GDT: My turn....So that game on ice is played today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
101 you will see that I actually made your very point.

And to further the comments on how purely statistical analysis is flawed - Hutton with only 2 ga, but one of the worst goals you will see in the nhl at a back breaking moment when we have the momentum

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Not a good goal for Hutton to let in but how the hell do we leave Skinner that alone? It's a trend of leaving dangerous goal scorers alone then letting them get the puck with time and space to pick their shots.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
Not a good goal for Hutton to let in but how the hell do we leave Skinner that alone? It's a trend of leaving dangerous goal scorers alone then letting them get the puck with time and space to pick their shots.

Sometimes the goalie is there to stop shots from a bad angle. Otherwise, no need to have a goalie.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
You lose ability to criticize your goalie when you only score one goal. It's so easy to to blame goalies, defense, but the problem again, is on the other end of the ice.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
101 you will see that I actually made your very point.

And to further the comments on how purely statistical analysis is flawed - Hutton with only 2 ga, but one of the worst goals you will see in the nhl at a back breaking moment when we have the momentum

That was so much better than the ones Maz let in over the past few games such as the one less than a minute after we scored last night? The very simple fact is both of our goalies let in goals at critical moments.

That said, Hutton's .920 sv% tonight and only two goals allowed probably gets him the next game given Maz's recent numbers.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
That was so much better than the ones Maz let in over the past few games such as the one less than a minute after we scored last night? The very simple fact is both of our goalies let in goals at critical moments.

That said, Hutton's .920 sv% tonight and only two goals allowed probably gets him the next game given Maz's recent numbers.

Wrong. Maz should start the next game. He should have started this one.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Who cares about who's in goal? We're tied for 26th in the league for goals for. Ahead of Florida, Calgary and Buffalo.

Yet here people are arguing about which backup should be starting.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
We had alot of shots to the net but just couldn't get it pass their goalie while theirs could.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
This is the first time the Preds held the competition to 2 or fewer regulation goals in a game and lost since November 30. It's only the second time the team held the competition to two goals since December 15 ... a stretch of ten games including tonight. The defense and goaltending have this team needing 3+ per night for a chance to win.

Again, this team lost the even strength battle with glaring lapses factoring into both goals. Or ES goals for to goals allowed ratio sucks and we simply don't get enough power plays for that part of the game to counteract our poor ES play.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
Alright we lost, let's move on. But if I had drink for every ES comment or stat every day on the boards - my liver will be gone.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Again, goalies do not matter when you suck at scoring. It is good we brought the sandpaper and grit tonight though. That entertainment tax is collecting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad