Injury Report: Muzzin injured || Out for the CLB series

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
At least this gets Dermott a bigger look to gage if trading him this off season is a good idea . I dont think he's made great strides this august but the one play to have Tavarse go on the break away was an A1 move by #23.

Reactions: Merrrlin

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
As part of the NHL Return to Play Plan, a team is not permitted to disclose player injury or illness information.
wtf
This is right up there with the league's "Cross-check a guy from behind in a very dangerous spot and get away with it" plan.
"We dare you to stop watching. We double-dare you" ...signed Gary

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Lool what? The NHL making over 5 billion in revenues the oast year cant set up make shift hospitals for the players? They've set up pretty much everything else?
A make shift hospital isnt a cat/MRI scan machine and things. X-rays are doable and all NFL team have them but those arent sufficient for extensive injuries Such as Muzzins’ to his head/neck

Those cost a f*** ton and take even more to operate/power

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
A “playoff hit” isn’t just some innocuous play. Just ask Kadri about DeBrusk, or Dale Hunter on Pierre Turgeon, Claude Lemieux on Kris Draper. Was there likely intent to injure? I wouldn’t say so. But it’s still a dirty play. I hope Kyle Clifford has a word if not the NHL department of player safety.

It could have been a 2 min penalty sure ... but let's not bring Kadri and his sword play into this ...
Still had no intent to injure, and no reasonable connection between the hit and the injury ...

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Lool what? The NHL making over 5 billion in revenues the oast year cant set up make shift hospitals for the players? They've set up pretty much everything else?

They have medical staff on site, this needed very specialized equipment. The Jets players for example didn’t have to leave the bubble.

Reactions: ToneDog

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Yup, good guy Dubas. All the player agents agree.

4akedc.jpg

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
I hope Jake is ok. That was a very somber moment watching him be put on the stretcher. Jackets fans wishing him a quick recovery.

Thanks for the well wishes!! And I'm sorry that some Leafs "fans" want PLD suspended. He did nothing wrong. Just unfortunate timing on a normal play

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Would have been nice to acquire another dman at the TDL like so many on this board wanted but Leafs management decided to stand pat. Oh well, bring on Marty and pray we make it to round 1 and Muzzy is back.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Would have been nice to acquire another dman at the TDL like so many on this board wanted but Leafs management decided to stand pat. Oh well, bring on Marty and pray we make it to round 1 and Muzzy is back.

Pretty sure they would have done something if it made sense

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Pretty sure they would have done something if it made sense

Maybe but what I recall is that they decided not to do anything after the loss to Ayre and the Canes. Hindsight is 20/20. Hopefully Dubas makes sure we have enough depth on D next year. We don't have much experience on D after Marty. Look how deep the Canes' D is, missing Hamilton and Pesce.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Muzzin is out due to injury rather than having to isolate after leaving for a hospital right?

Several of my friends have said this to me but makes no sense to me.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dubas traded for Rosen. It's not his fault Leafs fans have ridiculous expectations for depth players

Ridiculous expectations ?? Many teams added D at the TDL. Guess their fans had "ridiculous expectations".

Rosen wanted out of Colorado and back to T.O. I hardly consider that a trade and he is not even close to being a NHL top 6 dman. Heck he can't even beat out the great Martin Maricin. You can spin it any way you like but the fact is Dubas did nothing to help the D even when Rielly, Ceci and Muzzin were out.

Edit: Leafs acquired Rosen for Hutch. Says it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: CelticDruid

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

NHL won't want the liability of a makeshift hospital in the bubble nor will the players want something short of the best when it comes to their health.

An injury like Muzzin's can have a life-altering impact depending on the severity and should be diagnosed in a proper hospital.

Reactions: ToneDog

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Muzzin is out due to injury rather than having to isolate after leaving for a hospital right?

Several of my friends have said this to me but makes no sense to me.

It's because of the injury. If it was a quarantine issue we'd know exactly when he'd be back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad