Confirmed with Link: Muzzin to Toronto for 2019 1st, Grundstrom, and rights to Durzi

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
I’ve never been a big fan of Muzzin, but I’ll admit, in a season where not much has gone well, Muzzin seemed like one of our best players...

A 1st and two 2nd round prospects is a solid return...

Reactions: Schmooley

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
giphy.gif

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I don't believe he ever has. Not with the Kings anyway.

Two different players a lot of the time. Smoother in the o-zone. Good shot, decent pass. Choppier in the d-zone. Can cause some yelling at the TV. Did better when you could interfere, like most d-men have. Was at his best with Doughty, when the rest of the D was also deep. He's never been on a team as deep offensively as the current Leafs though(other than in the 2014 playoffs when the Kings averaged 3.38 goals per game), so, how he fits in with that will be vastly different from what he's done with the Kings overall.
Everyone on the main board is saying he can play the right side and I'm wonding if I've been taking crazy pills. Never seen him on the right side unless he was lost.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
WOW...I was actually looking over the Leafs prospects this past weekend and was reading about both Grundstrom and Durzi.
This is a good deal for both teams....

GRUNDSTROM:

A very hard working winger and great team player. Grundström plays an aggressive in-your-face type of game with plenty of intensity. Is strong on his skates, forechecks well and is very valuable on the penalty kill. He is not the most technically skilled player, but will chip in offensively and reads the game fairly well. Does a great job around the crease and along the boards. Great character with good timing in his hits. (EP 2016)

Was second in goals in Frolundra last year - 17 goals in only 35 games. Then joined the Marlies and had 8 goals, 14 pts in the playoff run...20 games and the calder cup.
21 years old and plays both LW and RW. 2nd rd pick 2017

Carl Grundström at eliteprospects.com

Durzi RHD (yay) 2nd rd 2018

28 pts in 26 games. (must have been injured, if only 26 games in OHL this season) 16 pts in 11 playoff games last yr Owen Sound. Durzi has 5 goals, 11 pts in his first 8 games with Guelph. Damn!

Sean Durzi at eliteprospects.com

And the #1 pick, the Kings will get a top prospect...I have faith in their top picks last 3 yrs (yes, Vilardi included. I believe he will play)
2016 highest pick: 2nd rd Clage
2017 Vilardi and JAD
2018 Kupari and Thomas. 5 good prospects....and now add 2 in first round 2019. Nice.

Thank you, Jake Muzzin. You were a pro, played hard and were pretty awesome. Go play some good playoff hockey. Toronto just landed their second best defenseman.

Last edited:

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Always have to wonder if there would be more of a bidding war leading up to the TDL but maybe Toronto upped their offer from recent ones and Blake pounced. Does good by Muzzin as well by sending him to Toronto.

Grundstrom sounds like the type of player this team needs. Yes, they need more elite talent but they also need a lot more effort and buy-in.

This has to signal more of a rebuild than a retool. None of the return is something that can replace Muzzin and there is nothing in Ontario that is ready to do so either, although replacing people when you are in last place might not matter too much.

Would love MacD to get a tour of duty here to finish out the season.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The Mayor called this - said Kings would deal Muzzin for a 1st.

Carter and Quick are next.

Kings will build around Kopitar, Doughty and Peterson. Team will be very different next season.

Next to go is Hagelin. Don't think they would move Fattenberg and I wouldn't move Thompson will all the youth coming in.

Insane scoop.

BigKing is calling the sun rising tomorrow.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Really didn't want to see Muzzin be moved but it was the right decision. Got a 1st and a nice prospect (Grundstrum). Dont know about Durzi but is a nice addition to our bare RHD prospect pool.

Next up by the TDL: Hagelin, Thompson, Martinez, Clifford, Lewis, Fantenberg

Off season: Quick and Carter

By a miracle: Phanuef and Kovy

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Really didn't want to see Muzzin be moved but it was the right decision. Got a 1st and a nice prospect (Grundstrum). Dont know about Durzi but is a nice addition to our bare RHD prospect pool.

Next up by the TDL: Hagelin, Thompson, Martinez, Clifford, Lewis, Fantenberg

Off season: Quick and Carter

By a miracle: Phanuef and Kovy
Kovy must likely staying unless he forces a trade.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I'm gonna be a negative nancy and say we got hosed. A late first and a couple of b grade prospects seems light to me. Only positives are that it should signal a rebuild and we lose the shitty amish beard. Is it the leafs that have to be clean shaved??? ruh roh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad