OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Went to see these guys in summer of '79, fantastic concert. Fantastic musicians and great songs. Love how this one starts off with emphasis on the off beat and then the snare kicks in and "corrects" it to the first beat. RIP Rick Ocasek and Benny "11 letters"

Such a good band but I always found this to be one of their more interesting tracks. They had so much good material.

another fave

Last edited:

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I love the Cars. Especially their debut album.

I also like the album they did with Mutt Lange, Heartbeat City. They DEFinitely have the DEF leppard multi-tracked background vocals going on...which I love too!!

Regarding the Cars, I’m wondering why the song Drive was such a huge hit? I find it boringly narcoleptic.
Must have been a 80’s junior high slow dance favourite or what?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

HumbleEgomaniac

Apr 23, 2015
I thought this would be apt considering the madness going on in the States right now:

Also one of the most badass riffs ever written.

Reactions: Dorian2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Took me a couple of tunes to bend my 80's Metal ears around this band to decide I like them. Swedish Power Metal act formed 2013, so fairly new. Draw on a lot of good classic Metal.

1st album

Latest

Reactions: Moreaupheus

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Phil Spector dead at age 81.

I'd say rest in peace but he doesn't deserve it. What a shame that his musical genius was overshadowed by his violence towards women.

Reactions: illegalsmile

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Phil Spector dead at age 81.

I'd say rest in peace but he doesn't deserve it. What a shame that his musical genius was overshadowed by his violence towards women.

Agreed he was a genius, and also his violent tendencies. Just a weird, weird dude. Paul McCartney still hates him for what he did to his "Long and winding road." I never heard it without the lavish instrumentation, but now, I can't imagine it any other way.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Agreed he was a genius, and also his violent tendencies. Just a weird, weird dude. Paul McCartney still hates him for what he did to his "Long and winding road." I never heard it without the lavish instrumentation, but now, I can't imagine it any other way.

Let it be naked is a compilation to check out. I like it a lot. Cheers

Reactions: RattsSSV

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
After looking at the discography...assuming Images and Words was the big breakout album. I'll start with that one then. Thanks @yukoner88. After listening to Pull me Under, that's exactly why I didn't want to go down the hole. Bastich

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Pull Me Under is probably their most accessible song for a non-prog fan. But I personally started with Octavarium and it turned me into a DT fan so I would recommend the same.

Reactions: Dorian2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->