Here’s the final product, now in transit to dist.centre:
CAA68934-B7A2-41CF-AA46-8BFBBE1FF0C9.jpeg
C07653AB-7A6F-4053-A9F6-1B3A24350932.jpeg

opaque gold for this title

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton
I have a part time gig pressing vinyl records for a big label, worked on April Wine last two weeks, here’s a stamper:

View attachment 406494
Thanks for the pictures! As a vinyl collector (addict), I’m fascinated in the process. Without breaking any company rules, if you could send more pictures it would be appreciated!

Curious, is this a pressing plant in Canada?

Reactions: Moreaupheus

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Yup in Canada.
Here’s a spindle stack off the press for a well known & established YEG metal band:

63564DC6-054A-4E2F-BAD1-447EE0B4976C.jpeg

and an old soul repress that I cannot name, might be a future record store day title:

11F59ED7-4BBC-4740-9572-639DF9C56060.jpeg

they cool on the spindle for 24 hours min. & then quality control inspection / test play if needed, sleeve & jacket then poly wrap.

Last edited:

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Thanks for posting the pictures. Might be the picture but it looks like a pretty small space. How many records get stamped in an hour or day?

im planning on setting up an I.g acct. soon.
Music related stuff, equipment. Maybe some shots of the shows I’ve worked for IATSE pre-covid.
Pressing & record collecting. So stay tuned. Kinda on the down low for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husker Du

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Was your practice space behind grant macEwan downtown?
I jammed there a couple times in the late 90s and was inspired to pick up my game & arsenal.

Nope. This was one of those buildings on 99St. just South of Whyte. I think I know which space you're talking about though.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Was your practice space behind grant macEwan downtown?
I jammed there a couple times in the late 90s and was inspired to pick up my game & arsenal.
Studio city
That's where my band rehearsed....we were next to Drive by Punch, and across the hall from Dead Jesus, and Punched Unconscious.
We were in the basement...f***ing rad place, with some great bands, I used to go room to room and jam with some great people.

Reactions: Moreaupheus

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
jeez!, now i'm reminiscing about the good old days!
There were some great bands from Edmonton back in the day ...Las Vegas Crypt Keepers, The Loving Dead ( Kurt Frohlich is still kicking ass!!!) , ..Big House!
good times and good music

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
jeez!, now i'm reminiscing about the good old days!
There were some great bands from Edmonton back in the day ...Las Vegas Crypt Keepers, The Loving Dead ( Kurt Frohlich is still kicking ass!!!) , ..Big House!
good times and good music
I saw Big House with SNFU. Kurt Frolich? WOnder if that's the same dude that was in my first year music course at GMCC? Went on to do a Kiss tribute and if it's the same guy in LA Guns, hats off to him!!! He hated the Jazz shit we had to study.

Reactions: booyakasha

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I saw Big House with SNFU. Kurt Frolich? WOnder if that's the same dude that was in my first year music course at GMCC? Went on to do a Kiss tribute and if it's the same guy in LA Guns, hats off to him!!! He hated the Jazz shit we had to study.
Ya, Kurt is in Steve Riley's version of L.A. Guns, which IMO slays the other...he was Ace in Black Diamond the Kiss cover band.
Used run into him a lot at the Gas Pump back in the day. he had a band, The Loving Dead, which were so good.

Reactions: Dorian2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
It's a small world sometimes. I remember reading an article about how Gene Simmons mentioned Black Diamond as one of the best tributes he'd seen or something. Kurt was mentioned in that as well. Really nice, quiet guy.

Reactions: booyakasha

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton
Just stumbled on a new show from The Oh Sees (they change their name a lot, now the Osees). Great garage/psych band. John Dwyer (guitarist and founder of band) also owns Castle Face Records

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad