Confirmed with Link: Muzzin to Toronto for 2019 1st, Grundstrom, and rights to Durzi

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm happy with the return. Obviously it's always nicer to imagine a better return so you can say "Oh, yeah, we WON that trade."

But this is a solid trade for both sides. A low first, an offensive right handed defenseman, and a gritty young winger.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Leaf fan wondering if muzzin was just having a down year this year due to playing on a struggling kings team. Or does he look like he has lost a step and will be declining? Grundstrom is one of my favourite prospects. You guys will love to have him. Durzi is an overeager but has good skills and I think he will be a nhl player in 3 or so years. 1st rounder will be some where in 20s to maybe 31(if we can do the unthinkable). This deal is a really good one for the kings.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I f***ing liked Muzzin.

He was actually good unlike 75% of our D.

Jake+Muzzin+2014+NHL+Stanley+Cup+Final+Game+6HZOATNICjdl.jpg

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Leaf fan wondering if muzzin was just having a down year this year due to playing on a struggling kings team. Or does he look like he has lost a step and will be declining? Grundstrom is one of my favourite prospects. You guys will love to have him. Durzi is an overeager but has good skills and I think he will be a nhl player in 3 or so years. 1st rounder will be some where in 20s to maybe 31(if we can do the unthinkable). This deal is a really good one for the kings.
He's damn good we just suck ass.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Everyone's having a down year, but Muzzin was far from the problem.

In many ways, he is the player everyone expected Phaneuf to be in his earlier years; tough with a great shot from the point.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I’m fine with the return. Muzzin really stepped up his game this season and his value has never been higher. Sold at the right time.
Leafs get a good player and pay with a solid prospect, their 1st and a prospect with interesting potential.

Yea, it could have been much worse.

Reactions: Basilisk

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Leafs fan here.

Grundstrom - I think you can pretty much bank on getting a top 9 NHLer out of him. I'd be surprised if he wasn't. High-end skill probably isn't there, but I'd expect a good hardworking two-way ~30-45 point player depending on how things shake out.

Durzi - he was drafted last year, but was draft eligible the year before. So you sort of have to compare him to the 2017 draft class if you want to do apples to apples. I think he has a bright future, but next year you should have a better idea when he tries to make the jump to the AHL. I find that's usually a pretty good indicator, and a lot of good looking CHL prospects hit a wall and never recover when trying to make that jump.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Great trade from a Kings perspective. Grundstrum was a prospect I had hoped the Kings would target. Getting the first is great as well. Hadn't heard of Durzi, but I think its good to inject another recent 2nd rounder on D into the AHL at the end of this year and next year.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

Muzzin has been pretty damn good this year, all things considered. He’s arguably been the team’s best defenseman this season.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The Mayor called this - said Kings would deal Muzzin for a 1st.

Carter and Quick are next.

Kings will build around Kopitar, Doughty and Peterson. Team will be very different next season.

Next to go is Hagelin. Don't think they would move Fattenberg and I wouldn't move Thompson will all the youth coming in.

Reactions: deaderhead28

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Can Muzzin play RD?

I don't believe he ever has. Not with the Kings anyway.

Two different players a lot of the time. Smoother in the o-zone. Good shot, decent pass. Choppier in the d-zone. Can cause some yelling at the TV. Did better when you could interfere, like most d-men have. Was at his best with Doughty, when the rest of the D was also deep. He's never been on a team as deep offensively as the current Leafs though(other than in the 2014 playoffs when the Kings averaged 3.38 goals per game), so, how he fits in with that will be vastly different from what he's done with the Kings overall.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
You guys got a great package. Durzi is a a guy that is a late bloomer and has been projecting upwards, terrific all around defenseman that reminds me of Dermott. Grundstrom is a guy we pegged to fill in for Leo Komarov, limited offensive upside but an absolute horse on the forecheck and hits and grinds with the best of them.

Reactions: SlimCharles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad