Confirmed with Link: Muzzin to Toronto for 2019 1st, Grundstrom, and rights to Durzi

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Muzzin has been pretty damn good this year, all things considered. He’s arguably been the team’s best defenseman this season.

I don't think there's any argument about that. I have said before that he's having his best season. Granted, it might just be that he looks better because of the level of play around him, but he's having a good year.

What's this talk about him being able to play on the right side? I suppose anyone can, but it's not like he's been used in that role as Martinez has.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The only person who won’t like this deal is tomd. Retool! :laugh:

On the surface, I really like this deal. Get another 1st so it gives you another chip to play with at the draft.

Let’s get some more picks.

Wonder what AMart could return. Love jazz hands but it’s time to tear it down. Good first step here.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
TT hasn't been playing horrendously all things considered, he's just not a difference maker on his own and has regressed from his younger days.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
The Mayor called this - said Kings would deal Muzzin for a 1st.

Carter and Quick are next.

Kings will build around Kopitar, Doughty and Peterson. Team will be very different next season.

Next to go is Hagelin. Don't think they would move Fattenberg and I wouldn't move Thompson will all the youth coming in.

Im fine building around those players. Quick will be the most bittersweet player to leave.

Im not sure why they wouldnt move on from Fattenberg and they definitely should be trading Thompson out. Id rather lose with the youth making mistakes the watch WD play Thompson on the PP, PK and every other shift. Id pull a Billy Beane and just trade him because WD wont stop using him.

Reactions: yankeeking

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Jake earned the right to play on a contender this year with his play. One of the few guys actually giving a ****. Just hope the Toronto media doesn't overwhelm him.

Thanks for everything Jake!
674711.jpg

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
A late 2nd round pick from 3 years ago, a guy that wasn't drafted when he was 18, and it'll be good if the Leafs lose in the 1st round. Some rooting interest come playoff time.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
I like the return by the sounds of it and the signal for where Blake is going, gunna be hard to replace old Muzzboi but I can't help but think what we could have gotten closer to the deadline.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Grundstrom is a good player, at worst a third liner but could see him becoming a 2nd liner. Don’t watch much Swedish hockey so don’t know a lot. Durzi’s had an abysmal development path since his solid rookie junior season on a low scoring Owen sound team. As a soon to be 21 year old he’s not dominating, when compared to other over agers. Was outplayed badly last year by younger Owen sound defenders. It may be pessimistic but I don’t think he will be anything more than a career AHLer. The 1st is nice though

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Pretty much exactly what I told my friends a few minutes ago. Everything is on the table at this point, Muzzin was a starting pistol. Kings' D was already dog**** this year, now it's an absolute shambles.

It's pretty nice to see that the Kings are embracing the tank.. Been over due. Hopefully we can trade out before the end of the year and have a solid draft.

Reactions: LAKings88

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob ****show Part 2

Trade Martinez and Clifford to Toronto for a 1st rounder, prospect forward Carl Grundstrom and Nathan Hortons salary (and buy it out).

Trade Muzzin to Tampa for a 1st rounder, D Brayden Coburn (ufa in July, no resign) and D prospect Cal Foote.

Package Toffoli and Hagelin to Carolina for F prospect Julian Gauthier, D prospect Jake Bean and a 4th round pick.

Move Quick and Lewis to Columbus for Bobrovsky (ufa, no resign), F prospect Liam Foudy (18th OA pick in 2018 draft) and a 1st round pick.

Carter agrees to not retire for at least 2 more seasons, then he and Forbort go to Montreal for Karl Alzner (buyout in 2 years) and D prospect Josh Brook (56 OA pick in 2017 draft).

Kovy waves his NMC and goes to NYI for F project Josh Ho-Sang and D prospect Bode Wilde (41 OA pick in 2018 draft).

Buyout Phaneuf’s contract, let ufas Fantenberg and Thompson move

So I had the wrong players for the most part, but I was hoping to get TOs 1st and Grundstrum for a Kings defensemen. I really thought TO would need to send salary back, given there need to resign all their young stars. But I guess Muzzin could always be traded again if he doesn’t do well with the leafs.

Nice work by Rob Blake this past week getting extra picks in the 1st and 5th rounds in the next draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad