Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Moar TÃR!

TÃR - Lady of the Slain

Djerv - Headstone

The official video for this song is pretty good, but I prefer this audio version to the one in the video.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I just learned Hrvest on the acoustic and I thought I'd share this version I happened upon accidentally.

I know a number of you will love this ****!!

:)

undertow

Sep 26, 2007
i really dont get the "church" metal thing. or the gojira harsh voice, harsh voice, harsh voice, lullaby voice, lullaby voice, harsh voice style. i think theyre just allitle confused. kindof cringy

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Some cool stuff there undertow. Glad you threw in some local artists as well. And by local I mean Alberta based.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Just so some of you who are heavier into the Black.....I thought that was a pretty good take on one of my favorite Opeth tunes of all time. I loved the context theat they applied to it to change it around. I'll listen to it agaain just to make sure I'm not a total ****ing idiot though. :D

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm not sure I'd call that one I just posted black metal. I just call it metal. This one is though:

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking more of some of the bass drum beats behind the tune....sounded like some solid Black Metal influence going on there. I tend to evaluate music a lot differently than many people for a number of reasons though.....mainly cause that's what I do....music.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking more of some of the bass drum beats behind the tune....sounded like some solid Black Metal influence going on there. I tend to evaluate music a lot differently than many people for a number of reasons though.....mainly cause that's what I do....music.
I think the style of Nunslaughter could be called a throwback to the first generation of black metal (from the mid-80s), because of the harsh vocals, thrashy riffs, and ample blast beats. I love that style. That style influenced both death metal and second generation of black metal. I just usually consider second generation to simply be black metal.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I think the style of Nunslaughter could be called a throwback to the first generation of black metal (from the mid-80s), because of the harsh vocals, thrashy riffs, and ample blast beats. I love that style. That style influenced both death metal and second generation of black metal. I just usually consider second generation to simply be black metal.

As any type of Metal has gone over the years. I'm loving that Black and Death Metal have come into their own after the early stages. There's some really good, progressive stuff now that spans multiple generations of Metal, Rock, Hard rock, and a **** load of Prog as well. It's all Metal in the end, apart from the multitudes of sub genres. And it is good!!

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Temple of the Dog. A true beauty of the 90's!! Coming from a BIG Chris Cornell\Sound Garden\all his stuff fan. Pearl Jam is alright, but 10 is the only one I like as an album.

Thanks for posting that.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Temple of the Dog. A true beauty of the 90's!! Coming from a BIG Chris Cornell\Sound Garden\all his stuff fan. Pearl Jam is alright, but 10 is the only one I like as an album.

Thanks for posting that.

I have a harder time taking Eddie Vedder as seriously since portlandia lampooned him so bad.

That everything he sings sounds like he's gargling peppercorns doesn't help. Used to like him, voice hasn't aged well imo.

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I have a harder time taking Eddie Vedder as seriously since portlandia lampooned him so bad.

That everything he sings sounds like he's gargling peppercorns doesn't help. Used to like him, voice hasn't aged well imo.

:laugh: I've never seen that show before. Might have to check it out some time.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006

Thanks for posting that.

I'm also a really big Cornell fan as well.

I've always really enjoyed this song, and having a couple of the most influential Seattle lead singers (albeit at the beginning of their careers) makes me like it even more so.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I know there's a lot of metal fans on hfoil. Here's a little taste of some indian metal. Really hard hitting stuff.

[Yt]adzzQcPGNwQ[/MEDIA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad