OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I like Nuno. Very fast guy with a great sense for melody.

This is one of my favourite guitar videos:

Jani Liimatainen (ex-Sonata Arctica, nowadays Cain's Offering) may not be the technically perfect guitarist but I think he displays a huge amount of feeling in his play (even shredding). Might be just me 'cause I've seen him play live and I was mesmerized by the atmosphere he can create. Still mad that Sonata kicked him out. :cry: (Syu isn't bad either btw.)

This ones an extra for musicians (others might not get that much out of it):

Anssi Kela (Finnish rather popular musician) rearranges famous heavy metal riffs from minor to major and "makes the world a happier place". :laugh: If you don't want to listen to him yapping in Finnish, the "examples" start at 1:25.
I especially enjoy the version of "Raining Blood". :yo:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Hey DaJackal. Great Videos. Fun listening to it with Studio Monitors. The first one I found a rather well spoken Janni L - Something or Other.......the LSO if your will, laid back. And what a bending technique!!! Has some nice Blues based chops as well.

Syu I found a little more frantic and methodical. Very fast and clean with atypical classical melodies from the Japanese culture. He has some nice stuff woven in to some pretty nice nuanced melodies. Lots of flash.

2 really different style from LSO and The Flash. :naughty:

That second guy is even funnier when you can't understand Finnish. The joy is obvious in his presentation. :laugh:

That's a great video for musicians of any caliber. Once you get to a certain level you integrate it all into solo's, Riffs, and song writing. Major to Minor is a good thing.

Thanks for this view from Finland DaJackal.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Damn I miss Power Hour. That Anthem rendition was killer. Tight band. Lots of good influences in that band.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
[/MEDIA]I remember vividly as a kid, watching this movie, and "F**K MOM GET me a Guitar!! GET. ME. A. GUITAR!!"

especially this scene :

one of the reasons why I play Charvel and Jackson exclusively! they look cool, and play even better.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
That's about when I started getting serious about guitar. Bought the Les Paul about 4 years after the date of the movie. She was 3 years old 1982. 6 when I bought 'er.

Last edited:

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
SACRIFICE!!!:yo:

LOL, going to reveal a bit of my age but I remember this back in highschool, my music, my scene...

Awesome! I grew up in the punk/metal scene. I discovered Sacrifice through that split they did with Propagandhi. I'm a big fan of canadian punk and metal.

Here's another canadian metal band I really like. Had the pleasure of playing a few shows with them back in the day:

And I can't mention Propagandhi with out sharing a song that belongs on every hockey forum:

[Yt]ezS7rgv5D90[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Damn I miss Power Hour. That Anthem rendition was killer. Tight band. Lots of good influences in that band.

How's the neck coming along on your guitar project?

I asked about your gear and forgot to share my own:

2 x 61 reissue SGs (1 white, 1 red)
Jcm 2000 tsl 100 half stack (ie, the dust collector)
Traynor ycv20
And too many pedals to name

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
How's the neck coming along on your guitar project?

I asked about your gear and forgot to share my own:

2 x 61 reissue SGs (1 white, 1 red)
Jcm 2000 tsl 100 half stack (ie, the dust collector)
Traynor ycv20
And too many pedals to name

Geez. The neck was fine when I left off, but I've had to shelve the project for a bit because of house Renos. I'm at the electronics soldering and tweaking stage at the moment. Neck is going to be fine tuned once all the hardware is in place. Hopefully soon.

Good to see another Gibson fan. Good to see Traynor getting some love. A Canadian staple.

We outta hook up if your in Edmonton. Always looking for other like minded players.

PM me if you want to get something going.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Oh man!!! that takes me back.

and going back further, to the original video show, remember Good Rockin' tonight?

TDM.jpg

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Truth be told I'm not a metal guy in the slightest. Love Rush, but as a prog rock band. I just find a lot of metal too noisy for my taste. :) Btw I have no idea how some ppl consider Rush to be metal.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
This one's just fun to watch:

In general a bit overplayed for my taste, I'd like a simpler version... but the tapping part was awesome!!! :yo:

I'll deliver a blonde for a blonde: some Battle Beast.

And since others are sharing their guitar gear, why not me? I'm an Ibanez guy - mostly because my pinky finger is about an inch shorter than most peoples', so I have to take all the help that a thin neck can provide.

Ibanez RG1570, RG570 & RG520
Ibanez AW140 acoustic
Squier Bullet Strat (my 1st guitar, can't sell)
Engl Thunder 50 head w/ Marshall 1936 cab (2x12")
Boss GT-6
PocketPOD and some Zoom multieffect for home rehearsing

Haven't gigged or even played that much in years though. Too much work and renovating the house in the way. :cry:

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

I dig these guys, Kardashev. Not the vocals so much, but I find the guitar super creative and listenable, while still being heavy.

He streams on Twitch, sometimes plays multiple songs from the album straight through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland