GDT: My turn....So that game on ice is played today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
The team lost after tying it up and putting consistent pressure on the Canes. Using your psuedo-logic the Preds should have won at Boston and Florida after scoring first and Jones should be a point per game player based on WJC stats.

So stats don't really matter? Because you surely seem to base nearly everything thats suits your case on stats. Statistics is not everything. Giving up goals when the team needs you to make a stop - that matters.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Dude, your stats dont mean jack. He is playing better right now. Trotz probably needed to rest Maz this game.

Losing more games is playing better? Letting more pucks in is playing better?

Your "logic" (for lack of a better word) makes absolutely no sense. He's won two games in the past six weeks ... let in 3 or more goals in every start but one in the past six weeks ... yet that is "playing better" than the guy with three wins in that span, a better overall win/loss record, and fewer 3 goal allowed games in the past six weeks?

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Dude, your stats dont mean jack. He is playing better right now. Trotz probably needed to rest Maz this game.

Yea the stat argument is overused. And when you rely on bs stats for arguments it gets old.

I know in truth what is wrong and what needs to be done with this franchise. Just gotta ignore the "know it alls" who are NEVER wrong

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I can't say who is better or not but it just seems the team plays better when Maz is in or at least wins their games or gets a point when Maz is in vs Hutton. So if anything maybe Maz is more of their good luck charm than Hutton is.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Both goalies are inconsistent. Hutton's worst games were on the first road trip following Rinne's diagnosis ... Maz's are more recent where he's allowed three or more goals in seven of his past eight starts.

The goalie >>> goalie posts show hope rather than a reliance on reality.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
It depends what they are used for and what stats are used. Your focus on PIMs for the goalies is meaningless ... their win/loss record and goals allowed is meaningful.

Bull. I only used that part when reading out the ENTIRE line of stats. You're the one manipulating stats to make your unneeded arguments.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Maz is a great young prospect of ours who has shown the skill and potential that has gotten him to this point.

Hutton is a bit older and nothing more than an AHL goalie. The goals he gives up are stoppable 85% of the time It seems. He doesn't make clutch saves and he gives up softy after softy.

Yes Our defense and offense has been awful this year but so has Carter Hutton. Terrible signing.

Not saying MAZ is much better atm. But he certainly will be and I truly feel more comfortable with him in net.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
Again we win 3 games then loose 3 games and win 2 and loose 5. We are a bad team and this coaching staff has taken less offensive teams and produced wins. But see we don't have a Rinne to stop some of those unstoppable shots and we don't have Suter and Weber as a combo to play 50 mins a game to limit their top lines. We took Rinne for granted and Suter for granted and thought Trotz was the reason and Poile can find the Kostitsyn of the hockey world to keep our minds off the real reasons

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Again, goalies do not matter when you suck at scoring. It is good we brought the sandpaper and grit tonight though. That entertainment tax is collecting!

Well, and this has a lot to do with the perception of both goalies play, imo. Hutton's goal support has been pitiful (8 over his last 5). Mazanec can get away with making mistakes because he has more goals to work with. Hutton's mistakes have sealed games.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Bull. I only used that part when reading out the ENTIRE line of stats. You're the one manipulating stats to make your unneeded arguments.

How many games has Maz won compared to Hutton? Who has more games played? You claim the guy with the fewer wins in more games is doing better. You claim the guy with two wins in the past six weeks is doing better than the guy with three wins in that span .. again the player with more starts has fewer wins.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Maz is a great young prospect of ours who has shown the skill and potential that has gotten him to this point.

Hutton is a bit older and nothing more than an AHL goalie. The goals he gives up are stoppable 85% of the time It seems. He doesn't make clutch saves and he gives up softy after softy.

Yes Our defense and offense has been awful this year but so has Carter Hutton. Terrible signing.

Not saying MAZ is much better atm. But he certainly will be and I truly feel more comfortable with him in net.

"Will be" is a statement of potential, not current play.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
This is Trotz's opinion of Hutton after the game.

JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper 6m

Trotz on Hutton's performance: "That’s not good enough for this league. He wasn’t strong at all."

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Here are their stats:

39 MAREK MAZANEC 21 18 1126 2.82 7 8 3 2 550 53 .904 0 0 0
30 CARTER HUTTON 20 16 958 3.01 7 7 2 0 488 48 .902 0 0 2

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
So stats don't really matter? Because you surely seem to base nearly everything thats suits your case on stats. Statistics is not everything. Giving up goals when the team needs you to make a stop - that matters.

Like Maz did less than a minute after the Preds scored at Florida? You keep trying to make a case that either goalie is outperforming the other. I've said repeatedly that they are interchangeable, inconsistent, and incapable of stringing together any sort of prolonged good play.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
and Maz has more regulation losses therefore a worse record.

Not really because Maz also has more OT and SO than Hutton has which at least got us a point. So technically he has given us one more point than Hutton has. Not saying that is much of a difference but he technically has given us one more point than Hutton has. And his save % is a little bit higher than Hutton's.

Last edited:

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
101st,
Again your stats are meaningless. What I don't appreciate from you is constant b***ing, arguing, demeaning of our fellow fans when they happened to state their disappointment and frustrations with how our team is playing at any particular period. You've accused people here of being fickle fans, and bore most people with your unnecessary stats on daily bases. Most of the arguments here lately have you involved. So please take a f------g chill pill and just let people be human. We all come here to interact because we love our hockey club. Nothing less.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I was at the game. We lost board battles all game long, poor decisions with the puck, just about everyone on the ice for us was terrible. And I do agree, we have been giving too much time and space to goal scorers. And wow what I wouldn't give to have a goal scorer like Skinner.

There need to be changes. Soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA