OT: Music Part V

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Nope, just superior taste. :cool:

It’s all subjective, but this sounds like real progressive music to me, not the circle jerk of ELP or something. Can exists to serve the music, many don’t imo. I like soul over math.
I like so much from just about any style and never know why I do. You'd think that with all the technology and modern science that it would be known.
This band at times is considered krautrock, an offensive term but seems acceptable for people to use it. Not even from Germany but was popular among myself and some friends when we were young and wild. We just considered it to be drug-fueled experimental music and don't think it was ever known outside of Switzerland.

Clapton didn't have his child with Patty, neither G Harrison. She was the muse of at least 4 very beautiful songs (while my guitar..., Something, Layla and Wonderful tonight). The stories of Beatles ex wifes is quite interresting, enough for a long book. I saw a documentary about the beatles wives and there was a song at the end by Donovan. He was in the india trip with the beatles, Mia Farrow, her sister (Dear Prudence) and Mike Love (Back in USSR was inspired by Beach Boys style of song). Back to Donovan, he married Brian Jones wife (Linda Lawrence) and a lot of his songs like Sunshine Superman was inspired by her.
Never know when and where inspiration can come from.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Heard this old beauty and it brought back memories from burning up the dance floor at the clubs. It's bizarre but back then and even hearing it now it had an effect on me that had me wanting to do only one thing.

dddddddddddddddddddd.gif

Beginning of the song is very similar to this one

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
When I hear "What a choon" in british, that's the song I think of.

I prefer the other version of the video though.
That's quite the trigger, so a different reaction then what I experience. And you got me to look and listen to both versions and now I'm stuck with a Louisville slugger and no one to play with. Bah, I'll just take a look at the Habs roster and that will take the wind out of the sail.:phew:

• Haha
Reactions: rik schau

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A friends daughter told me that she's going to Jennifer Lopez in august? I forget. I know the name but wouldn't' be able to name a song. Apparently this is considered her biggest and best. Probably an entertaining show but no way could I take that music for that long. For fun I looked at ticket prices, $ 150 for the cheapest more or less but $ 5600 for vip meet and greet!!!!! :loony:That seems whorish and have to wonder what you get for that.:dunno:

• Wow

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Talk about an unfulfilling day! serves me right but got to listen to some tunes not always able to and check out some old posts and whatever.:highclap:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I kinda like Within Temptation, but it's telling that my favorite songs from them are :

- A very early song (Ice Queen)
- A deep cut that sounds like a lot like Phantom of the Opera (Maiden, not Webber) : (Iron)
- Something closer to dance-pop than Metal : (Sinead)
- A cover of an alt-pop song that is... probably not better than the original : (Summertime Sadness)

• Wow
Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I kinda like Within Temptation, but it's telling that my favorite songs from them are :

- A very early song (Ice Queen)
- A deep cut that sounds like a lot like Phantom of the Opera (Maiden, not Webber) : (Iron)
- Something closer to dance-pop than Metal : (Sinead)
- A cover of an alt-pop song that is... probably not better than the original : (Summertime Sadness)
I'm surprised anyone here even has heard of them. Sen then a few times and they put on a good show.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm surprised anyone here even has heard of them. Sen then a few times and they put on a good show.
They toured with After Forever in, like, 2003 or something. That's how I heard them first. The first two After Forever were absolutely great. Sad it went downhill from there.

They're pretty big. Were opening for Iron Maiden. Totally a gateway band. Again, not a big fan or anything but they're very accessible

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
A friends daughter told me that she's going to Jennifer Lopez in august? I forget. I know the name but wouldn't' be able to name a song. Apparently this is considered her biggest and best. Probably an entertaining show but no way could I take that music for that long. For fun I looked at ticket prices, $ 150 for the cheapest more or less but $ 5600 for vip meet and greet!!!!! :loony:That seems whorish and have to wonder what you get for that.:dunno:

I remember watching this video, vividly.

Good times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad