OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Some new, scruffy, Blues based hard rock. With Adrian (Stevie Ray) Smith's 75 LP Deluxe, I think original mini HB neck (corection: Firebird neck and I knew that FFS) and a DiMarzio Super Distortion HB in the Bridge. I ran a similar setup in my 79 Deluxe with a Duncan SH-5 DCJ and original mini. Yes, I'm a fan. I admit it.

* Edited for brevity.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Haven't been in the thread in awhile, but don't see this artist from Kyiv posted here anywhere. So much exceptional rock, hard rock covers being done in the East.

Beast in the East is unleashed.

Awesome mix of Metallica

Nice adaptation of Hearts Barracuda putting a heavy edge to it.

Now I generally don't like linking something like this but this cover is exceptional. Was not expecting to like this one.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Some new, scruffy, Blues based hard rock. With Adrian (Stevie Ray) Smith's 75 LP Deluxe, I think original mini HB neck and a DiMarzio Super Distortion HB in the Bridge. I ran a similar setup in my 79 Deluxe with a Duncan SH-5 DCJ and original mini. Yes, I'm a fan. I admit it.

* Edited for brevity.

This is exceptional. What a smoking recording.

Reactions: Dorian2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No doubt. Adrian Smiths vocals were a big surprise for me. That nice European lady you posted has killer tone!!

Kotzen surprised me with what he's up to as well. Has matured very well musically. I was averse to the Poison type bands in the 80's so didnt follow his arc. Looks like I missed out and just discovering it now.

As for Daria Zaritskaya pretty good pipes, amazing versatility and loaded with talent. She patterns vocal stylings of Alannah Myles, Ann Wilson, and other artists. Does a good Dust in the Wind cover as well.

Eastern Europe is just super heated with cover bands right now that are straight up excellent. Been into that scene for a long time.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

I just heard this recently. This is the best version I could find.

Microtonal guitar. Start at about 8 min in.

memetic warfare.

song is about 5 minutes. You have to listen to the whole thing. Don’t give up.

Last edited:

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

This came out in the late 80s. I forgot about this until I saw a video of Portnoy, MacAlpine and Sheehan doing this live.

I think the live version is better, but you have to watch a long bit where Sheehan shows off.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32

I just heard this recently. This is the best version I could find.

Microtonal guitar. Start at about 8 min in.

memetic warfare.

song is about 5 minutes. You have to listen to the whole thing. Don’t give up.

Cool stuff, I skipped thru but I’m looking forward to dissecting this piece of music at a later date for sure.

Reactions: gordonhught

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I have a part time gig pressing vinyl records for a big label, worked on April Wine last two weeks, here’s a stamper:

CAB8A538-8A46-41EB-8339-ACF41F4490BF.jpeg

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Some new, scruffy, Blues based hard rock. With Adrian (Stevie Ray) Smith's 75 LP Deluxe, I think original mini HB neck (corection: Firebird neck and I knew that FFS) and a DiMarzio Super Distortion HB in the Bridge. I ran a similar setup in my 79 Deluxe with a Duncan SH-5 DCJ and original mini. Yes, I'm a fan. I admit it.

* Edited for brevity.

Damn Kotzen can sing

edit - this is one of my new favourite things - guy kind of sounds like Chris cornell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad