OT: Music

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
Glad you like.
Thats the same problem I have. I have two ****house record players that really sound awful. Cant afford a new system as yet. I have a box set of vu but it isnt really worth any more than I have paid for it. Second hand stores have millions of records here for roughly one dollar each but i wouldnt know what is worth money and what isnt/

The Panics.
For some reason this song hits my button

edit** its criminal this song has under 5000 views

Last edited:

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
My favirote new artist!! I love her! her energy live is through the roof! (as see in this performance as she jumps in a pool, pours a bottle of water on her head, and climbs a tree!!)

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Glad you like.
Thats the same problem I have. I have two ****house record players that really sound awful. Cant afford a new system as yet. I have a box set of vu but it isnt really worth any more than I have paid for it. Second hand stores have millions of records here for roughly one dollar each but i wouldnt know what is worth money and what isnt/

The Panics.
For some reason this song hits my button

edit** its criminal this song has under 5000 views

Keep em coming Dg.

Another exceptional song. Sounds like a couple of different bands but then again their own thing too.

I really like it.

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
Uh oh! Someone gave Sade some crystal meth. that chick is freaken bezerk. good find.
Im going to keep the Australian theme for this afternoon Tonnel and gift you this oldie. Its a semi classic so I wouldnt be suprised if you know it.

Makes me want to hug my loved ones

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
If you are in a punk mood give a look into the South Bay bands "Final Fight" and "New Direction".

I like the song "The Birth of The True" by New Direction but all of it is pretty darn good.

Final FIght has some really good anthemic punk too.

fyrescorp

Apr 19, 2006
So I was strolling channels on TV and settled on the Palladian channel that was showing a live show from Washington with the band Shinedown. I had never heard of them (being a middle aged rocker not familiar with much of the new stuff). Incredible. I love the energy, the melodic rock riffs and the showmanship. I bought the new live cd and can't stop listening. They literally blew my socks off.

One question, can anyone suggest other bands of this genre that I can check out? Like I said, I'm an old time rocker, but I love new stuff. I'm not really into the speed metal stuff (Pantera,etc) sorry.

Thanks!:yo:

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
Never would i compare Weezer to Radiohead but this is quiet interesting and IMO not a waste of 5 minutes.
Staying on the covers here is one of the Pixies with one of my full favs

and if you like folkish psycish stuff with melody

i love hearing my one and 4 year olds try and sing to this

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
Punk

Led Zeppish

Creamish
:handclap::handclap::handclap::yo::yo::yo:
and for those that like a little grooving, heres a sultry dance track

Last edited:

Alternate Jersey

Jul 8, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
thought this would be as good of a place as any to post it: what would you say are the songs you associate with the kings? i'm thinking more arena music that has been played at the games than i am of personal associations. so far i've thought of:

30 seconds to mars--this is war (used to be played during the laser show at staples)
30 seconds to mars--kings and queens (also played at staples)
the briggs--this is LA (playoffs/goal scored song/band)
randy newman--i love LA (also a goal scored song at staples)
and lastly that ridiculous rap song released this year by that usher whose rapper name slips my mind--we're the kings and we came to win

those are just off the top of my head though and are just from the last couple of years. would love to hear other people's thoughts though, especially regarding older arena music you associate with the kings.

those are just off the top of my head though and are just from the last couple of years. would love to hear other people's thoughts though, especially regarding older arena music you associate with the kings.

I remember the used to play a coldplay song (I think it was them) when the team got on the ice. I think they used to play U2 also. The system of a down song with the guitar player wearing the Kings (think it was Norstrom) jersey always too.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
This song has been on repeat since I finished the Hero/Good ending of inFamous 2. Song was played after that sad ending.

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
I havent been able to go to sleep. Im starting to go crazy enough to consider breaking into the chemist (drug store). I just want the itching to stop or have some kind of temporary labotomy to pain. They are going to reissue crowded house crowded house with a remaster. Finn thinks it could sound better. I dont know if he said better but he said he is looking forward to the reissue

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I havent been able to go to sleep. Im starting to go crazy enough to consider breaking into the chemist (drug store). I just want the itching to stop or have some kind of temporary labotomy to pain. They are going to reissue crowded house crowded house with a remaster. Finn thinks it could sound better. I dont know if he said better but he said he is looking forward to the reissue

I was happy when the endz broke up and then became CH. It seemed to me that TimF wanted to go in a few different directions and that NF had a more melodic sound in mind. Either way they ended up writing some amazing music. Re Mastering rarely works out imo but I will buy it anyways out of need.

There last live show in Sydney CD was a good effort and I have a ton of bootleg recordings of them in Ned Zed at a coffee house or a bar or something where they sound amazing even though the rec quality is poor to fair.

As to the pox I would be bothering my doctor for some sort of pain medication. Itching is a part of a pain reaction is what my doctor had told me once and he said that when topical ointments fail after antihistemenes it goes on to pain meds. Better to deal with the itch then with a ton of secondary infections from scratching.

Mr Teeny

Aug 10, 2005
Mission Viejo, CA
Gotta plug some old friends from HS...

The Airborne Toxic Event. They've had a few songs on the radio the last few years, but I think their best stuff hasn't made it to the radio.
The first link is to stream their 2nd album "All At Once". Second link is their main site, which has tons of videos posted, including performances from KCRW and Last FM, funky acoustic versions of every song from both albums, etc... They play a great live show, and are just as good slow and quiet as they are fast and loud.
http://aao.theairbornetoxicevent.com/
http://www.theairbornetoxicevent.com/

These guys you probably haven't heard of: Radars to the Sky.
http://www.myspace.com/radarstothesky

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Gotta plug some old friends from HS...

The Airborne Toxic Event. They've had a few songs on the radio the last few years, but I think their best stuff hasn't made it to the radio.
The first link is to stream their 2nd album "All At Once". Second link is their main site, which has tons of videos posted, including performances from KCRW and Last FM, funky acoustic versions of every song from both albums, etc... They play a great live show, and are just as good slow and quiet as they are fast and loud.
http://aao.theairbornetoxicevent.com/
http://www.theairbornetoxicevent.com/

These guys you probably haven't heard of: Radars to the Sky.
http://www.myspace.com/radarstothesky

I love ABTE

Their first cd was golden and I am learning to like allot of the new music too.

Sound allot like an 80s band but fresher.

Mr Teeny

Aug 10, 2005
Mission Viejo, CA
Their stuff grows on you like crazy. It's good music and good songwriting all wrapped up together. They walk a strange line between indy, folk, symphony, electronic... and I love that they can rock out with a viola and stand up bass.

If you haven't seen/heard All I Ever Wanted, you should check that out. That show at Disney Concert Hall was awesome.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Their stuff grows on you like crazy. It's good music and good songwriting all wrapped up together. They walk a strange line between indy, folk, symphony, electronic... and I love that they can rock out with a viola and stand up bass.

If you haven't seen/heard All I Ever Wanted, you should check that out. That show at Disney Concert Hall was awesome.

cool thanks I will check it out. I do allot of traveling in a car (over 40k on the road per year) and I listen to a ton of different/ new or suggested music on the road and that is how I sort started listening to them. Their first CD was solid and I am liking the second but haven't been on the road too much so I have sort of been saving it.

They remind me a little of the church and the damned mixed with a jesus and mary chain sonic sound but without all the pretentiousness.

Cutty Sarkn3ss*

Haven't liked any of the dubstep songs that have surfaced over the years but this one caught my attention . . . Note - People over 35 shouldn't listen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad