Injury Report: Muzzin injured || Out for the CLB series

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Know we wouldn’t
NHL protocol is deemed unfit to play

That would be if he had COVID. Leaving the bubble is 4 days with no symptoms and no positive results. Players injured the quarantine time varies and is decided by medical. It would never be more then the 4 days though required for players leaving.

If he was just under normal quarantine, he'd be able to play Sunday at the absolute latest. He's injured though so that's what's making the determination, not the quarantine. The NHL still is reporting 0 cases, so if he had been exposed we'd know.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That would be if he had COVID. Leaving the bubble is 4 days with no symptoms and no positive results. Players injured the quarantine time varies and is decided by medical. It would never be more then the 4 days though required for players leaving.

If he was just under normal quarantine, he'd be able to play Sunday at the absolute latest. He's injured though so that's what's making the determination, not the quarantine. The NHL still is reporting 0 cases, so if he had been exposed we'd know.

No what I’m saying is the NHL is not supposed to differentiate between injury and covid, and is supposed to say the player is unfit to play regardless of injury or covid.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
No what I’m saying is the NHL is not supposed to differentiate between injury and covid, and is supposed to say the player is unfit to play regardless of injury or covid.

Yes, that's correct in this case though with no active cases reported we know it's actually an injury.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Would have been nice to acquire another dman at the TDL like so many on this board wanted but Leafs management decided to stand pat.
Huh? I seem to remember most people irrationally blasting Dubas for not trading Barrie.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Huh? I seem to remember most people irrationally blasting Dubas for not trading Barrie.

IIRC the TDL came shortly after the Ayre debacle and Leaf management decided to stand pat as a result of that loss. Some Leaf fans wanted Barrie traded because he was "bad" and did not want to watch another asset walk for nothing. Dubas could have easily added another one or two dmen if he wanted to. They had the inside track on Bogo before bailing after the loss to Ayre and the Canes.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Bogosian isn't really that different in quality from what we have.

Bogo would have been a nice insurance policy. I believe Ceci was out at the time. Some disliked him and some liked him. What he had going for him was that he was RHD, could have been had for the min we are not deep on the RS.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
What he had going for him was that he was RHD, could have been had for the min we are not deep on the RS.
Bogosian makes 1.3 mil, not the minimum.

Our D depth was decent, and had just held their own through significant injuries.

Rielly-Ceci
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Barrie
Sandin-Marincin
Rosen-Liljegren

Also, at the time, only Ceci was expected to be out for a while. Rielly was about to come back, and Muzzin got injured the game after the trade deadline.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Well maybe they didn't think the series would go 5 games. After all, if he is okay (with regards to the neck injury/whiplash), today is his day #4 of quarantine and 4th negative test result so if he is physically okay, he should be good to play tomorrow.

Is Muzzin actually sitting because of quarantine protocol? Because Zach Werenski, who also had an MRI, is playing.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Has Muzzin always been injury prone ? He's missed alot of time as a Leaf. Just bad luck ?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Is Muzzin actually sitting because of quarantine protocol? Because Zach Werenski, who also had an MRI, is playing.

Apparently, Zach didn't have to leave the bubble to get his MRI while Muzzin was taken to a local hospital.

So right now, unless someone knows something different, it's not 100% clear if Jake is still injured or if he's sitting solely because of the quarantine.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Bogosian makes 1.3 mil, not the minimum.

Our D depth was decent, and had just held their own through significant injuries.

Rielly-Ceci
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Barrie
Sandin-Marincin
Rosen-Liljegren

Also, at the time, only Ceci was expected to be out for a while. Rielly was about to come back, and Muzzin got injured the game after the trade deadline.

It's pretty embarassing that Dubas couldn't predict that Muzzin would get injured or that a pandemic would happen, Lou would have known.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I thought Bogosian to the Leafs was a done deal until they crapped the bed vs Carolina and something changed?

The Insiders discuss whether Saturday's loss convinced Bogosian to not sign with Maple Leafs

I don't really see that would change with regards to a Muzzin injury, neither Marincin nor Bogosian are players I want in my lineup, least of all with a 19 year old rookie. The depth would either have to be a legit #4/5 RHD or a safer LD than Sandin/Rosen to make an impact with a Muzzin injury.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't really see that would change with regards to a Muzzin injury, neither Marincin nor Bogosian are players I want in my lineup, least of all with a 19 year old rookie.

I don't want Bogosian either, but just trying to remember the sequence of events where the Leafs didn't "go all in" prior to the Covid stoppage.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Can he play tnt?
If he is feeling ok i can see him in. Quarantine won’t be a issue. Thats what i got from the initial reports. Muzzy would have to be hurting to stay out this one. If so, get better we’ll need you next round ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->