OT: Music Part V

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The video I posted contains the BTS outtakes, the TV Ad lasted for about 30 seconds :

I just found out they did a new version in 2014

But it's nothing special.

And she is just as beautiful with make up than without.

And Justice is like an edgier version of Daft Punk. Probably the second most known electronic music act after Daft Punk. Both coming from France.

Not a fan of blue eyes, nazi trauma perhaps.:dunno:

That's sound pretty hardcore electronica for sure.

I'll never get tired of watching this performance :

Solid production.

You familiar with The Jordan?

Last edited:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
In keeping with the eclectic nature of this thread, how about … some Polish rock?

Eclecticism should be a way of like if you ask me.

Polish rock eh? it was pretty mental back in the day before the wall came down, have some friends from there and we have a lot of things in common naturally.
dfWGP3E.gif

Not sure how true it is today but I believe it was Krakow that was terrible for air-pollution, in fact on it's best day, it was six times worse than LA on their worst day, that's insane!:eek3:

That's excellent ! Rock isn't an only anglophone music. Polish can play rock, russians too, french canadians too and even some french of France. There is an african mucician who is inspired by Hendrix and I think there has been italian rock groups that were pretty good. I saw a guy on youtube who have a top ten non english albums of prog rock and Harmonium Cinq Saisons comes in 4th position. he mention they did that fantastic album without any drums.
That is very interesting as I was under the impression that music only came from the Netherlands. Even visitors to our nation came up with a slogan.......................

1252.jpg
:laugh:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Here’s another to put on rotation.

Blame @sheed36 for linking it in this thread, a while back:

Still listening to lots of KWS and have been for a good while now and love his music. Damn fine guitar player that man is. :nod:

Here's another damn fine guitarist who is also one of my favorites. Yes stomp on that guitar at the end there Jeff b'y. :) Craziness.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Still listening to lots of KWS and have been for a good while now and love his music. Damn fine guitar player that man is. :nod:

Here's another damn fine guitarist who is also one of my favorites. Yes stomp on that guitar at the end there Jeff b'y. :) Craziness.

Is he playing with his tongue??? Badass!

Side note...new Roadhouse movie coming out. Loved Healy in that....just getting shit thrown at him all night long.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Is he playing with his tongue??? Badass!

Side note...new Roadhouse movie coming out. Loved Healy in that....just getting shit thrown at him all night long.
I think he's playing with his teeth but either way still badass like you said.

Yup he was great in Roadhouse.

Dalton: So, you play pretty good for a blind white boy.
Cody: Yeah, and I thought you'd be bigger.

I didn't know they were releasing a new Roadhouse movie so thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: waitin425

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
What this video doesn't say is Clapton lost his child at a young age. I think he falled from a high balcony. He composed the song Tears in Heaven after that sad event. Very beautiful song, ... and a sad song too.

Why would it? it was decades between events and yes it was a high fall, sad.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Steve Marriott started at the age of 13 in 1960 the musical comedy Oliver (Twist). He did other theatrical songs after that and in 1966 he formed the band Small Faces (featuring Ronnie Lane who later found Faces with Rod Stewart). Then after SM became lead signer of Humble Pie, featuring Frampton. His caracter and his life is quite special. Enough for a movie about him. He was always broke, he got robbed by management, his catalog sold to italian mob Gambino family, they told Marriott you give up your royalties and we let you live. Marriott didn't fight, he walked away, he gave up his royalties to stay alive.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Steve Marriott started at the age of 13 in 1960 the musical comedy Oliver (Twist). He did other theatrical songs after that and in 1966 he formed the band Small Faces (featuring Ronnie Lane who later found Faces with Rod Stewart). Then after SM became lead signer of Humble Pie, featuring Frampton. His caracter and his life is quite special. Enough for a movie about him. He was always broke, he got robbed by management, his catalog sold to italian mob Gambino family, they told Marriott you give up your royalties and we let you live. Marriott didn't fight, he walked away, he gave up his royalties to stay alive.
Interesting story and saw an Oliver movie in the 1960's,not clear on which one but as a young person then I found it very boring.

All that had happened to the poor sod is terrible. No wonder he opened a chain of Hotels as the Indian Maffia is not nearly as intimidating as those Goombahs.

David Reinbacher's favorite band? lol

Reactions: angusyoung

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Why would it? it was decades between events and yes it was a high fall, sad.
Clapton didn't have his child with Patty, neither G Harrison. She was the muse of at least 4 very beautiful songs (while my guitar..., Something, Layla and Wonderful tonight). The stories of Beatles ex wifes is quite interresting, enough for a long book. I saw a documentary about the beatles wives and there was a song at the end by Donovan. He was in the india trip with the beatles, Mia Farrow, her sister (Dear Prudence) and Mike Love (Back in USSR was inspired by Beach Boys style of song). Back to Donovan, he married Brian Jones wife (Linda Lawrence) and a lot of his songs like Sunshine Superman was inspired by her.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Crikey, you must be older than I thought, and from Europe.lol
Nope, just superior taste. :cool:

It’s all subjective, but this sounds like real progressive music to me, not the circle jerk of ELP or something. Can exists to serve the music, many don’t imo. I like soul over math.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad