Jul 18, 2021
TunFaire
Tyler Childers
Zach Bryan
Sturgill Simpson
Colter Wall
Cody Jinks

Not the crap they play on Country radio

Strangely enough, there's been a similar discussion on the Devils' board re: country music.

I'm not a straight-country guy, either. However, some "Alt-Country" acts are pretty stinking good.

Bands I'm thinking of:

Uncle Tupelo
Webb Wilder
Jason and the Scorchers
Beat Farmers
Son Volt

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

chico19341

Jan 12, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Headed to Nashville to see All Them Witches on Halloween weekend - looking to hit the Isles v Preds early tilt on that Saturday. any and all tips welcome concerning Nashville and/or Bridgestone.

Last edited:

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Went to the record store today.

Derive - Instantly Black The Goodness
Sinaloa - Oceans of Islands
Sinaloa - Footprints on Floorboards
Multiple Truths - No One Wins
Social Circkle - City Shock
Light the Fuse And Run / Transistor Transistor split
Superchunk - Superchunk
Holy Rollers - As Is
Hot Water Music - No Division
Swing Kids - Discography picture disc
Hoover - The Lurid Traversal of Route 7
Fastway - Fastway
Stooges - Metallic KO
John Gavanti
Big Black - Atomizer
Heavy Winged - Sunspotted
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Tomorrow (Fri) is 50 years since Duane Allman died in a motorcycle crash in Macon GA (on 10/29/71). Posting a day early in case anyone needed a reminder and wants to wear black.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Tomorrow (Fri) is 50 years since Duane Allman died in a motorcycle crash in Macon GA (on 10/29/71). Posting a day early in case anyone needed a reminder and wants to wear black.
Coincidentally, it is also the day @doublechili got his AARP card, so a big day on multiple fronts.

Thanks for the reminder. And a little over a year later, Berry Oakley died in a motorcycle crash of his own, only three blocks away. Gov't Mule is playing a Halloween show and will do Live at Fillmore East in its entirety (also the 50th anniversary of that album). Between the Mule, Tedeschi Trucks Band and now the Allman Betts Band, the Abros legacy lives on.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
In a cross between two threads-- curious to see what tunes/music will be piped out of Belmont's PA when the Isles take the ice on the 20th.....

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Record store yesterday:

Tristeza - Mania Phase
Tilt - Play Cell
Compound Red - Always A Pleasure
Total Chaos - Pledge of Defiance
Shellac - At Action Park
7 Seconds - The Crew
Worst Case Scenario - Worst Case Scenario
Blatz/Filth - Shit Split
His Hero Is Gone - Fifteen Counts of Arson

Reactions: sabremike

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Saw Genesis last night in Montreal. Would recommend for any fans to catch them when they’re at UBS Arena in December.

Phil is frail, but was better than I expected. The band was as tight as ever and Phil’s son was great on the kit. Sure felt like this is the last chance to see them.

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Saw Genesis last night in Montreal. Would recommend for any fans to catch them when they’re at UBS Arena in December.

Phil is frail, but was better than I expected. The band was as tight as ever and Phil’s son was great on the kit. Sure felt like this is the last chance to see them.

In the future, they should have the Splitting Image puppets play, like they do with the Dio hologram.

Reactions: JKP

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Anyone check out the Beatles documentary just released? Kinda fantastic. I'm on the last part --

To watch the guys create/discuss/debate/fight/ and crack jokes is kinda fascinating. Better than that is to watch them be regular people. I've seen interviews with McCartney, so he I "know" a bit -- anyone who can play every instrument is a magician-- but Lennon was always a bit of an enigma to me. And I completely understand how George Harrison could feel -- playing second -- rather third fiddle to Paul and John. And Ringo just plays on....

Good stuff!

Reactions: saintunspecified

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad