OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Anybody remember this guy? A lotta people gave him a lot of crap for some things I remember, but I always liked him.

Be prepared to be fairly surprised.......aka blown away.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Anybody remember this guy? A lotta people gave him a lot of crap for some things I remember, but I always liked him.

Ya, Nuno had the chops for sure....even though I was never an Extreme fan.

Vito Bratta was another great guitar player from back in the day, but played with a band I was not fond of...very underrated....great phrasing.

The last little tapping piece at the end, I ripped off a little, and pass off as my own once in a while to show off.:D

*M*J*D*

Mar 9, 2003
Regina, Sask, CANADA
Hey Everyone, I am working on a project and thought I would offer it here as well.

Care to contribute to video project....kids are welcomed :)

we have begun putting together the video for a song I have recorded song and at this point we still require about 8 or so drawings. To be more specific that theme of the song is about a stickman going through his journey from ego into awareness and we are using drawings (doesn't need to be complex or take a lot of time, it only needs to convey a specific message of the lyric at that point in the song.) These drawings will act as a story board for the video. If I am not able to gather enough submissions from others I am able to create these drawings on my own...but I understand the value in encouraging others to express and contribute. :) I would also like to include a picture of the person creating the drawing at the very end of the very as a thank you for their contribution.

So if you or your child can draw a stickman and some other things not too complex and you want to be a part of this let me know :)
If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected] or pm me here and I can give you an idea of what the remaining pictures need to relate. For those interested, I would also like a picture of the artist creating the picture as I will add a picture of everyone at the end of the video along with their names.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
@Booya. Yeah, there were a couple of real gems for guitarists in some of the bands like Extreme and White Lion. Those types of bands were never held in high regard in the same music circles that we probably tend towards, but I always felt some of the criticism aimed at them was pretty uncalled for much of the time.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

officially blown away. I don't remember that guy. that is some serious shredding, man.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Clicked on some random link and after a few looks at these guy's I thought I'd post this. All their song are pretty indescribable to be honest. If you like weird, you got it here. Don't ask.

:help::laugh: Cannot embed for obvious reasons. Do not play it at work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0

The girl is 31. :amazed:

Last edited:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Clicked on some random link and after a few looks at these guy's I thought I'd post this. All their song are pretty indescribable to be honest. If you like weird, you got it here. Don't ask.

First time I was exposed to these guys was the movie Chappie.
her singing style bothers me for some reason....

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton

Die Antwoord is a Zef duo from South Africa. Not my thing personally, but it is an interesting sub-culture for sure.

Parquet Courts is a band that i've found interesting recently; a cut from their most recent album.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Not sure if any of you have heard this, its a Japanese metal band called Maximum the Hormone. Odd, but entertaining (you'll see what I mean at the end of the video/song)

Kinda has a SOAD feel, then theres a bass break that is Chili Peppers style.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
You guy's will see where I go with this...my favorite band of all of them....

'74

Album - Rush

Last edited:
Reactions: ujju2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
First Rush album I ever heard in my uncle's truck on an 8-track! My personal favorite of 'em all....heh..I guess I was 8. Hooked on this band ever since.

'77

Album - A Farewell to Kings.

Reactions: ujju2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad