 5th round pick in return and you score 30 goals on another team. Kids been nothing but a class act

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
Wish him all the luck in the world. He worked hard here and never quit trying to get better. Hope the change of scenery helps him.

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
He played awful, why would he get anymore chances then he already has. He's a bust. He might score 30 in the KHL.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
All the Yakupov supporters will turn on him now.

More likely that the "don't blame him" posts come out, along with a laundry list of excuses for his consistently poor play and inability to learn his position.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
If there's one thing I'll always love about Yaks is his love of the game. I don't think I've seen anyone as happy for their teammate to score than Yakupov. Hope he succeeds wherever he goes.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Fully expect him to figure it out with his next team.

Feels like he was picked to make someone happy (owner or management), but none of his coaches ever knew what to do with him.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
He played awful, why would he get anymore chances then he already has. He's a bust. He might score 30 in the KHL.

Hahaha jesus christ. Guys like Eberle, Hall, RNH and even Kassian/Poliout/Perron were given exclusive access to top 6 with no accountability. Only time Yak was given a shot was when every option for top 6 was injured and Korposiki just sucked so much it was impossible to play him there.

Yak is the definition of a hard worker, and guy that just plays. Trade him to East and let him dominate please and thank you. Just shut up every Yak hater

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

No kidding, me personally I expect a 50 point pace when playing with such offensive stalwarts as Letestu and Korpikoski.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I fully support Yak. Good on ya kid. Hopefully you get your trade and get your shot. Totally undeserved treatment in Edmonton from all parties involved. Heres to hoping we get a 5th round pick in return and you score 30 goals on another team. Kids been nothing but a class act

Agreed

It's unfortunate how badly things went for him in this organization, especially during the disastrous Mact/Eakins years. Thought there might be some hope when Mclellan/Chia took over after his promising run with Roy under Nelson, but he was promptly buried on the third line all year despite showing potential with Mcdavid early.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Lets all go back to watching Eberle dog it in the top 6 and put in zero effort. THATS Oilers hockey

Effort and hustle? nah

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Hahaha jesus christ. Guys like Eberle, Hall, RNH and even Kassian/Poliout/Perron were given exclusive access to top 6 with no accountability. Only time Yak was given a shot was when every option for top 6 was injured and Korposiki just sucked so much it was impossible to play him there.

Yak is the definition of a hard worker, and guy that just plays. Trade him to East and let him dominate please and thank you. Just shut up every Yak hater

He has 6 goals this year. 6. Mark Letestu - the guy that every Yak fanboy uses as a crutch for his poor play is outscoring him.

When he has played in the top 6 and on the PP, his production has continued to be average at the very, very best.

Comparing him in any way, shape or form to Hall, Eberle, Draisatil, RNH, etc is ridiculous. These guys produce. Yakupov doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad