OT: Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

the vid for legs though :laugh:

I can still remember when that pig Denise Donlan was program director at Much Music and started getting rid of all the videos she found personally offensive or sexist. Then she tried to capitalize off it by having a show dedicated to those very videos called "Too Much For Much"

At least we got to see "Creature From The Black Leather Lagoon" by the Cramps one last time.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Are there any metal heads here?

I listen to a lot of stuff, including some metal genres

My fav bands: Amon Amarth, Agalloch, Windir, some Metallica/Megadeth albums, Hypocrisy, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Vintersorg, Opeth and some others

Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
btw, if you're a metal fan, you should probably watch the Metalocalypse cartoon

The songs are good enough

and the show is

498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3.png

and also stupid and hilarious

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
You should lookup for Godspeed You!, they're from Montreal. I haven't been listening much to post-rock for a while. I liked Godspeed and Sigur Ros as background music while I was doing other things. These two are probably the best:

I often feel like it's more or less the very same music/chords across the bands

god is an astronaut is amazing. Had the pleasure of seeing godspeed live 2 years ago and they didn't disappoint.

Threw a few more in there for anybody else down the post rock path.

upload_2018-8-15_18-38-6.png

WOMP WOMP

Reactions: ArtPeur

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I listen to a lot of stuff, including some metal genres

My fav bands: Amon Amarth, Agalloch, Windir, some Metallica/Megadeth albums, Hypocrisy, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Vintersorg, Opeth and some others
I should have said that I was an old school metal head, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC DC, DIO, Whitesnake and so many others. Based on your favs itseems that your preferences are much heavier than mine.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Depends on what you define as metal.

I like some punk-metal bands and songs, some heavy metal bands and songs. More of a punkhead though.
I guess it's more rock/metal, I am too old to enjoy the real heavy stuff, I am a sucker for the melodic type of rock bands from the 80s and I like some of the bands of today especially the ones with better vocalists.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
This is mine.

Lol easily my favorite band of all time.

I don’t listen to as much rock/heavy metal these days as I became a huge old school hip hop head in recent years but Iron Maiden no doubt in my eyes is my favorite band of all time and had a huge impact on me growing up. The riffs, the lyrics, the solo’s ,the live performances are absolutely nuts :yo::yo:

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Lol easily my favorite band of all time.

I don’t listen to as much rock/heavy metal these days as I became a huge old school hip hop head in recent years but Iron Maiden no doubt in my eyes is my favorite band of all time and had a huge impact on me growing up. The riffs, the lyrics, the solo’s ,the live performances are absolutely nuts :yo::yo:
Cool, I love them as well. Most of my favorite hard rock comes from the 80s, I just did not get the whole grunge thing but in saying that I loved Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains, I really seem to gravitate towards hard rock music. :yo:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I should have said that I was an old school metal head, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC DC, DIO, Whitesnake and so many others. Based on your favs itseems that your preferences are much heavier than mine.

To be fair, I wasn't listening to heavier stuff at first, I started with bands like yours.. then came some others:

Apocalyptica
At first, they were 4 guys playing Cellos. They got bored of playing classical music and they were Metallica fans. So they made an album full of Metallica covers. 8 albums later, they are pretty well-known even though they never play on the radio. Some of their songs once played on MusiquePlus some years ago

Korpiklaani
Dubbed as happy metal. I went to 2 of their shows in Montreal. Even though half their songs are in Finnish, people really love them and they will even try to sing along. The band always seem happy and surprised by the fan reaction every time they're around. they were once releasing one album every year :laugh:. Their songs are mostly about booze and folk stuff from Finland. I'm a man with a plan and the plan is to booze as much as I can!

Alestorm
Another drinking band (from Scotland) but, this time around, they're writing stuff about booze and pirates. They also made a parody of Gaga's Telephone clip/song with Magnetic North

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
To be fair, I wasn't listening to heavier stuff at first, I started with bands like yours.. then came some others:

Apocalyptica
At first, they were 4 guys playing Cellos. They got bored of playing classical music and they were Metallica fans. So they made an album full of Metallica covers. 8 albums later, they are pretty well-known even though they never play on the radio. Some of their songs once played on MusiquePlus some years ago

I like Apocalyptica. I learned about them via NHL 2009 as they had this song in the game!

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The depth and range of musical knowledge and fandom on this site is phenomenal. You guys rock. And metal. And roll. And all that other good stuff. :yo:

Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad